Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

HI Everyone~
Well, I am home with my DD, who is sitting next to me and says hi...she is 9. The last few days were a lot harder on me than I thought they would be. I guess that is why we are not supposed to drive. I am happy to be home but am totally exhausted. And to top it off, I woke up with a weird pain in my incison area. Almost feels like that stabbing pain again. It comes and goes. So I guess I will take it easy today. Also, I did stop my premarin about 6 days ago and I have to say that I have been able to sleep better and the restless leg symptoms are almost completely gone :clap1: . I havent had any hot flashes or night sweats yet, but I am sure they will come soon enough. I will tell the DR next week that I stopped taking them. The only really negative change that I have noticed is that I have no tolerance for my DB (dear boyfriend). Everything he says and does feels like it brakes my heart, and he really is not being any different then his usual idiot self... :bigwink:
Take care and have a fabulous day!
~Tonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

HI All~
I am here too!! I didnt realize we were going here already. I have been posting on the other thread and I was wondering where everyone went. Now I know...YEAH
~Tonie
Unread 08-08-2007, 02:13 AM

Well went to dr. on Monday and I thought thisg were going to be good. But I have been having some pain when i sit or lay down and try to get up. So he checked me and said I was full on my ovaries so I have an vaginal u/s scheduled for this thurday. When is all this going to just stop. Is anyone else going through this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsunsets
Cheryl,

My birthday was yesterday. Turned 48. I went to update my signature and realized I had started myself off as that age.

In any case, my fellow Leo!
And Happy Birthday to you, too, Dottie! Thanks to everyone who sent their birthday wishes to me. Much appreciated!

Most of the time, hitting another birthday would have me depressed and feeling blue. Oddly enough, with getting thru my hyster recovery and feeling surprisingly good, adding another year hasn't been all that bad. I'm fitting into all my old clothes BETTER than I did before the surgery as I've actually lost weight even despite the swelling. I'm moving around without any problems, have been doing daily cardio workouts, and even started resuming ab workouts as of yesterday. I'm still cautious and aware of my limitations, but I'm finding my limitations to be fewer and fewer with each passing day. The only time I'm really reminded of my hyster is when my body is jarred excessively (i.e., hitting a wake while boating or driving over a real bumpy road) or I can't sleep. And even then I'll take Ambien or melatonin when sleep becomes an issue.

I don't know if melatonin has been mentioned here before (I'm sure it has), but it was recommended to me by a co-worker who had a hysterectomy a number of years ago. It's inexpensive (I bought mine for under $4), it's over-the-counter, and it works great for helping me to sleep at night. I'm passing along her recommendation, just in case, to anyone still experiencing insomnia.

Also, everyone, please make sure you're getting your daily exercise. Walking goes a long way to help every facet of your recovery. For those who are progressing much more slowly than others, are you walking every day and keeping active (within reason)? If not, please do. You'll begin to notice your health and recovery improving, and it's what the doctors recommend. Admittedly, I spent the first several weeks lounging and taking it easy. Once I stopped lounging quite as much and became more active, I found my recovery speeding along. It also has helped with the swelling as I don't appear to swell quite as much anymore.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their birthday wishes, and here's me wishing everyone a healthy new you!
Unread 08-08-2007, 10:12 AM

Roxanne,
Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. What does "full on my ovaries" mean? I've never heard of that and am curious. I hope the USP shows that everything is fine but just needs a little more time to heal. My thoughts are with you.
Unread 08-08-2007, 01:54 PM

Hi Ladies ... jjust checking in. I am so tired I can hardly type. I have been back to work for a week now. I have flexible hours while I am getting back int he swing of it.

The hardest part is the one hour drive each way. I think I could work full time if I had an easy commute.

The most unusual thing has happened - I have been showered with good wishes from my co-workers. I was just not expecting everybody to be so nice. There were 2 women who made nasty remarks before my surgery, such as "Oh I wish I were going to be off for six weeks, how can I get that?" and "I am jealous! Youa re going to be at home ALL SUMMER!".

Fortunately I have not run into either one yet. But everyone else has been so supportive and kind. I guess I had become pretty jaded and I was pretty stressed out before the surgery.
But it turns out they missed me and welcome me back. Gosh, now that feels good.
OK ... I MUST lie down and shut my eyes so I can get enough strength to get through the evening.
Big plans, too! I need to shower, iron my clothes for tomorrow, pack my lunch for tomorrow so I can be in bed by 9pm.
Sheesh!
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubsFan
Correction...just had a birthday, so had to update my signature showing I'm not 37 anymore! Wah!

I hope you had a great day!!
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsunsets
Cheryl,

My birthday was yesterday. Turned 48. I went to update my signature and realized I had started myself off as that age.

In any case, my fellow Leo!

I hope you had a great day!!
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:27 PM

Hi everyone!!

Just stopping by to see how everyone is! I am doing so much better now that I am at 6.5 weeks. I still get tired but I am doing much better than the boys who are going back and forth between meltdown and destructo mode. They still want me to be sick and not able to do anything.

I am suppose to be starting school next week but they pushed it back another two weeks for some reason so I spent most of the day white-outing my day planner.

My feet hurt! I bought new hiking boots ... they take 2 weeks to break in and I am suppose to be going out on Sunday. Don't worry .... its a baby hike. Not even big enough to be called a real hike other than its in the middle of no where. I am using that to break in my shoes as well. But my shoes are so heavy... it feels like I have cement blocks on my feet! I wore them for about an hour yesterday and my legs were so sore ... since when did I become a wimp??

I am trying to win a scholarship from another website where you vote for your favorite person to win. My financial aid is not covering all of my expenses. If anyone wants to help ... pm me and I will send you the information privately. Anyone can vote.

hmmm.... I think that is all from here. What are all of you up to?? I am still waiting for the time when I can have sex again. Sigh.... not until a week from Friday. How have things been for all of you?
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iquilt
Hi. When I went to the dr last week he said that "if i checked your hormones before surgery, and i checked them now, they would be the same. that is why we left an ovary, to take over for the other one" BS..
j
I got told the same thing only add.... it must be your thyroid.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register