Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Hello again...I was just checking my e mail and someone sent me this quote. I found it appropriate for today and wanted to share it with all of you.
Bye for now
~Tonie

"The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances."

—Martha Washington
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 12:05 PM

"The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances."

An excellent quote! I'm putting it on my bulletin board at work AND going to make a sign at home!

Thank you, Tonie!
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I went back to work today!

I made an appearance at work today. I am happy about that.

Yesterday I felt panic about trying to go back to work because they require us to visit the "Occupational Health" office first. So that would have meant driving an hour during rush hour, finding parking in a different part of the city, finding the office, meet with the nurse, THEN go to my office to report for work.

UGH!

Plus is has been about 100 degrees here and 100% humidity.

So I made a deal to go into the Occup Health office yesterday afternoon. My doctors note says "May need to work half days for first 1-2 weeks".

Then I called my boss, who was very supportive and I made a deal to arrive in the office today by 9:30.

When I got there he had made arrangements for me to be trained in another dept handling customer service calls.
That way, I could work from home on Thurs and Friday.
Yay! This is easier work than I am used to and I can stay at home and do it in my pj's.

I am so relieved. My boss told me to just take my time and do what I can and don't worry about it.

Also while I was gone, there was some big push to "Go Green" so ther is talk of more people working from home one day a week.
Good!!

Everything is OK- just swelly belly, headache and tired.
No big deal.
WHEW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:50 PM

pepperoni YEA YOU.
I am so glad that your employer is so accomadating. You will be great at customer service. Plus the relief of not having to make that drive every day.
Good for you.
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:29 PM
6 wks mark-yea!

Hi ladies: Today was my 6 wk mark --saw the doc (urolog) and said all is well--removed a few stitches from the hysterec. (yeouch!) --wasn't too bad--just a little more painful than having a pap exam -- told me still to take it easy--no lifting more than 15-20 lbs till i'm 12 wks out--and don't plan on doing ALL my normal things till 6 mo. out--got the ok for light exercise like walking, treadmill, precor or elliptical,swimming ,wt lifting only with arms while laying down--continue stool softners/fiber--no straining whatsoever for bm's--bladder was lifted with sutures to hold it so must take it easy still---at this point, i will do anything he says--and as long as i can drive, shop, get out of the house, then normalcy is getting closer every day!
I feel really good -- hate to hear so many are still with problems -- but that's what this site is for--support and concern for others--feel like i know so many of you!
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:46 PM

Lydia.....Congrats on a good check up and thanks for the heads up on what to expect.

My exam is tomorrow and I never considered the fact that stiches may be removed. I assumed they would all just be allowed to disolve on there own. OH BOY! Better gear up for that one. While I am there I am planning on asking for an alternative to the premarin I have been on. I printed out the side effects sheet and I am experianceing 7 out of the 11 possible side effects. Not real good odds.

Had a real beaut of a brain fart today. I was scheduled for an ultrasound of my thyroid at the hospital tonight. I left work early, drove to the hospital, got all the way up the escalator and THEN realized the perscription was sitting home on my desk.

Today was my first day of doing both my part time jobs. One from 9-1 and the other from 1-5. I did well. I am a bit tired but not as bad as I thought.

Happy healing to all.
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:11 AM

Dottie~~A note about your check up appt.- when i saw my gyn at 2 wks post op she said to continue the premarin cream (which the urologist had put me on 6 mo. before surg. to help firm weakened tissues from natural menopause ) and apply small amt with fingertip only for 2 wks then 2 x-wk from then on---

Then when i saw my urolog. yesterday, he said not to use Premarin till i see him in 4 mo.---that nothing should go in vg till then.
And the stitches he removed (yeeeouchhhh) were some from hyster. that did not dissolve and not healed yet (sealed them with silver nitrate) and said that may have been from the Premarin cream--said it's mostly for lubrication. --- the only side affect for me was itching in labial area (which is where i was applying it)--thought it was another yeast infect. but he said no yeast inf.--and a little more hair loss than usual (and i have very thick hair) when i shampoo--but thought that was still from effects of anesthesia (heard that it takes 1 month for every hour you're under for anes. to get out of your system completely!

Hope all goes well with your appt.--not really that painful--i just keep talking/blabbering while he's "in there" and it helps !!
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:25 AM

Good morning all~
After reading Dottie's post last night...Thanks Dottie!!...I decided to look into side effects of premarin and OMG!!! Scary ...Ladies, let me tell you, IF you are taking these pills please check out the side effects. All of these symptoms that we have been complaining about...ie, memory "fog", restless leg, nausea, headaches, insomnia, etc are side effects. I have even had high blood pressure the 3 times I have gone in for post op appointments and the nurse says it is because of pain. I have never had high blood pressure in my life...and that is a side effect too. I am not saying that the premarin is causing it of course but it is well worth looking into. Better to be safe than sorry.
Have a great day!!
~Tonie
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:27 AM

Dottie~~I proof read what i just sent you--let me clarify: used Premarin DAILY for 2 wks then only twice a week----and since urolog. said to stop using it till i see him in 4 mo. i hope things don't dry up too much! He said the cream was not letting things heal & vg needed more "air" !
And my hair (ON MY HEAD! ha!) is thick and when combing it out while shampooing i usually have a few strands that come out in the comb--but noticed lots more after surgery--so i don't shampoo as often and will wait till things calm down more--good luck!
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:58 AM

WitchiePoo (Tonie)~~ I was using Premarin CREAM -- no pills (used to take Prempro pills when first went thru menopause & was on them for 8 years till the warning came out that they may cause breast cancer/heart probs--so my previous gyn back then said to stop and since i was basically thru menop. i didn't need anything--then after later annual check ups he prescribed the Premarin CREAM mainly for lubrication -- i used it off and on but not for long -- didn't think i needed it--intimacy is lots less at our age now--ha!
And so altho Premarin is an estrogen, used to reduce menopause symptoms like dryness, it does have many warnings! and LOTS of side effects! Not supposed to have grapefruit with it--must inform your dentist, lab personell, tell any emergency care pers., before any surgery--I'm not sure i want to get back on it--since my only prob. with menopause is a little dryness--i can deal with that.
Here's some of side effects i'm reading off the prescript.:
dizziness, vaginal burning-irritation-itching-odor, nausea, bloating,wt changes,increased/decreased interest in sex, hair loss, memory loss/confusion,vision changes(w/contact lens),irreg.heart beat, breast lumps, swelling, shortness of breath, and on and on !
So far i've only had the itching, hair & memory loss ! But those are improving!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register