Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Toni,
I too have RLS and I have to take medication for it. I take requip and it works great. I can't sleep without it. RLS is a very miserable condition and I would'nt wish it on anyone.
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 05:25 PM

Thank you for all of your responses!! I will ask the DR on Monday about the sleep and RLS and let you all know what she says. I just got back from taking my niece to the airport. She is 13 and was here for a week and a half. I was ready for her to leave, but at the airport I cried like a big baby...hormones? Or exhaustion from walking through the airport for almost 2 hours? Either way I am home alone again. And after doing just that simple thing I am so tired...there is no way I am ready to return to work next week.
Thank goodnss for my laptop, you wonderful ladies, and HGTV.
~Tonie
Unread 07-25-2007, 07:22 PM
restless legs

my husband found that a low dose of an iron supplement helped his legs, or calcium might help,, also good for insomnia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I hope I didn't over do it!!

Hi Ladies,

I'm a bit concerned that I may have gone a bit too far and need to vent/confide/not sure what the proper term is.

Anyway, I have been feeling good and staying active this week since I plan on going back to work next week. I have been going to the beach every day since Saturday and carrying a light camp chair in a bag and a light straw beach bag with no problem. I usually park right at the entrance and all the walking I have to do is on the sand down to the water.

Tonight, my DH and I decided to go to the free concert that they have on the beach every Wednesday night. We always park in another adjacent parking lot to avoid the traffic when the show is over and walk through a path that connects the two. Hard to explain but let's just simplify it by saying, it may have been too long of a walk carrying the chair and bag even though they were light. My DH was loaded down with his chair, another bag with our dinner, and a cooler so I couldn't ask to to take something else. Anyway, I defiantely felt things in my inners as I was walking. It was a crampy type feeling. I am home and nothing hurts at the moment so I guess that's good.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I am hoping and praying I did not blow all the good healing I've been doing. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I guess I better take it easy tomorrow to compensate.
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsunsets
Hi Ladies,

I'm a bit concerned that I may have gone a bit too far and need to vent/confide/not sure what the proper term is.

Anyway, I have been feeling good and staying active this week since I plan on going back to work next week. I have been going to the beach every day since Saturday and carrying a light camp chair in a bag and a light straw beach bag with no problem. I usually park right at the entrance and all the walking I have to do is on the sand down to the water.

Tonight, my DH and I decided to go to the free concert that they have on the beach every Wednesday night. We always park in another adjacent parking lot to avoid the traffic when the show is over and walk through a path that connects the two. Hard to explain but let's just simplify it by saying, it may have been too long of a walk carrying the chair and bag even though they were light. My DH was loaded down with his chair, another bag with our dinner, and a cooler so I couldn't ask to to take something else. Anyway, I defiantely felt things in my inners as I was walking. It was a crampy type feeling. I am home and nothing hurts at the moment so I guess that's good.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I am hoping and praying I did not blow all the good healing I've been doing. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I guess I better take it easy tomorrow to compensate.

Dottie~ Try not to worry too much about it and just rest. I wasnt even carrying anything today, just walking through the airport and I feel the same way. I send you happy thoughts and good feelings for tomorrow. As they say, tomorrow is another day. Take care.
~Tonie
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june18
my husband found that a low dose of an iron supplement helped his legs, or calcium might help,, also good for insomnia.

Thanks June for the info...I will try anything...I'll let you know if it helps.
~Tonie
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Still Bleeding/spotting

Hey girls its been awhile since i was last on here but things haven't gotten any better for me. I am 4 weeks post op and I am still having spotting and at times bright red blood. Is anyone else dealing with this. I am scheduled to go back to the dr. tomorrow but I have to reschedule do to I now have Jury Duty tomorrow. It just seems like I should be done spotting/bleeding by now don't you think. Any advice on what I should do or what is still happening is welcomed. thanks girls, hope everyone else is recovery well.
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Not Sleeping

Hi ,
I just wanted to sent this out there to all who can't sleep at night. There is a all natural, homeopathic product that helped me a lot. It is by Boiron for Restless sleep and wakefulness.
Good Luck!
Unread 07-26-2007, 07:50 AM

Thanks Tonie.....

for the words of encouragement. I really needed it. I was freaking out last night.

Well this morning I am resting and things are still "talking to me" inside but not so painful that I need to take anything. I iced my belly before bed last night and will do so again in a little bit.

My DH tried to put my mind at ease this morning by telling me that his hernia surgery (which he had in 1999) still does the same things to him now an again. I think that helped put my mind at ease.
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:45 AM

To Miss Giggles;
what is the product you mentioned by Boiron and where can I get some. I am really interested in it as I have not been able to fall asleep for a long time. Thanks so much
Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register