Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

janine100,

I get those stabbing feelings down there... I was told that it could actually be one of my stitches poking me! or it could be the nerves healing.... either way it really hurts! I'm one of the ones sharing the "slow" road with you.... I hope you start feeling better soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 05:56 PM

Desiree~
I right there with you baby!! I am no where near going back to work. I have a stressful job as well and have a lot of standing and walking up and down stairs...no way! We all heal differently. I have been stressed about it too. I go to the DR on Monday to ask for more time and I hope she gives it to me. My boss wont like it but she wont like it even more if I go back and then have to leave early or call in leaving her all alone. Atleast if additional time off is approved she can get a temp to cover my spot. But I still feel very quilty and can not wait until monday so I know for sure.
But as for you !! I hope the extra time is enough to make you feel better again.
~Tonie
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:57 PM

I just got back from my doctor, it is 5 weeks, 1 day since my surgery. I'm having a lot of pain on my right lower abdomen, so much so that I still am on pain pills and doing anything more than lying on the couch is very taxing. He did an exam and ultrasound, thinks it is scar tissue causing problems. In addition, he thinks I have a pulled muscle or bruising in my abdomen. He gave me another 2 weeks off and wants me to do some stretching and use the heating pad when I am resting.

I didn't ask him about sex or anything vigorous, I just feel I am not ready for that yet. I'm scared to make the pain worse. He also said when I do go back to work he wants me to do only 3-4 hours a day for a while. I'm grateful that he suggested that and for giving me another 2 weeks off. I hate feeling like such a baby, but I'm not healing as well as I had hoped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 06:15 PM

I have been putting the washing on, then pulling them out & putting them in the dryer, then getting them out & folding them & putting away for a couple of weeks. Maybe thats why I am not healing as quickly as I'd like? I don't really like the dryer - but figure if I hang them on the line everyone will expect me to do it from now on, so I don't want to start something I don't plan to continue. I must say that I've mopped the floor a few times - I have a very messy 3 year old- and I really feel that, very crampy and heavy in the lower ab!
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North49
I can't believe you lifted all of those bulk groceries, I still haven't even gone to a regular store by myself yet!
Nope ... no lifting. Dh and the kids were with me. I had to drive there and meet him which was no easy thing in and of itself. It burned so badly just to drive!!! Then I wandered throught the store pointing and saying "this" "this" "2 of this"... the whole time. Dh said its just like using your mouse point and click then it appears in the cart. I was so tired after it all that I crawled into the passenger seat as dh loaded up the van. He had to remind me to drive home. He then put everything in the freezer away and off to work he went again.
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Could be any of that?? Hope you feel better soon too.
Janine
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janine100
I have been putting the washing on, then pulling them out & putting them in the dryer, then getting them out & folding them & putting away for a couple of weeks. Maybe thats why I am not healing as quickly as I'd like? I don't really like the dryer - but figure if I hang them on the line everyone will expect me to do it from now on, so I don't want to start something I don't plan to continue. I must say that I've mopped the floor a few times - I have a very messy 3 year old- and I really feel that, very crampy and heavy in the lower ab!
I can't believe you are doing laundry!!! Just walking still wears me out considerably. Plus I swell up like a huge balloon. The ice really does help when you are hurting! Bending over still isn't happening and pulling the laundry out of the washer sounds just as awful!!!

I still get twinges of pain as well and my ovary is still asleep then again ... I am the end of the healing scale with this group.
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:32 PM

I'd rather not be doing the laundry....My belly is still very swollen. Yesterday my friend took me to the DR (I am still not driving) we took the little ones to the park and by the time I got home I was shattered. I got the dinner, kids bathed thig done ASAP and then took pain killers & went to bed.
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-moon rose
I can't believe you are doing laundry!!! Just walking still wears me out considerably. Plus I swell up like a huge balloon. The ice really does help when you are hurting! Bending over still isn't happening and pulling the laundry out of the washer sounds just as awful!!!

I still get twinges of pain as well and my ovary is still asleep then again ... I am the end of the healing scale with this group.
I live in Lake Macquarie Australia, it is the coldest winter we've had ever. There will be no ice near me!!!
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchiePoo
Desiree~
I right there with you baby!! I am no where near going back to work. I have a stressful job as well and have a lot of standing and walking up and down stairs...no way! We all heal differently. I have been stressed about it too. I go to the DR on Monday to ask for more time and I hope she gives it to me. My boss wont like it but she wont like it even more if I go back and then have to leave early or call in leaving her all alone. Atleast if additional time off is approved she can get a temp to cover my spot. But I still feel very quilty and can not wait until monday so I know for sure.
But as for you !! I hope the extra time is enough to make you feel better again.
~Tonie
I so know how you feel... I feel quite guilty myself, but my doc reassured me today that it's better to take the time off now and heal right, rather than end up out of work because I mess things up while healing.... I am sooo relieved that he gave me more time... I was so worried about it this morning, that I my stomach was sick. Best of luck at your appt. Monday! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it'll go well for you!

My doc kinda "lectured" me about not taking my meds... he gave me more and told me to take it more regularly and it will help me heal quicker... sigh... I've been rationing them... don't really like taking them.... sorry started rambling again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register