Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

hi everyone
just wan t to warn you about fluid build up i had that one week after my surgery and the gyn said to take meds and not to worry but i had a general surgen fixing my hernias while i was open for the tah ..i made a appointment with him but before i could get to see him my large pocket of fluid busted and i ended up back in the O.R and now im healing with a wound vac so please be carfull and if it dont feel right to you get a second opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 08:50 PM

ok girls
i need to vent on someone .i have 4 kids i have two 16 yr olds 1 bo and one girl and i have one 15 yr old girl and one 10 year old dennis the menise x 5 .......ok with this i have 6 dogs ,cats that i have lost count on and somewhat of a small farm including chickens i have a medium size home. meaning there is lots of housework i knew i was in trouble when i had to have the surgery the DH well after 17 years hes the sorta husband when the kids have a problem or something goes wrong he says " go tell your mother" everything is falling apart my head is pounding and i dont know why im hooked to a wound vac so im limited on what i can do soooo far here is what has happend .......... kitchen .....one of the kids pt a plastic mixing bowl on the burner and there is a nice purple plastic coating on it that ill never get off ...dishes are only half done and somehow all the silverware has walked out the door cause we cant find the 100 forks i had and now we are using plastic forks ...i have ashes in my oven from the 10 yr old forgot the pot holder in the oven and someone turned it on and it caught fire that was a big mess but anyway .... dinning room one of the kids used comet on my oak table and it has spots on it now ...cant find some of the pads on my chairs ..live room "oh boy its trashed " and i have 7 bedrooms i dont even wanna know ...the dogs are fighting the cats the rooster keeps running in the dog door cause im not feeding him ... the kids are so lost my 16 year old son had to wear the girls shorts today cause my 10 year old put dye in the wrong load of clothes so he says and all the oldest boys clothes was green .. i will never get the house back together and it wears me out telling them every little move to make ...they have seen me do this all there life how hard is it to put some clothes in the washer... i knew i was in trouble when my DH come to the hospital and said honey everything will be ok ..and he paused and said honey did you take the can opener ??? i said no its nder the cabnet and he looked all shocked and said hmmm we cant find it lol first sign right there

im just going crazy kids pets house DH and trying to recover
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:33 PM

Any TAH'ers thinking about heading back to work? I also am in the 2 days good 1 day bad mode, but am feeling guilty about not being back at work at least half days (office job). My surgery was June 18th but was more extensive than expected, so I just feel like taking my time.

Just need a pep-talk that it's the right thing to do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 11:43 PM

Well here's something I wasn't expecting! All this getting up and down using my arms as leverage has resulted in a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder. Please ladies be careful how you lift yourself, I never saw this coming!
Unread 07-16-2007, 11:51 PM

Hi jayneway,
Had my surgery on the 25th and still officially have another 2 1/2 weeks before I go back to work - the thought at the moment is scary as my days are still very up and down.
Once I'm back it's full on teaching 27 11 and 12 year olds full time. As much as I adore the kids and am missing them I don't feel I'd get through a full day of teaching and all the meetings, planning, administration etc just yet. I usually leave home by 7:30 am and get back home about 6:00 pm so it's quite a long day. I also have a half hour drive to work on a fairly winding and hilly road and I think I'll need a couple of practice runs before I'm back into that - it's not the kind of road I can pull over safely if I'm not feeling too good.
I think if you can go back half days that would be a great way to ease yourself back into it and not feel so guilty. At least you could have a rest and recharge for the next day. Many other people have said how tired they are when they first go back so I'd say take it slowly...
Best wishes for a good return to work
Helen

PS How could I possibly be responsible for a class of kids yet when my brain is still so vacant that I have to reread everything I've typed and I'm still not sure it made sense! I'm sure surgery robbed me of many brain cells! Hope they grow back..........
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayneway
Any TAH'ers thinking about heading back to work? I also am in the 2 days good 1 day bad mode, but am feeling guilty about not being back at work at least half days (office job). My surgery was June 18th but was more extensive than expected, so I just feel like taking my time.

Just need a pep-talk that it's the right thing to do!
Hi Janeway. I don't really feel guilty about not going back to work yet. Dr will release after 6wks probably but upfront I told them I wouldn't be back for 11-12 wks and informed Drs of same. Since I knew I had cancer upfront and wasn't sure what all recovery, healing involved my DH wanted me to make sure I was well. Back in the day nurses, parents, etc. say you need to be off a min. of 8 wks. before you start doing all so after then I'll try pushing self more and trying to make self get up and stay up so by the time it's time to go back maybe I can handle full day. I too have an office job and am very busy. I just want to feel better, great again and be rid of or something these hot flushes/flashes and the burning pain where incision is, etc. and tiredness off/on.
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joi68
Well here's something I wasn't expecting! All this getting up and down using my arms as leverage has resulted in a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder. Please ladies be careful how you lift yourself, I never saw this coming!
Joi68,
Sorry to hear about you tearing rotator cuff. I try to do things on own getting outta bed so my DH brought pillows from the sofa for me to elevate my leg (real sore, hurt to touch and put weight on from after surgery - phlebitis) but I didn't want to wake anyone to go to bathroom so ended up using sofa cushions up by my chest area to give me more height, leverage to pull/roll myself up out of waterbed all the time. At first was afraid was going to hurt self and felt like crying but needed to be able to get up and definately could not without sofa pillows or someone holding hand and pulling me up. I do much better now.
Unread 07-17-2007, 01:20 AM

as for getting out of bed, I could do it alone even the first days in hospital: I pushed a little with left elbow,then the legs down left side and pushing with right arm...and I was sitting!! I'm not overweight, but neither underweight, and had for years ballet classes, and sometimes climbing.. so my muscles were fit.
Unread 07-17-2007, 03:33 AM

Pepperoni,
just out of curiousity, what is Ben and Jerry? LOL
Unread 07-17-2007, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak236
Pepperoni,
just out of curiousity, what is Ben and Jerry? LOL
Hey Paula236,

I'm not Pepperoni but Ben and Jerry's is ice cream, pintsize containers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register