Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Tonie,
Thanks! I was a single mom for many years and I know how hard it can be. It sounds like you have gotten your positive outlook going again! I hope you and your DD have a great reunion... she's been gone quite a while. Wishing you happy days and many great moments with your dd. Thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts... sending s your way as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 05:31 PM

Hugs and prayers to all today. Wow, sounds like it was a tough one and I missed a lot while I was at work. May you all have a good weekend.
Unread 08-03-2007, 07:38 PM

Oh Tonie, so sorry about those sad feelings.
I is true you cannot go back and make anything different, but it doesn't mean you are all washed up, either.

I raised my DD alone so I know how it feels to yearn for family.
When she was a senior in HS, I met my current Dear Husband. I was 46 and I fell head over heels in love with him and we were married the next year.
He has 2 kids and I love them, too, now.

I'm not saying every single thing was perfect and easy, but I did get to fall in love and marry a wonderful man. All of us get along and we are a family now. We have been together for 4 years now. He has been so wonderful to me while I am recovering.

I think you take your licks and do the best you can to learn & grow from whatever happens. Somehow, all the hardships make you over into a better version of yourself.

There are always new ways for dreams to come true.
Hang in there sweetie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 12:08 AM

Pepperoni, Marva, theladysdrkside, nifty50s, Nipper12 and Desiree~
Thank you for your words of encouragement. It means more to me than you will ever know!!! I have printed it all so that I can look at it during my trip to pick up DD (in case I continue with the breakdown through the weekend)

And Pepperoni~ I wrote down what you said on my mirror with eye liner...There are always new ways for dreams to come true. That will be my daily inspiration. I wish I was with you so I could give you a big I hope my story has a happy ending like yours.
Thanks again to everyone!!
~Tonie
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:33 AM
hello

to tonie, i feel for you also,, we have lost some part of ourselves, and it has different meaning to each of us, depending on our own life situations. we have to give ourselves permission to be in our feelings, and grieve, it is a loss. i am a believer that the universe does care for us, and there is a higher power that protects and loves us. and. my mother had breast cancer also, but now she is 89 years old, and still going, you never know... and... i had sex, and it didn't hurt, 3 times, my poor legs and muscles were sore form the flexing, it is exercise( especially when i haven't done anything except walk for 6 weeks). that;s all folks, again thank yu all for sharing
Unread 08-04-2007, 03:39 AM

Hi Tonie,
Single is HARD, I have been there, & my current partner & I have nothing in common apart from a business together(swim school).
We are currently working out our assets to separate with the smallest fuss(never works out like that?) I am going through a very difficult time and understand you..... Keep your chin up!!!!!!!!!! you are a beautiful person!!!!
Unread 08-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Good morning all~
Thank you June and Janine!
Janine, I am sorry you are going through some hard times too. I am so glad we all have eachother ...I dont know what I would do without you guys!!
I did ok last night...not much crying. I did decide to stop taking my premarin though. I have a lot of the side effects. I am going to look into "natural" things. I hate taking all of these pills. Has anyone looked into this yet? And if so, please share what you have found. Or if anyone has heard of a HRT that doesnt have so many side effects and is safer, please do tell.
I am off today to pick up DD ...I have a 4hr drive today, 5 hr tomorrow and then 4 again on Monday...ALONE!! But I should be fine. If I cant write from where I am staying, I will be back again Monday.

Everyone have a Fabulous weekend...
I only want to read happy thoughts when I return
Take care
~Tonie
Unread 08-04-2007, 10:14 AM

Oh Janine, when it rains, it pours! I am so sorry you have to go through separation now, on top of your hysterectomy. I know it is hard.
You sound pretty grounded.

WitchiPoo- Have a safe trip and enjoy the reunion with DD! I am glad I could cheer you up a little!

Marva I just love reading your posts.
Same for all of you. Every one of you has helped me more than you will ever know.

I did NO research on this before the surgery. I was too scared. DH looked on the internet and he knew more about hysterectomies than I did.

It was only after the surgery that I had the nerve to dive in. So I am truly grateful that I found all you ladies going through this the same time as me.
I am impressed with all of us- how we have handled such a massive bump in the road of life.

On a happy note, I finally crossed the final frontier (yep, had sex!!)
It was so much better!!! I realize those fibroids were hurting me. I had never admitted to DH that sex was painful. Today he told me knew.

I was so happy that I didn'y have that stuff in there any more. My uterus had become a bad neighbor. My neighborhood association voted the uterous OUT!
Peace has returned to the neighborhood!

I just feel so SURE now that all the suffering over the last six weeks was worth it!
Unread 08-04-2007, 10:48 AM

Good morning everyone,

My goodness it sure is a good thing we all found such wonderful support on this website. It so nice to see that there are people out there who will take the time to care and encourage someone they don't even know. With all of the bad that happens in this world, we need people like us!

Now to bring up a sour note...when do we get kicked off of this website? Is it 8 weeks? Is there someplace we can all go after that to keep in touch? It seems sad to just drop off now and not see that everyone is doing ok for the next 6 weeks. Besides, the questions can't stop already can they? I feel like I have more!

My thoughts go out to all of you who are single mom's or are going through a break up. I was there once and I will say it was the hardest time of my life. Going through all of that made me a better person and I like who I am today and I proved that I can make it on my own. It can and will get better though so hang in there and please talk to people who care and ignore those who don't.

I finally braved sex last night and although it was a little uncomfortable, it wasn't bad. I'm hoping the 2nd time will be better and hopefully I can relax. I too am looking forward to doing that and not grimacing or waiting for something to hurt. My doc was very specific on what we can and cannot do because she doesn't want "anything" touching the incision on my bladder. All of these rules to remember when I'm supposed to relax and not think!
Unread 08-04-2007, 02:29 PM

Hi ladies!

Been a while since I posted but I've read all the posts. Yesterday was my 4th day driving over the last 2 weeks (short trips - mainly to dr offices). Still not getting any sleep -- sleep 2 hrs up every hr. after and at 4:30-5 decide to just get up and quit trying. Trying ambien but didn't help either. Have another prescrip for time-released ambien and will see if that helps.

Janine: Sorry to hear about the breakup. You'll probably be upset for a little bit but things will get better!!! It makes you better -- I've been through myself when I was younger.

Tonie: Drive safely and I'm sure once you're reunited with your DD you'll feel much much better. You did great to last 6 wks. without her presence and all.

Desiree: Will pray for your mother that has breast cancer and you just need to keep upbeat like your mother -- she'll be alright just like you.

Had my 6wk yesterday -- says I can exercise on elipitical no more than 15 min., no leg weights, only 3-5 lbs. arm weights and if I do that by Sept. 1 I should be able to do walks, etc. without feeling like I'm faint and getting pain pangs. My DD prefers that I just go to stores or something and do walking instead of ellipitical.

Said cuff was looking good but didn't give me any info on detailed stuff. Said some of the pains I have like when go to rr are from the bladder and it will get better eventually.

Told me swelling may not go down for another 3-6mos. and go buy more clothes cause I won't be able to get into any of my suits for work by Sept.

Originally stressed definately going back 6wks to work but at exam kept going on about how I really had bad reaction to tape and my skin is very sensitive, etc. and that if anything touches it it's going to hurt me -- I also still had a small opening on the incision that has not healed and asked about it and she put med on it.

Says can have sex now and told DH all info but he wants to wait till 90 days up (Cancer Dr had told me that stithces in cuff would be gone in 90 days). He doesn't want to mess anything up and unlike y'all I'm not as brave. If he's willing to wait till the 90 days are up and stitches gone fine by me!

I do log onto work each week to check email and keep abreast of what's going on and answer ?'s. Really more than that just don't let them know. If there was work I could do from home till Sept. I would but I support 2 executives and they'd really need someone in office. We also have events coming up with excessive standing, walking and stairs and dr. said no for now that would be too much.

Guess I'm rambling cause still confused kinda on what dr. does/does not want me to do and she wasn't very detailed and I only got those answers because I had to ask. She was definitely more concerned over the fact that I had really bad reaction to the steri-strips and it went everywhere.

Everyone keep safe and let's all just keep progressing. End of next week I'll try stairs (know most of you have probably been doing stairs) I have 15 stairs to get down to washer/dryer and car so I've been going out front door and walking to garage/basement instead of doing stairs. I just don't want to mess anything up.

Guess I shouldn't wait so long to post cause looks like I wrote a book! Hugs to everyone and I too would like for us to be able to keep up on one another after the 8 wks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register