Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Rahelade and Nifty50s

I knew I wasn't alone with the BM and emerg situation, as the attending emerg dr told me to go visit my obgyn right away and tell him what happened. My obgyn expalined to me that this can be very common especially if you are prone to constipation on a regular basis. He put me on Colace once/twice a day for the next 4 weeks. He also was very concerned over the treatment I received in emerg. I had to insist that the attending nurse give me a cathader, and when the bladder was emptied it had been at 900 ml. My ob was not impressed. He asked if I had called his office - I explained that I had not, but my mom called the nurses station in the castle and they told her to get me into emerg. He asked that if it happened again to call his office immediately. He's so sweet! :-)

As for the regular duties around the house.... how are most of you ladies getting around. I feel like I'm the only one still not feeling better enough to do anything. And the comments !!!!! I must vent... I paid for my parents flight here - not cheap... so that they could take care of me and my family. As I posted, my dh can't do much when he gets home, he is in so much pain himself - he will live like that forever. But my sister and her daughters who also live in the area, are all honkerblonked off because our parents are not spending much time with them! I AM SO honkerblonkED,.... I JUST CANT CONTAIN IT.

Since I'm able to get around and shower alone now, my mom went shopping with my sister and my neice (26 and getting married Aug 25) yesterday. I didn't care... have a great day. My family needs a little "us" time anyway. Then they were to have a BBQ at my sisters house. GREAT. Have a good time, I don't care. Your all adults do what you want. ... Well when my parents got back, my mom couldn't get over how jealous they all are. My neice was actually quizzing my mom!!! "You mean, Nanny, you are actually doing their laundry?!" "You are not cooking all the meals, are you Nanny?!?" "Why can't Uncle P cook supper?" "Why can't Aunt Shellybun's boys do the laundry?" etc etc. My mom couldn't believe it. "YES, she said, I am. That's why I came here... to help the family. Aunt Shellybun's boys are boys they don't know how to clean properly, or do laundry properly. Uncle P. doesn't know how to cook - they would be eating Kraft dinner or take out for 6 weeks."

What really gets me is that my neice knows her uncles condition. He has been like this for most of her life. How could she be like this.?

OK..... I'm rambling now, but I had to vent. You all know how we feel... How this is not just a simple surgery. She acutally thought that I would be home the same day that the surgery was done. And her mother said.... I've had 4 C-sections, it can't be any worse. WHAT have they to compare this to!!! At least my mother and my other sister have been through a TAH and they understand. Even my dad understands and doesn't want me doing anything until I feel better.

SIGH!!! EXHALE!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 09:42 AM

pj2007...I definitely keep a fan on me. I have too, i end up with a hot flash about once every 30-45 minutes during the day...and once every 2 hours at night. Makes for a restless night. But hopefully the patch i'm on will kick in soon.

Roxanne...Hope it's nothing too serious. Just let us all know when you find out.

new2change....Though you're going through a rough time, it sounds like your keeping your sense of humor and thats extremely important. I know my oldest son has kept me laughing during the rough times (even if it does hurt to laugh). We all know that this will eventually just be a memory in our past ....so all we can do is try to make the best of it. Besides....i think if i wasn't laughing, i d be crying....and laughing is so much more fun...*S*.
Unread 07-16-2007, 01:17 PM

gggrrrrr!
I feel stuck! I am having another severely exhausted day. My cat woke me up at 6am and I wanted to throw her out the window.
Fortunately, I got back to sleep til 10am.
Since then, I've been doing light housework, alternating with rest stops. I really feel like I am not getting better.
OK thanks for letting me complain.
I am just so tired. I had so much pain during the time before the surgery and then WHAMMO. All that post-op pain.
I am really tired of the whole process. Mentally I know it will get beter.
Emotionally I am discouraged.

And it's already almost time for DH to come home. I can tell he is wondering when I will bounce back, too.

But I really liked the one about the rooster on the bed. And the cat who is a centerpiece on the table. .smile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 01:36 PM

Pepperoni, my cat wakes me at 5 am, today I slept late, until 6!!! And I can sleep on the side and not only on the back.
I can walk better, but the belly skin is still sensitive an the belly is still swollen.. tomorrow I go to my doctor and the day after to the gynecologist.
I live alone, with some help in the morning, and I have a lot of friends who come to see me in the afternoon.
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Almost 4 weeks post op and still in a lot of pain.

Hello Ladies~ I am going to the DR today to find out exactly what I did to myself to cause so much pain. I have severe pain on my right side and it feels like a "ball" behind my incision. I know there is scar tissue, but the right side is real tight and left is fine, no pain. I cant even sit up without the feeling of tugging on the muscle there? A friend thought I may have an incisional hernia, and that is why I am going today. Does anyone else feel the same way. I really havent done too much to activate it ( I think). If it were not for that I would feel fine. But that pain is bad and exhausting, because I try to baby it by moving differently...oh yeah...and it radiates out to my hip??? I am supposed to return to work in two weeks and right now dont feel like I can make it for more than a few hours without becoming tired and needing to lay down. My job is not sympathetic...if I return, I return full day, full function or I can loose my job...AAAHHH love those Nevada work laws.
Hope everyone else is doing better than me. I'll let you know if the DR has anything interesting to say that I should share to keep you away from my pain.
HUGS
~Tonie
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Pepperoni -- hang in there! My surg date is same as yours and today i think it may be my best--no real pain darts--just dull pulling inside when i take walks too long--feels almost like a period--thank goodness those are over. But i still get that tired, wiped out feeling, and it comes on suddenly--was talking with sis. on phone and dozed off till she yelled--hey!are you still there? And letting things go with housework (just picking things up is too much) would normally bug me--but i just look at it and say like Scarlett : "I'll think about that tomorrow".

Loved the rooster tale too--our Llhasa who had emerg. surg. for kidney stones is back to normal already--her stitches come out in a few days--but i know she's her usual self when she begs to be put in our bed--short legs won't let her jump up so we have to lift her up--then it's IN YOUR FACE PLAYTIME & TUG 0 WAR with toys--she'll stand on top of you and growl till you do what she wants--a bossy bear (DH has nicknamed her "Bear") This happens either late at nite after we're asleep or early a.m. & she's ready to start the day. Course i can't pick her up (20 lbs) so DH has to give in to her demands or we go nuts--yes, we spoiled her. So Kudos to my DH who has been taking care of 2 *****es (hope i can say that here) in recovery !! Hope your days get easier ---we could use more "rooster tales" for a little laugh huh?
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM

Having a bad day today Ladies. Hope you don't mind if I vent a bit since I am feeling very frazzled.

On Saturday my lymph node under my right arm was aching terribly. I could not get comfortable on the couch and definately could not touch it. I took a Tylenol PM and went to bed and it subsided but is still tender to the touch.

Today I am extremely light headed. It may be a reaction to the beta blocker they added to my regimine for my increased heartbeat. But I am also wondering if the heartbeat issue is a side effect of the HRT. And if so, am I brave enough to give it a go without it?

Tomorrow I got back to my primary for my follow up and the results of my thyroid biopsy so of course today I was online doing research on thyroidectomies. From what I read, even if the results are benign, chances are they will want to perform one on me because of the multiple nodules. That would make my third surgery this summer.

I feel like a car that just got paid off AND the warranty expired at the same time!!

Needless to say my mood is gloomy today. Oh, and on top of all this did I mention that I am trying (with doctor's supervision) to wean myself off the Effexor while I am home recovering.
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babat
Pepperoni, my cat wakes me at 5 am, today I slept late, until 6!!! And I can sleep on the side and not only on the back.
I can walk better, but the belly skin is still sensitive an the belly is still swollen.. tomorrow I go to my doctor and the day after to the gynecologist.
I live alone, with some help in the morning, and I have a lot of friends who come to see me in the afternoon.
I don't have pets to wake me up but seems like I'm up every 2 hrs. to go to the bathroom. I felt I was getting better and am BUT I get soooo tired and have to keep going back to bed for a bit. I've been sleeping on my side for quite a while and on my back (prefer to sleep on my stomach but that's completely out!)

Been rubbing oil on incision area to help with scar but since yesterday it's been burning like it's not healed and I really don't want anything on it. I still have swelly belly and pray the pain from the touch goes away and the swelling or I won't be able to get in any of my skirt or pantsuits for work and only have 1 dress loose enough to wear that doesn't rub all on area and hurt.

Get to go out for short drive with DH today after he gets home from work. Will be short drive.

I'll try to drive end of next week to go to eye doctor -- tried another time last week but was so paranoid, (held seatbelt with one hand to keep off of me and steering wheel with other) and was soooo tired when I made it back home!
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Thank you everyone for coming here and posting your trials and tribulations. I read every post thoroughly with much sympathy, empathy and some laughter.
I am so glad I am not alone.

I had a down day, but it will get better. After dinner, DH & I went out and got a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby. I think it has 1,400 calories per serving. But yowza, it did hit the spot.
We've all been recovering hard for a while now and we have a ways to go. But it's getting better, bit by bit.
In severe emergency, there is always Ben & Jerry.
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:27 PM

witchiepoo, I have been having the same thing, went to dr. today and its fluid built up under the skin, he just put me on motrin and vicodine. but man it hurts, mine is on the left side, pulls every time in try and sit up or bend. wish you all the luck with yours

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register