Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

well after reading about Cheryl's experience at the dr.s I am not so sure I want to go to mine. My appt. is in about an hour. Uugh! I too am not ready to be released back to work. I am hoping for another couple of weeks also. This fatigue really wears on a person after a while. I just can't seem to get my energy back either. I feel so bad for you Cheryl. That wasnt fair of them to treat you that way. I certainly wouldn't let it go un-noticed. I hope your employer is more understanding. Good luck and Best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Hi girls well I'm on week 4 and still feel so wore out and tired...I am working some against everyones wishes...I worked 3 days last week and 4 this week and I cant begin to tell you how tired I am...part of the problem is ...direaha(sp) ...I have had it since surgery...it comes nd goes..I have it real bad for 2or 3 days then it goes for two or three days...then its back again...ugh!....I just feel so drained...I go back to the doctor ...on Aug 7....I feel pretty good otherr than that...so far....once in a whiloe I get lower ab pain but then I figure I did something I shouldnt have and go lie down...
Unread 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM

went to the dr. today and said i was healing well but isnt releasing me to go back to work til Aug 27. I am very glad about that as I am not ready right now. Emotionally or physically. Hope I am better by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 06:51 PM

I am going to the doc tomorrow & hope he says not to go back to work! I am doing some work from home but as my dh & I have a business, if I do any work he thinks that I can come back full time. In fact because I went out to watch my daughters athletics carnival (where I sat) he thinks if I can go out I can go to work. I just can't believe how much it has knocked me around. My brain is also fried, I did the group certificates, and made mistakes on them.
Hope we all feel better soon!!!!
janine.
Unread 07-24-2007, 07:12 PM

I have just read about the Dr Disaster, you must be so upset, I think I would have burst into tears, (don't seem to have a good grip on my emotions at the moment).
My Doc is the most caring man I have ever met! I get more affection from him than my DH (that doesn't stand for Dear husband here). My doc gives me a hug on every visit & tells me how brave I am. he makes me a bit like a little girl and tells me I'll be OK. I'd be letting your doc know that her treatment of you is appalling, at least she may rethink her manner for some other patient?
Unread 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM

Hi ladies!
Cherly your dr sounds like mine. That's the treatment I got upfront and she told me under no circumstances would she extend my FMLA over saying I would be ready past the 6 wks because that is definately long enough. I don't think they've had this done to them or they would know better. Way back in the day I think they got at least 10-13 weeks and I really think that 8 wks would be better and then if we needed more time go that way.

I asked work for longer time upfront because I didn't know how I'd feel and thought I'd have to have treatments, etc. and work approved up front. If I were released after 6 wks and hadn't asked for more time in advance they would not let me come in for 1/2 days.

I still get tired and 5 wks is tomorrow so I felt I should be able to do a little more so I tried doing some things requiring bending, etc. and BOY COULD I FEEL IT. Been having pains, aches in lower abdomen. Also tried to lay on stomach but NOPE can't do that to sleep either.

Haven't been getting much sleep. Seems only get about 3 - 3.5 hrs. each day and it has me BEAT.

I also have pain in the lower portion of where the incision is ... burns like cut is still open just all the time and don't touch it. Feels like when you cut yourself and it burns/stings.
Everywhere else is healed though.

I'll bring it up to dr when I go in 2 wks. She isn't too comfy, etc. and is rather harsh at times and feels like no big deal. When she saw me a few days after surgery and saw incision and stated i had a REALLY bad reaction to the steri-strips she didn't remove the strips and just let me continue to itch, blister, etc. BUT my cancer dr told me to remove. I no longer have the cancer dr. (PRAISE GOD -- all of the cancer was removed) but at least I did get more info when I had 2 drs.

I'll ask my regular dr about something to sleep, hot flashes, tiredness, restroom ev 2 hrs durning night since he's closer to home and I really only see ob/gyn once yr -- except for this cancer.

Everyone keep taking it easy and congrats on getting a few more weeks off.

Hope your boss lets you just work 1/2 days or extend your time off.
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:18 PM

[quote=pj2007]

"I'll ask my regular dr about something to sleep, hot flashes, tiredness, restroom ev 2 hrs durning night"

I too had all of these symptoms, at my check today my DR said these symptoms were reason to put me on estrogen. I also had night sweats. She said I should be feeling better in about a week. Maybe you should ask, if its the case you could be feeling better soon.

I sure hope she knows what shes talking about. I was beginning to think I had a bladder infection or something.

Happy healing everyone!

TAH-polyps/adeno/ovarian cyst-everything gone!
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:23 PM

[quote=diltondust]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by pj2007

"I'll ask my regular dr about something to sleep, hot flashes, tiredness, restroom ev 2 hrs durning night"

I too had all of these symptoms, at my check today my DR said these symptoms were reason to put me on estrogen. I also had night sweats. She said I should be feeling better in about a week. Maybe you should ask, if its the case you could be feeling better soon.

I sure hope she knows what shes talking about. I was beginning to think I had a bladder infection or something.

Happy healing everyone!

TAH-polyps/adeno/ovarian cyst-everything gone!

Thanks Diltondust!!

I'm afraid to take anything herbal and HRT because I had endo cancer and the herbal thing can contribute and since I'm not too familiar need to find out if can still get since they've taken everything or not. If anyone else has or had endo cancer are you taking estrogen, can we?
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:43 PM

I had endo cancer, and I never thought taking estrogens! I have allways had the idea that menopause is a normal point of passage, and since I had a lot of bleeding before, the only idea of not having more menstruation was a relief! taking estrogen to have still them? not at all!
and I had also a story of breast cancer in my mother family, so no hormones and no estrogens for me! I have light flushes, but in general menopause has been very welcome! When I saw some spotting I thought On no! No more blood!! and went to the gynecologist, and so we found a fibroid, which was covering a beginning of cancerous cells.
Unread 07-25-2007, 12:17 AM

Yeah, I thought it was rather crummy that I got ushered out so quickly. The office is relatively new and very small - I'm only aware of the one nurse/receptionist and the doctor herself as being on the staff. Did I mention I was the ONLY patient in the office at the time?? So, it wasn't even that there was a backlog of patients waiting to be seen, either.

One of the things that got under my skin was the nurse's attitude with me when I went to pay my co-pay which is $2.00. I don't carry cash (too tempting), and so I began writing a check for the co-pay which I've done at least TWO other times. She got snotty with me and asked, "Do you HAVE cash for the co-pay?" I told her no, I didn't carry cash, and instead of leaving it alone, she went on to tell me that finance didn't like accepting checks for small co-pays because of the "crap" they have to go through when checks bounce because the fees alone exceed the amount of the check! First of all, being in a professional environment, I felt it was out of line for her to use the word "crap" when describing finance's take on things. As if it was somehow MY concern. Secondly, there are NO signs posted anywhere indicating that personal checks aren't accepted for any reason. Third, if writing a check to cover the co-pay was an issue, why wasn't it an issue that last TWO times? Fourth, I didn't like the insinuation that I was a check-bouncer. I've never bounced a check to them in the past, and the way she said it to me made it sound like I was a repeat offender or something. And all this was BEFORE the doctor even arrived at the office! lol.

I was already dreading the fact that I'd be poked and prodded at this appointment, but to be treated like poop by the nurse/receptionist was overkill.

The doctor, who I normally get along with fairly well, was just so aloof towards me today. I don't know if she was offended that I asked for a copy of my pathology report, but hey, that's my right. As we all have complained in posts about our memories not being very sharp post-surgery, well, mine wasn't that sharp PRE-surgery. lol. Out of sight, out of mind, you know? So, I wanted a copy of my report to keep in a personal file for future reference. She seemed put out by my request, and was just adamant that it shouldn't take more than 6 weeks to recover from this type of surgery. Well, I beg to differ. When I'm reading posts from people still feeling like crap after 6 weeks, some taking considerably longer to manage and get past the pain, and that it can take months (sometimes up to a year) to feel "normal" again, I'm inclined to believe that 6 weeks is just merely a jumping-off point. To have requested an additional two weeks shouldn't have been a big deal, and considering my employer wouldn't care either way, it wasn't like I was asking my doctor to wrestle corporate alligators or anything!

So, long story short, I'm taking the additional two weeks by just letting my boss know I still feel incapable of performing my job just yet, and that's that. My health, my recovery, and my future are far more important than any job...I can always find another job should it reach that point.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register