Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Pepperoni my belly was just fine for 3 days but today it is huge again too! Just as I thought it was gone for good... I didn't have a very good day today either. I went to 3 stores with my family and then I had to say it was time to go home because I started hurting so bad. I was so tired when I got home I put on my pajamas and took a nap. My pain never did go away and I'm still very tired but I just know I won't be able to sleep.

I also encourage those of you heading back to work to take it slow. If at week 5 we are still having up and down days please take it easy so the down days don't get worse. Good luck to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Today is starting out better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperoni
I cannot believe how big my stomach is. Along the area of the incision it is like there is a hot dog inside of me.
I call it my Hebrew National Hot Dog.
Even DH asks, how is Hebrew National today?

Still there, honey. Still there.
nice to read something funny right after I get up! Too cute.

Anyhow, today seems to be starting out better than the past couple of days.... low back if finally not in extreme pain.... think I overdid it on Friday.... so suffered through the weekend.

Don't like taking the Ambien, but it IS helping me sleep now that the doc upped the dose to 10mg. I still wake up before anyone else in the house though.... would so love to be able to sleep in like they do! What bugs me about that... is having to listen to them tell me THEY are tired later.... sheesh...

I go for my post-op this thursday the 26th... nervous about the internal exam... really curious to know how the doc thinks I'm doing.... gonna beg for 2 more wks off, but not sure if he'll give it to me.... I'm REALLY not ready to go back to work yet... still can't even walk normal... but the worst part is I still can't sit on my rump!! I have to sit at an angle still..... I think this is what is really annoying!

I can't beleive that I'm 4 1/2 wks and I'm still needing pain meds.... a little disappointed in myself, BUT at the same time, I have always been a slow healer... so I s'pose it's that way this time too

Hopefully my day will continue on its current "good" path

s to all!
Unread 07-23-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibies1
blue-moon rose....Thanks for the wishes. I thought it was a "dry" heat over there...*L*. Hubby would love to move to Arizona, but i keep telling him its too hot.
It is until Monsoon Season. When our humidity levels are 50% or above for 3 days in a row ... it is considered officially here. Usually our humidity level is around 75% during this time. Last's for 2-4 weeks. We get a majority of our rainfall during this time. What happens is ... you wake up in the morning and its slightly sticky but gets sticker as the day wheres on. Come early evening the dust storms roll in. (think sand storms you have probably seen on tv, little to no visibility, hard to breath due to all the dirt in the area. it looks like a big brown cloud moving your way. Winds are very strong at least 50 mph usually closer to 100) That is followed by a lightning storm and occasionally a microburst. Then usually late that night (after 10) the rain comes hounding in. Its gone by the wee hours of morning. To start all over again the next day. Last year ... our dust storms were so bad we had a few funnel clouds around here.

The rest of the year ... its a dry heat. HOT! but dry! We only made it to the 120's twice this year. The monsoon season marks the beginning of the end of summer. After this we will have about another month of high heat (110) then will drop down to the 90-100s for Sept and then by Halloween we will be in the 80s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperoni
More patience. I cannot believe how big my stomach is. Along the area of the incision it is like there is a hot dog inside of me.
I call it my Hebrew National Hot Dog.
Even DH asks, how is Hebrew National today?

Still there, honey. Still there.
Oh... I so needed to laugh!
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:04 PM

Went back to work today but only lasted 4 hours. I came home and promptly took a short nap. Am so glad my doctor worded my release saying I could come back for up to 6 hours a day for the next month.
Unread 07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
lazy & fat

h everyone,
today I am 5 weeks post op and can't believe how lazy I still feel.
I got up this morning, packed the lunches, dressed the toddler, folded the washing, made the breakfast, unpacked the dishwasher, put a load of washing on & have made a coffee & sat at the computer.
Before the op i do all of these normal 'mother' things plus hang out a load or two, and plenty more, before work.
Now I am exhausted!!!! Is anyone else still this tired? or as I suspect am I just lazy?
I guess i am feeling sorry for myself today?
My stomache is so big that I can't do up any jeans or pants around my waist so I am still slothing around in track pants! What am I going tp wear when I do go back to work???

jann
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:05 PM

Jann,

I'm lazy too. I have a customer's loan application that I have been pushing around since last Thursday. I just don't have the umph to pick up the phone and call around to find a lender to place him with. And that doesn't even require me to leave home!!! I don't know how I'm going to manage next week either. Although my jobs are only part time..........there is three of them. Three part time probably equal more than one full time.
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:19 PM

I am glad it's not just me! I have been working from home (very little) doing bookwork, have made mistakes in a couple of staff's group cert's aargh! I guess my brain wasn't ready yet?
I'm sure we'll better soon, hope your client isn't in a hurry? LOL
Unread 07-24-2007, 08:15 AM

Blue-moon rose....."We only made it to the 120's twice this year. " Only???? *L*

Janine....My stomache is still big also. But going back to work and being on my feet for 8 hours probably isn't helping any. Luckily i wear stretch pants to work. I'm beginning to wonder if this swelling isn't ever going to go away.... ;>(
Unread 07-24-2007, 08:31 AM

Good morning ladies,

I'm on week 5 too, and have my check up tomorrow with my obgyn. I'm scared about the check-up. I still have tummy pains, and I'm always EXHAUSTED. Supposedly, according to my mom, sister and sister-in-law, I need HRT to get rid of the exhaustion, but I don't know how to get rid of the pain. I'm still not doing much - it hurts too much. Just to give you an idea... When I shower, it's very difficult to shower, and do all the other stuff, makeup etc., and then get dressed and blow dry my hair one after the other without taking at least a 20 min break.

Today I tried, and now I'm in pain and having to rest in my lazy boy. How am I going to do this next week at work? I can't fathom going back to work next Wednesday. My dh is on vacation this week, and my boys are BORED out of their minds (hasn't been the typical summer for them) so we decided to do a day trip. We decided to head out about 2 hours from here to a nice cottage country area, and let them swim at the many beaches in the area. We divided the trip up into three segments so I could get out and walk around. However this proved to be very difficult. He came home the quick way on the major highways so that we could get home quickly, as I reclined the van seat and did everything I could to try to be comfortable. Today, I'm paying for it, and I have to bring my son to a Dr. appt.

My DH and my mom are still doing all the house chores, as I still find it extremely difficult to pick things up off the floor, and bending into the dishwasher..... well forget it. I'm hoping that once I'm on HRT, I'll only have the twinges to deal with and the major pains will be gone by then and at least I'll have more energy because now... it's non-existent. The drag about that is that I had so much energy the 2nd week, and then it dissapeared.

I think I'm babbling now.... I tend to do that, my brain is fried. That's another thing - I can't imagine doing my job... it requires alot of brain power, and that my friends is barely chugging right now.

Wishing everyone all the best.

Michelle

40 - TAH - nothing left!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register