Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 73 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 08-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Nipper12, I didn't start taking them again... and the bowel cramps are slowly subsiding... guess they just gotta get used to doing it all on their own again (I hope that's all it is)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 03:34 PM

Hello Sistas!

Well, I went for my 6 week checkup today (nevermind that it's past the 6 week mark). Despite the fact that his nurse, at my two week checkup, told me that he would do an internal exam this time, he didn't! I guess I should have asked "why not", but who am I to argue? My back went out this weekend, and I was in a lot of pain this morning. Told the nurse, so maybe that's why? Anyway, he said I can do anything but bunjee jump (he's such a card!), just to take it easy. I go back in December for my annual.

I guess I should be happy? After everyone else's posts, I just feel like maybe he should have checked me? I'm such a wimp, though, I won't argue with a doctor, especially if he doesn't want to do an internal exam!

Seems like there was one or two of you who also didn't have an exam at 6 weeks? I'm just curious.

Now, if I can just get my back straight (a recurring ailment, I'm afraid), I'll be good to go! Ok, I do still get fatigued in the afternoons, and I'm going to try full time work now (we'll see how it goes). But, according to the doc, I should be back to my old self in no time! Right....

And, to those who've mentioned it (I'm sorry, so many posts, I can't keep up!), I am also suffering from some "gastric distress". Funny thing is, I never had a problem with gas after surgery (I heard the horror stories that some of you went through), and then BAM it started last weekend! What's up with that?? I suppose I should have asked the doctor today, but my back hurt so badly, I couldn't think of anything except "how am I going to get my feet in the stirrups with my back like it is?"

Anywho, glad we are doing better, even if it's a slow and steady getting better. Talk to everyone soon!
Unread 08-06-2007, 04:23 PM

dolphin1173-Glad to hear that things are starting to subside. You are probably right - it seems that the ovaries/bowels just take their own sweet time.

TheLadysDrkside - really can't tell ya whats up with the gastric stuff other than the majority of us are going through the same thing.

Happy recovery ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipper12
Yep, you all are definitely not alone! We all have our little comfort items that just seem to make the world a little better. LOL

Yes, Desiree- totally know what you mean about the bowel cramps!What is up with that! I started taking them again and am just going to keep taking them for a while longer. No, your not asking for too much, you want to feel good, we all do, just give it some time and your energy will come back. It is up and down for me. Especially now that I'm working again. When I was home and sleeping, resting, the weight was just falling off, but now that I'm active and possibly pushing a bit too much I'm swollen, and have gained weight. I eat well so I'm hoping it is just fluid! Hope you feel better.

Ok this may sound silly but how do you know when your ovaries have kicked back in?
Nipper12 thank you for your post - I thought I was insane after having a TVH about having swelly belly - but I do - and after my first week back (last week) I was totally exhausted and gained 4 pounds! I also hurt more now than I have in the last three weeks - sharp stabbing pains on the left side and a dull pelvic ache that just won't go away - it's so frustrating
Unread 08-06-2007, 09:27 PM

You are so very welcome, I'm right there with you! I'm starting to think that our bodies are retaining because of stress of doing too much. I wish I could say that I am pain free but facts are in the last week it's been anything from a dull ache to sharp pains. Unfortunately tonight I really did a stupid thing and lifted something a bit to heavy and am really paying for it! I swear my stomach is a mutated puffer fish, it just poofs whenever it's not happy from my ribs on down! Good thing they make stretchy yoga pants! LOL

I'm going to go plop myself down and try to rest before I really do some damage.

Have a great night and I hope your pain/swelling is over soon!
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:25 AM

Is anyone else still waiting for results-it's 7 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't heard! Also it seems my ascites is coming back (side effect of my borderline peritoneal tumour) I was hoping the hyster would slow it down a bit. It's so frustrating because after week 5/6 I was really starting to feel well! Sorry to be a moaning minnie, hope everyone else is doing well
Unread 08-07-2007, 04:58 AM

Cheryl,

My birthday was yesterday. Turned 48. I went to update my signature and realized I had started myself off as that age.

In any case, my fellow Leo!
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:15 AM

:clap1: Highlandsunsets & Scrubsfan,

Happy Belated Birthday!

Unread 08-07-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadysDrkside
I'm here! I'm here!!

Now if I can just find it after our other site is gone!

Sometimes I get an email showing new posts have been made and I can get to our sites by that BUT to be on the safe side I just add the site (once I'm in it) to my favorites, then go to it from there.

Going back to other site to post till we're kicked off.
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:20 AM
7 weeks

Hello again, friends!

Nipper--loved the puffer fish reference!

Rachel--Remember, you are NOT alone. I, too, read others' posts and think, "Why can't I be feeling that good?" and then I have to take a step back and realize that this is MY body and it will heal at its own pace.

I think we owe it to ourselves to de-stress as much as possible--and that means to not worry about our progress if we compare it to that of our sisters. Easier said than done, right?

I still have some lingering pain/concerns that bother me, too. But I am trying to respect the fact that the body I've been in for 48 years is healing the best it can, and sometimes not worrying about it can help that healing. Part of de-stressing is using this forum to voice your concerns to those who can relate (your Hyster Sisters!).

I also think that at this 7-week point, we're all pretty much thinking, "I should be feeling GREAT by now. Why aren't I?" It's not like we'll ever be able to compare this hysterectomy to the next one we'll have, right? ("I remember feeling like this during my LAST hysterectomy!" NOT!)

As an aside, I went to see my acupuncturist yesterday. It hadn't even occurred to me until last weekend that my body has been through the ringer and that perhaps things needed to be rebalanced. I have to say that my legs felt much lighter, and I actually laughed and smiled quite easily after my treatment. Still very tired this morning, though. As much as I'd like a massage right now, there is NO WAY I'm going to be lying face down on a table for 30 minutes--not on my belly. Acupuncture was a good idea.

Ladies, hoping you're all doing okay out there in Sisterland.

Ann
Age 48
TAH/BSO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register