Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 08-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Hi All.
I am now at 7 weeks and I feel like I've graduated. I'm walking my dog again, 21/2 miles. I've been back to work for 2 short days, 4 hours each and will return full time August 16th. I've been ok'd by my Doctor at my 6 week ck up. He said I still had some stitches to fall out and said I had to wait 10 more days for any intimate relations, which I did.
I was scared to death about intimate relations again, but I'm here to tell you it is ok. I survived. I was a little sore and bled a tiny bit, but it was ok. That was my last big hurtle. I still am a little tired at night and need to build up my stamina.
For all those women who are still having a bit of constipation I find that drinking a glass of prune juice and eating about 4 prunes at night helps a lot.
I hope everyone is recovering well and you all have my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsunsets
She also told me that if I have symptoms like I had the other night she wants me to go straight to the ER wherever I may be.
Just curious, where are you going in Canada? I live near Plattsburgh, which is practically down the road from Montreal. There's a good hospital in Plattsburgh . . . which I hope you wouldn't need!

Thanks to everyone for the reassurance that the tenderness and numbness is normal. I just finished the week of Bible School, and while it was a blast, I am glad it is over. Yesterday I indulged my daughter and we went to Great Escape - an amusement park/water park in Lake George. I warned her that I might not be able to do all the rides, or may need to rest, but I was fine and we had a blast! I was really worried about my tender swelly belly, but the coolness of my wet swimsuit must have helped keep it under control. So I guess the solution to swelly belly is to run around in a wet swimsuit!

and prayers to those of you who are currently having setbacks. I'm learning to celebrate the good days because they don't signal that I'm out of the woods yet. I'll be saying several prayers for you tonight.
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:14 PM

Ladies, ladies .... Oh My.
It is Friday night and I feel shell-shocked.
I hit a wall on Wednesday evening and the next day I drove in to work, only to turn around and drive back home.
I did some work from home, but then I took a pain pill and a xanax and a 3 hour nap.
Woke up for dinner & a walk and back to bed to sleep 10 more hours.
So Thursday was just some weird blur for me.
Today, Friday, I worked a full day. That was the first time I managed that.

Tonight I have been on the brink of tears for the last 3 hours. I don't know what I am feeling - I am just depleted and emotional.

For some reason my DH is just driving me crazy.
Sleep. I think I just need sleep.

To all of you struggling, I am so there with you.
I never knew fatigue was this difficult.
Keep going, ladies.

Inch by inch, life's a cinch.
But by the yard life is hard.

(And, why does it have to be so darn HOT??)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 07:22 PM

pepperoni,

Cute saying!! I like that... I'm gonna have to remember it: "Inch by inch, life's a cinch but by the yard life is hard"

I don't know why this summer is so excrutiatingly hot.... it sure seems to be hotter this year than last!!

Well, I finally got my hormone test results... well sort of... I didn't get to see my normal doc and the lady I saw today... well she just didn't seem to want to listen to my concerns and she definitely didn't want to validate any of them!! She basically told me that all my hot flashes, insomnia and moodiness is normal after a major surgery! hmmmm um, ok... I've had major surgery before and I didn't have any of these symptoms... but whatever, I'm just tired of dealing with it! She basically told me I should NOT be feeling any of this because I still have my ovaries.... well I guess it's just all my imagination then isn't it?? Sheesh... sorry ladies, I'm a tad bit wore out and cranky today (can ya tell??)

Soooo here I sit... trying to stay cool with my imaginary hot flashes, trying to find a way to sleep with my imaginary insomnia and trying not to drive my dh crazy with my imaginary moodiness

I really am trying to find the humor in all this mess.... believe it or not... I am still glad I had the surgery.... I am slowly seeing things get better.... I'm just impatient by nature

I'm sending warm wishes that everyone is doing well tonight!!

(Thanks for listening to me vent)
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:24 PM

I am so glad when I read the posts here, and know I am not alone.
I think I never really knew what fatigue meant until now...
And what seems to me like, we all hit the wall at the same time.
I am getting blood work tomorrow to see what is up...
It is terrible to say, but I "hope" they find something, so I will know I am not crazy...
DH is just about fed up with it all.
Work said not to come back until I can come back full time.
I hate to be whining when others are having major issues,
but it is nice to know this is where we can vent to each other
and know someone will get it..
Thanks,
Joanne
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Desiree,

I feel you pain. My gyno, although I really do like her, is not very good at listening either and dismisses everything or blames it on some other problem.

The best we can do is wish "imaginary menopause" on them.

Since I am in the process of weaning off the Premarin, I warned my DH that the moodiness will come. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:34 PM

Dottie,
My surgeon (the male doc I normally see) and his assistant (the female doc I saw today) both seem like they are desperately trying to convince me that my ovaries are working in perfect order. They both have never admitted that they may NOT be working... it's just frustrating. I'm just really tired of feeling this way and don't know how to deal with it when they're all telling me that it's basically all in my head!

You'd think I'd be used to doctor's responses like this by now.... I've been treated like that for the past couple of years by many of the military docs I have seen.

Anyhow, I really am done whining and fussing now...

On a positive note, I am in a little less pain than I have been.... so somethings gotta be getting better!!
Unread 08-10-2007, 09:14 PM

Desiree- I am so glad to hear you say you are in less pain. You sure had it rough there for a while.
Dottie- I am really glad you went to the doctor and got the blood pressure gadget. That is not something to mess with- I sure hope your bp and heart rate calm down.
Joanne - oh I guess we are fatigue twins, huh.

I am feeling better now. It has just been so weird. At the beginning of the week, I felt fantastic physically, but tired.
As the week went on, and the fatigue worsened, the pain came back, too.
Tonight I am back in my heavy-duty girdle thing I got at the hospital. My incision just swelled up and gave me all sortd of pains. It even seems redder than before. Sigh.
And I wish I wouldn't get snippy with DH.
I hope my mood improves.
You know.... I am just now realizing that I am ANGRY. I have had enough!
But there is no where to direct the anger. It is nobody's fault.
Well, I guess "this too shall pass".
Unread 08-10-2007, 09:21 PM

Hi my Hystersisters
Almost every thing everone is feeling I am too. Desiree, is there any other doc you can see? My obgyn surgeon was like your description of your docs. But I have an appointment on Monday with my normal doc. She will understand and care.
On a different note the first time for" relations", did'nt go so well. The mood was set, my dh was pre-medicated if you know what I mean. I was very nervous. We had lubrication and BAM it was like sticking your tounge on a frozen flag pole. The lubrication was gone and we were stuck together. After I let dh know in a loving way this is not going to work we very gingerly separated. Needless to say there was disappointment all around.
Next time I am going to have a glass or two of liquor so maybe I will be slickor.
Unread 08-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Ah, I remember 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by North49
A day late and a dollar short but I'm here too!

Happy birthday to all of you! My big 4-0 is coming up soon and for the first time since I hit 39 I'm actually ok with it. I don't know if it is this operation or just time but I feel calmer and grown up. Let's hope it lasts!
I remember turning 40, It was the BEST. My family gave me a surprise party, we played mystery guest. I was blind folded and had to guess who they were. Some of the people I hadn't seen in years. Tomorrow I will be 47. Not a real big deal. But it does seem like alot of birthdays all of a sudden.Must be lots of Leos.
s

Happy Birthday to Everyone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register