Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

GO GIRL!!!!

Thats the way Cheryl!!!!!!!

I can't see why it would be a problem to give you a copy of your report? My Dr went through it with me, showed me pics that I really didn't want to see (he thought I should have a peek to understand why I feel lousy) AND didn't charge me for that whole appointment!

It seems that most people say it does take a year to 'feel back to normal'. Did any of us REALLY have any idea how hard it was going to be? I know I didn't believe it!

My DH wants me back at work, but I am struggling with looking after the kids, and doing a bit of work from home.

Hope your work understand that they probably wouldn't want you back, if your anything like me at the moment you'd probably mess things up anyway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 01:11 AM

Hello Ladies ~
Well I am going on week 5 tomorrow and I still feel pretty crappy. I get tired really easy and still have pain in my lower right side. I took my niece to look at some model homes yesterday in our area and only walked two homes before I had to come home to take a nap. I realized then that I would not be able to return to work in a week...I am in property management and am walking up and down stairs all day as well as filing etc. My boss is the type of boss that if you cant do your job then dont return...there is no such thing as a half day or light duty with her. SO I will explain all of this to my dr next week and pray that I can get a little more time off. I am just worried being that NV is the "right to work state" that I will be let go from my job. But if I return I risk hurting myself and having to recover again...I am so confused. I dont have a DH but a DB (dear boyfriend) who is not so dear and really doesnt see why I should stay home longer...but then again he thought I was ok to back after a week.
I thought I would feel a lot better by now and I just dont. I am taking premerin and my night sweats have gotten a little better but I feel blah ...not really sad or depressed just kind of unimportant and lost. I really just want to be alone a lot and I cant even really think to myself...it is like my brain is only half working and the other half is just kicking back telling the other half to shut up...almost like I am on something (other than ibuprofin and premerin..lol ) I cant really explain it without sounding like I need to be committed , but thanks for "listening" anyway and letting me vent. I tried writing everything down but I get so angry and frustrated and then I just dont care...help.
Also, as far as I know, I didnt have anything done to my bladder, but I wake up 2-3 time a night to pee and I never did that before the surgery. I have noticed the ball of scar tissue on my lower right side seems to be pushing on my bladder when I push down on it. Does anyone else have this? SHould I be worried? I see the dr Monday, so I will ask her then.
Well enough of my blabber...I wish you all many happy, sweet, butterfly filled dreams. Good Night

~Tonie
Unread 07-25-2007, 05:15 AM

Hi Girls,
I am 5 weeks post op today and in the last few days have been feeling great. I have very little pain anymore, just a bit of discomfort when I get up in the morning and am sleeping really well-have just started sleeping on my side again yay! I've been on an estrogen patch for about a month and haven't really had any menapausal symptoms. I went for a little walk round the village yesterday in the sunshine (we've had an unbelievable amount of rain here in the UK!) and felt really happy. There was a point a couple of weeks ago when I thought I was never going to feel better! I am seeing my gyn tomorrow and finally getting my results. I already have a borderline serous tumour of my peritoneum and will be finding out if it's turned cancerous (in which case they'll try and give me a dose of chemo) I'm starting to feel really nervous but also trying to stay positive! I hope everyone else is starting to feel better too, big to all of you x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 05:30 AM

Thanks Babat & WitchiPoo!

Babat, before surgery I did not have menopause and had decided (before knowing anything about surgery) that whenever I had it (if I had) that I wouldn't take the pills but then when I got endo cancer and read up on it and it said no herbal stuff because it can cause I had decided against it too.

I just need something that will let me get some sleep again and wake up feeling refreshed - even just 5-6 hrs. straight sleep would be GREAT.

Witchiepoo,
I'm like you. I get up seems like every 2 hrs. to go p and I did not do that before surgery. I don't know that anything is pushing on anything to me - I probably couldn't tell. Just feels like my insides are dropping out (pressure only I know they aren't) when I go to the restroom. My brain only feels that fuzzy when I'm completely completely exhausted and can't think and then I'm desperate for sleep and take benedryl (not what it's for but it works) but I don't do that till I'm really desperate. That's why I want to ask dr if there's something I can take that will let me sleep and wake and not feel drowsy drugged all the next day too so I can't function.

Babat have fun in the sun.
Witchitpoo -- here's to you getting more time off from work - like you mine is all or nothing.

Glad we are all feeling better than before and better than first few weeks but I too would like to feel much, much better.
Unread 07-25-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel28
Hi Girls,
I am 5 weeks post op today and in the last few days have been feeling great. I already have a borderline serous tumour of my peritoneum and will be finding out if it's turned cancerous (in which case they'll try and give me a dose of chemo) I'm starting to feel really nervous but also trying to stay positive! I hope everyone else is starting to feel better too, big to all of you x
Hi Rachel28,

Glad you got to go out for a nice walk and are feeling good/happy. I will pray that you have a great report and continue to think positive!

HUGS!!!
Unread 07-25-2007, 08:38 AM

ScrubsFan..."However, like many of you, I've been battling insomnia, fatigue, discomfort and exhaustion (not to mention I've been getting headaches with more frequency). " Did the dr. put you on any HRT? I'm on the lowest dose of estrogen only (Climara) and it's finally starting to help. The headaches are gone, the hot flashes have died down immensely and my energy level is like it was before surgery. I've even started running some during my walks in the morning on my days off....though i definitely have to hold my belly for support while running. You may want to ask your dr. about it and if its safe for you.

WitchiePoo....I also have to get up 2-3 times during the night to pee. I never had that problem before either. Glad to hear someone else has the same problem. So hopefully this is just one more thing we have to deal with temporarily. I'd hate to think this is a permanant thing.

For those of you that aren't ready to go back to work....Don't! Its your body and only you know what your capable of. Just remember....there are other jobs if your boss doesn't like it....but there is only one you...*S*...keep it safe!
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:13 AM

Good Morning Sunshines~
I woke up this morning feeling a little more positive about things. I only got up once last night to use the bathroom so I was able to get a little more sleep than usual. I see that so many of use are dealing with the same thing...which makes me feel "normal", and so many of you are giving advice on what to do to help sleep better which is wonderful, but does anyone know why we can not sleep good? Is it hormonal or is it just since we are off from work and have no reason to go to bed and get up early anymore we dont? I have also noticed that for the last few nights I have been experiencing some symptoms of restless leg syndrom, which I have had in the past but only when I took diet pills (which I am not taking now, but should... ). Does anyone else have this?
All in all, it is WONDERFUL to see that we are all on the road to recovery.
Have a fabulous day!
~Tonie :dance2:
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:25 AM

I've had symptoms of RLS for years, but it has probably tripled since my hyster.... thanks for mentioning it... I need to write that one down to ask the doc tomorrow! I hadn't thought about it... too much going through my mind! (what little mind I have use of right now LOL)

As far as the reason for not being able to sleep... good question... anyone have any ideas?
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:27 AM

I don't know why some of you have sleeping problems, at the beginning I wasn't happy to sleep only on the back, but now I go to bed and sleep at once. I use some relaxing methods, relaxing muscles and so on.. I wake up early, but that was even before, because of the summer light and my lovely cat who calls me in the morning ( sometimes I feed her, and go back to sleep). In the afternooon I read and often, as todat, the book falls of my hands and I take a nap. The first days it was so even in the morning before meals.
If I wake up to go to the bathroom, I take a glass of water and go back to bed, takin immediately sleep.
Unread 07-25-2007, 04:18 PM

I don't know about anyone else's sleeping problems but I can go to bed at my regular time before surgery (11:00pm) and still not get but 2-3 hrs. sleep and then up for the rest. If I stay up till I get sleepy and think I can fall asleep (2am) I still can't sleep and toss and turn and when I do fall asleep it's still only for about 2 hrs. I've tried a nice hot shower before bed and drinking hot tea in hopes that that would relax me more and make me fall asleep to no avail.

My DH keeps telling me to go to sleep but I can't go to sleep if my body doesn't let me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register