Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 08-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

News from my exam:

My gyno/surgeon gave me browine points for how well my incision has healed. She was concerned about it because I have a belly that hangs over but my DH was diligent about cleaning the area every night with hydrogen peroxide and we kept a piece of gauze in there too. She said if my internals stuff heals as well as my external stuff does, I'm home free.

She did do an internal exam and it did not hurt at all!!! Everything looks fine and I have the go ahead to return to all normal activities.

She did warn me that it takes 6 months to heal completely so listen to my body and if I do something that makes me hurt, use common sense and stop doing it.

As for the Premarin concerns ............ okay ladies, sit down for this one...............I am currently taking .625 per day. I whipped out my little sheet with the highlighted side effects. She dismissed everyone of them. The hair loss she said is because of my thyroid having those suspious nodules on it. (Still working on getting that ironed out) The swollen feet and pain in my legs she blamed on my new meds for my Higher than ever BP. (All of which I might add I had to start post surgery) Same with the increased heart rate. The loss of memory she blamed on not enough HRT's. So what's the solution? She wants me to DOUBLE my dose of Premarin for the next week and call her to let her know what happens with the side effects. ALRIGHTY THEN. Not what I was expecting.

If I have no further problems with the meds, she has closed my file and will see me in a year!! So, off I go to start my new and improved life.

I am going to start by having a girls night out tonight. We are going to a resturaunt on the beach to hear one our other girlfriends trio play. .

My DH is too tired to do anything but relax in the AC this evening because he works in the heat all day. I told him to rest up tonight and save his energy because tomorrow I am coming home from work with a bottle of champagne and it's our night to celeberate!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 04:32 PM

highlandsunsets,
So glad to hear your appointment went well and that you finally got some GOOD news!!! I hope your recovery keeps progressing well.

Enjoy your evening tomorrow with you dh and the tonight
Unread 08-02-2007, 04:45 PM

I wish I could go to the beach with you Dottie! It is depressing weather here and is supposed to rain for the next 3 days.

I had my 6 week check up yesterday and my doc also said that I am healing fine. However, my internal exam hurt! She used the dreaded speculum then did another exam by hand. She felt a loose stitch and kept trying to pull it out but it kept slipping out of her grasp and she finally stopped when I almost crawled off the table. She is usually very tender while doing these exams! She looked at my last blood tests and said that my iron levels are almost non-existent. I was taking 2 iron supplements a day until I had surgery then I stopped because she didn't want me to get constipated. As of today I'm back on 2 a day, with lots of Vitamin C, and will hope to get my levels back up. She said that is probably why I run out of energy so fast. She also took blood to check my thyroid levels and a few other things I can't remember. I will see her again in 2 months for another blood test.

I am clear to resume normal activities as long as I feel no pain but the funny thing she said was that I can't vacuum until I can have sex in the missionary position without pain! What a way to gauge my pain level!

The gal who took my blood had a hysterectomy and told me that her sex life imporoved a great deal and she has tons of energy. I never tire of hearing that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 05:28 PM

HI GIRLS: My 6 wk. check-up was Monday, I am late posting, of course; dr. did an internal exam with speculum & palpated my abdomen & it wasn't particularly uncomfortable, altho it sounded like it was going to be! He was really careful, pleased with the healing, gave me the same instructions as nifty50's, basically, and said I could ease into vacuuming & other housework. Also said absolutely no to sex for at least another 6 wks (because of the EXTENSIVE repairs + the scar tissue that keeps everything in place isn't completely formed until then)...but he didn't think I needed the premarin cream...he had suggested it as a possibility earlier, but then said everything looks good & I don't need it now. I am really glad to hear about all the side effects; I stopped taking Prempro about 9 years ago (after only a year on it) because I was freaked out by the side effects, this was before the study came out...one of my girlfriends developed a grapefruit-sized tumor while taking it & is now battle throat & thyroid cancer.
In addition to the iron, taking a good balanced B vitamin complex (with all the B vitamins) helps with the anemia etc. from too little iron plus it is not constipating.
I see my urologist tomorrow; then I am done seeing them all until Oct. YAY! Plus I am feeling more & more like my old regular self everyday, so it is harder & harder to remember the lifting etc. restrictions! Hang in there, you all -- it just takes time.
marva (tvh + vaginal vault prolapse repair + bladder sling etc., 62)
Unread 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM

Hi ladies~
I am so happy that your doing great. I too had good news... had my ultrasound today..was supposed to be a CT scan but was cancelled at the last minute. The lady doing the ultra sound was very confused on why I needed one. She said all she could see was my huge bladder...I drank way too much and was in a lot of pain. She said there was a "whole lotta nothin' in there". So I guess that is good. But need to wait for the DR's final say so on the matter. She did a pelvic ultrasound and said my cervix was "pretty", which made me happy, but now as I write it, sounds weird... I didnt have any pain today during the exam, but on Monday, my pelvic by the DR was very painful, which was why she was concerned I had a blood clot...To make a long story short...I think I am ok too!! YEAH for us!!
Take care
~Tonie
Unread 08-02-2007, 05:35 PM

It makes me feel good to hear that some of us getting better! It's good to hear some good news.
Unread 08-02-2007, 05:43 PM

Witchiepoo: sounds like that ultrasound lady was flirtin' with ya! lol

Dolphin1173: just wait; you will start feeling better soon, too. The best thing I heard from my dr. & the nurse was that everybody has a different experience with this surgery & everybody heals and comes back at a different rate of speed.
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:00 PM

woo hoo!
I am glad to hear good news from everyone. And it's a good reminder that we all heal at our own pace.

Today I worked about 7 hours from home. It was good! Actually I did enjoy doing customer service. I found I was very patient, cuz after all, what else do I have to do except help this person?
My co-workers are so happy to unload some onto me.

I also ran errands and exercised. Every day I am doing a little more on the exercise- lots of stomach crunches and long gentle stretching. It is starting to feel like I am coming out of the tunnel.

I asked DH how long my surgery took. He said 2.5 - 3 hours. So I'm still clearing the general anesthsia from my system, huh.

Wow I am soooo tired tonight.
All that premarin talk makes me nervous. I am taking .0625 Enjuvia pills every day
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:05 PM

Pepperoni: way to go with the work thing; can't believe you can do crunches!!! I am sooo very jealous!!! I have been way to nervous to try, now maybe I will. The drs. said my surgery was 3 1/2 - 4 hours, so if the anesthesia really takes that long to go away, I have quite a way to go to get it out of my system, too...
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Yikes, my surgery was 4 1/2 hours long - I'm going to be stupid until Christmas!

My doc reminded me that no matter what surgery you have whether it be on your knee or insides, it can take up to 3 months for your body to catch back up. Of course we will all feel better WAY before then!

Does anyone do Yoga? I've never done it before but always have wanted to. Once school starts I'm going to take some "me" time and try it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register