Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Funny thing about that ice cream........it seems to be the only cure for me lately too. And I was overweight to begin with so I am trying hard here to do the right thing and eat healthy. Yesterday I even made a special trip out to get a fat free cup of soft vanilla and chocolate swirl. Of course I had them top it with chocolate sauce and strawberries so there went the fat free.

As for brain drain, I am already on HRT's and still have it. Do you think it is hormones or could it be the anesthia still in our systems since we are only six weeks out?

Also, has anyone passed a stitch yet? What did it feel like and what did it look like. I think it may have happened last night but I am not sure.

Going back to work has not been too bad but I definately am coming home tired. Since starting HRT I found that I was getting a false sense of energy. I couldn't really nap but if you looked at me, you would know I was tired by the bags under my eyes.

Now, there is no doubt about it.............I'm tired.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 08:56 PM

I have had a blissful recovery. Drove, shopped, stairs, etc. within a week. No drugs except a few Tylenol here and there--usually just as insurance after a long walk. I'm back at work (a job I love) and it's amazing that when your brain HAS to be back in action, things seems to kick in. But I wasn't expecting that at all.

Many of my friends and beloved confidantes have been through this and NONE of them had easy recoveries. Many of their stories are similar to what many of you on the board are going through so I have been VERY surprised at how seemingly easy this was for me. Can't explain it.

Yes, I had sleepy days and surgery in and of itself was a scary experience for this hospital novice.

But overall, I thank God that I've been ahead of schedule in the healing process. But I KNOW that I am extremely lucky and maybe an "oddity" in the scheme of things.

All that said, be good to yourself and to others--no matter what the rate of recovery. I think we should "pamper the princess" for life, quite frankly! We all, in our own ways and for a variety of reasons, are worth every bit of it.

Know that I will continue to prowl the boards and send healthy, healing vibes to those who need it most. Thankfully, I have a few extra to spare and would rather spend them on YOU (my new friends!) than anyone else.

Peace,
Cat
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Me Too

Hi Ladies,
I had my 6week check today. No internal exam which surprised me. When I read the posts yesterday about the nausea and fatigue I thought I was lucky because I hadn't experienced that YET. Today was a whole different story. I had several appointments today and by the time I got home I said to my dh I think I'm going to be sick. But it passed.
This site has been for me a HUGE blessing. Every one heals in different ways, just because its the 6 week mark dosen't mean a magic wand is waved and we are all better now. We are better than we were, not as great as we are going to be.

Special shout to my pal Desiree- You are awesome, you are doing just great. Take your time and do what your DR says.

s to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM
6 weeks

we are all different women with different bodies and different lives, with different surgeries. we need to allow for that. as for me.. i had my 6 week check today, i still have my cevix so she just looked on the outside, and talked to me. i was given to go ahead with my life. so went home and had sex, whhheww . it went well. i am so out of shape, and that felt like exercise. she said just take things like exercise slowly, like do yoga, but only for 15 min, not one hour, my biggest problem is that i have a sinus infection, and my tooth and cheek are KILLING me, i will take advice for that, as for sleep the "calms forte" is helping. i have really appreciated the sharing from all of you on this site, thank you
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:21 PM

I had my surgery done laparoscopic and though it was supposed to be easier, and I am sure it was, there was still pain. Still brain drain, still nausea, still tiredness, still dizziness, still depression, still sadness. (different from depression)
I had my 6 week yesterday. I did have a gentle internal, and palpating of my abdomen, and I do not return to work until 8-15, as a cashier at a big grocery, he is not ready for me to be lifting heavy items.
In fact, he only permitted me to drive last week.
I took ibruprophen 600mg mostly for pain. The hardcore stuff just does not work for me.
But here is the kicker. While every one that had tav is allowed to start having relations(most, not all)I am not. FOR THREE MONTHS!! I was in shock, and not sure why, but something about dead tissue....I think I am still in shock, and just wanted to vent...
p.s. I also wanted to say, I remember when my mom had her hyst, I think she has in the hospital for ten days, so
take it easy all you sisters who are still recuperating...
J
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:54 AM

Hi Ladies,

I slept sooooo great on Climara (generic), but switched to Vivelle Dot .5 b/c of the skin irritation and now can't fall asleep. GRRRRR!

I had been down to virtually no estrogen on my endo meds so the patches have been a treat... but the lack of sleep really stinks.

I'm tired and I lie down, but it's taking me 60-90 minutes to fall asleep and I don't feel rested.

I know everyone is different.. so just felt like venting. Following up with the doc soon... everything else going well.

Jayneway
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:10 AM

Dear All,

I'm so sorry to hear that so many of you are having so many problems! I think I told you last week that I decided to return to work this Monday (even though I haven't been released by my doctor). I'm on day 3 at work (but only working from 9:00 - 2:00), and I am SO happy I did! Being at home and being able to do so little around the house made me extremely depressed. I think that contributed to the fatigue and general "bleh" feelings I was having. Being back at work makes me feel "worthy" (isn't that sad?), not to mention the fact that it is so nice to interact with adults rather than my 21 year old and 16 year old! While I did overdo it on Monday (stayed until 3:30), and was wiped out when I got home, I get more energy every day. Not that I'm encouraging everyone to get back to work immediately (especially if your doctor says "no way"), but I know it's helped my state of mind.

As to the brain drain. Yes, I was feeling that way after surgery and while I was at home not really "using" my brain. I also suffered from a lot of memory problems the past year (which were really bothersome both at work and at home). Now that the surgery is over, I'm actually MORE alert than I was before, and I'm remembering things that happened on files 6 weeks ago (prior to surgery, that NEVER would have happened without the bosses giving me memory triggers). I can't explain it, but I surely wish I could pass it on to all of you who feel that fuzzy/not quite here feeling. Believe me, I know exactly what you're talking about. Thank heaven, at least for now (knock wood), it's over! I go for my 6 week check up Friday, and hopefully the doc will clear me for all activities. I've got such great bosses, they said "even if the doctor clears you, you just take care of yourself, and when you've had enough, go home". Could I ask for better??

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Tonie, I had a boss like yours several years ago (stayed with him for 8 years). Any time I had an illness it was always an "inconvenience' for him. I was admitted to the hospital with chest pains, and they ended up keeping me two days. He called me in the hospital to ask when I was coming back, because we had a closing pending!!

Take care, everyone. Remember - this too shall pass!!
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:20 AM

Hi, all!
today I made my first ballet grand pliés! I felt my legs blocked, and this helps me re-use my muscles. i can also squat in my garden tending flowers.
I have none of yours other problems, since I'm single and retired!
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:21 AM

Ditto on everyone's posts about we all heal at different rates. Each body is unique, and just because one body heals very quickly doesn't mean another's body will do the same. Also, ditto on the fact that we didn't all have the same "procedure". Some were more complex than others. I'm just glad we've all had this forum to share and relate what we've been through (it has been a true blessing to me to know that I wasn't alone in my recovery). I honestly thought this surgery would be a slam dunk, and I'd be up and running in a week. Boy was I mistaken! I am nowhere near 100% yet, and I feel for all of you who are still dealing with severe pain, fatigue and brain drain (I still have pain/cramping, but not badly enough to keep me home, and I definitely feel the fatigue around 4:00). My doctor told me at the outset "do not judge your recovery by someone else's. Everyone's body is different, and heals in its own time. You've only got one body, so listen to it, and quit when it tells you its had enough." Smart man.

So, remember my doctor's sage advise, and take it one day (or one hour) at a time!

Hugs to all,
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:23 AM

Good morning ladies~
Seems everyone has been busy writing since I was here lastnight. I must say first that I wanted to cry when I read toomanynames' comment (probably just the hormones). I cant believe another woman could be so harsh, other than my boss who I know did not have surgerey...lol :smilie5: .

I for one have NEVER "pampered the princess"...NEVER!!! I like to be the one to do the pampering for my family and friends and do not have time to pamper myself...which is starting to sound weird "pamper myself?...diaper, nighttime pee issues...WARNING...lack of sleep rambler here..."

Anyway...I for one love ALL of you and your daily updates. I do not know what I would do without them. And I am glad that we dont all heal the same because then I would feel lost and alone here in the land of Hyster!
lots of love and best wishes to EVERYONE!!
Have a fabulous day!!
~Tonie:hidekey:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register