Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Dottie: I think you should be fine -- just slow down, take it easy -- yesterday was my 5th week out and everyday i feel stronger and normal almost--i can tell when to back off and slow down on daily activities--that dull crampy feeling tells me to--grocery shopping is ok except when the buggy is getting fuller and harder to push--then i know i need to stop and head for home--DH gets the heavier bags out of car for me----it's easy to forget (picking up things) specially when you are feeling good ---can't wait to see urolog. next week for 6 wk. check up to see just how much i can do (weight restrict. & lifting, exercise, etc)
Just listen to your body !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj2007
Hi Rachel28,

Glad you got to go out for a nice walk and are feeling good/happy. I will pray that you have a great report and continue to think positive!

HUGS!!!
Thanks Pj. Saw my Gyn today but results are still not back. I'll have to get them through the post. All those nerves for nothing this morning haha! I hope you managed to get some proper sleep last night and are not too uncomfortable. Take care x
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Going back to work!

Had my 4-week check this week and I'm SO ready to get back to my normal routine. My gyno/surgeon showed me a picture of what they took out of me and the thing that was described to me as a "fruit basket with a grapefruit and a few oranges" looked more like a *******' Thanksgiving turkey! Can't believe that "thing" was growing inside of me that quickly!

She said I was one of the best informed and prepared patients she'd ever had. I totally credit this site and YOU ALL for getting me to that point.

That said, I feel great. Walking 3-4 miles each night, sleeping, no pain, incision healing nicely and working from home this week 30 hours.

Back to work full-time next week (doc gave me a one week early pass) so I'm thrilled about that. Is anyone else just itching to getting back to actually providing some value somewhere?

Off to the Sheryl Crow concert tonight. Looking forward to that being my little outing for the day. God knows I can't shop anymore or I'll break the bank!

Hugs to all -- you have been a wonderful support group for me!
Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
lack of sleep

Hi,
The product I was talking about can be found at the web site Admin. Note: Links to commercial sites not allowed per Hystersisters TOS
I think it says restless sleep and wakefulness on the box.
I usaully get it at our local grocery store, Shaws. But they probably have it at any health food store. It is put out by Boiron.
Good Luck.
Unread 07-26-2007, 04:26 PM

Thanks Rachel28 but no I was up from 1am-8am, tried to sleep and slept from 10:40-1 off/on.

Don't worry still BUT when your dr gets the results she/he can't tell them to you over the phone before you get in the mail?

Keep taking care of yourself.
Unread 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM

It amazes me that some of us are headed back to work, some of us are recovering very quickly... and then there's me....

I'm recovering okay, but not as quick as I thought I would. Went for my follow-up appt today and got approved for an additional 2 wks off... which I am soooo relieved! I am no where near ready to go back to work to 12+ hr days of stressful work. My doc said that if I really need it, he would approve 2 more weeks after the 2 he's already extending me. Thank God!!! Now I don't have to worry about it and I can focus on getting better... rather than worrying about going back to work in a little over a week.

Still on the emotional rollercoaster... unfortunately... getting my hormone level checked to see how my ovaries are doing... not sure if they're working or not.... should know the results of my bloodwork sometime next week.

I hope everyone is doing well today! God bless.
Unread 07-26-2007, 04:46 PM

I am thinking that my lack of sleep is do to the fact that I am bored to death. Not sure could be wrong.

I did go to Sam's club the other day. Walked out of there $400 later and then realized when I got home that I didn't get any of the freezer foods we needed. Sigh! Needless to say ... the cart was overflowing and I was way to tired to do anymore shopping.

I think I have overdone it lately. Its been 4.5 weeks but I am so done with the whole entire resting thing. I am even looking forward to homework next week for college.

Well... I am home alone with the boys today. No sitter until tomorrow so I better go see what my monkeys are up to now!
Unread 07-26-2007, 04:58 PM

I'm with you on the bored thing. I never thought I would say this but I am tired of watching TV and reading and I miss my kids when they go out to play!

I can't believe you lifted all of those bulk groceries, I still haven't even gone to a regular store by myself yet!
Unread 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM

Well its good to see some people recovering quickly, but it feels better to see that there are plenty who like me are doing it the long way.
I wake up every night about 2 or 3 in the morning and am awake for a few hours, I thought it was stress of a relationship breakdown, but maybe it is just 'normal'. I keep trying to stay up later at night, but by 8.30 I am so exhausted and fall asleep.
It seems we all have the 'wee' problem but is anyone else still having trouble with their bowel? ie. constipation?
At 5 weeks I expected it to be a bit more back to normal than it is. I saw my Doc yesterday, he did a poke and prod & then an ultrasound, and wants me back to see him next week. I am a bit upset, it seems he is not totally happy with my healing. Oh well, at least I must not be imagining feeling lousy. Does anyone else get 'pings' in their lower region?
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Laundry

[font=Fixedsys] Is anyone out there pulling the wet clothes out of the washer to put into the dryer? Just the thought of that freaks me out and I haven't done it yet. Am I being a sissy here? My doc still insisted last week that I not carry laundry so I put the clothes in the washer, have my kids put them into the dryer then carry the full baket for me. I'm ok folding them but I do always "feel it" in my abdomen and lower back later and the next day. I don't know if we are past the point of pulling stitches but I'm so afraid of having to start over...I just don't think I could do it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register