Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 83 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Nine weeks and going strong!

Just thought I'd check in with the gang.

Things are moving along quite well in my world although I'm still careful about SOME things. Others seem like a piece of cake at this point.

Swelly belly is starting to subside -- finally! I was on Weight Watchers before all this (and doing pretty good -- 42 lbs. since January) but that all came to a screaching halt. My body just hasn't seemed to respond at all the way it did before surgery.

I'd eat like a bird, walk my butt off and gain five pounds. Eat everything in sight and lose the same five. Argh! But I went back to WW a couple weeks ago and just crossed my 50 lb. weight loss mark today. Ta da! I think this is another signal that things are finally getting back to normal.

Wishing you all a little normalcy as well!

Hugs,
Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Good Morning Ladies~
I havent posted for a while, I have been going through a lot of emotional and physical problems. I have NO energy and am only working 1/2 days. I am depressed because I hate my job and have no energy to even deal with any of it...even though it is pretty easy. I also am having pain in my fingers. They feel stiff and like I would imagine arthritis to feel. I have never had this before last week and have not done anything different to cause this???
I feel like I am in a rut, like I am having a mid life crisis or something. My blood pressure is still above normal for me so I have decided to try and lose some weight, again. I really do not know what is wrong. Maybe I need to write here more often again?? I know it always helped before.
I guess I expected to feel wonderful by now, but instead I just feel blah. And suddenly, I have an overwelming feeling of wanting to move to an old house in the middle of no where, alone (too much HGTV)
I hope everyone else is feeling better than me.
Have a fabulous day.
~Tonie
Unread 08-23-2007, 08:50 AM
2 months ago

It's been 2 months post-op now, but it seems like forever ago!

Even though I know I'm not back-to-normal 100%, I have resumed life & work and feel that the expectation is that I 'have recovered'. Today is interesting (besides the fact that I'm a year older) because I can tell I'm... I'm not "menstrating"
but I'm doing something; what do we call 'it'?? Cycleing??
I have my ovaries, and I'm assuming that they are still demanding that I get a little honkerblonky and moody, bloated and a bit spacey.
BUT
It's soooo wonderful to smile now when I feel these things, in the absence of massive pain and bleeding.
Life is good.
I hope everyone out there is smiling each month too!
Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Happy Birthday trick23! Glad to hear you are healing well!!!!
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:30 AM

Cat60 - congratulations on your 50lb's that's soo incredible!!! I did JC last year lost 20lbs and have maintained but am ready to go back and recommit to getting these last 30lbs off for good!What is your opinion of ww
Unread 08-23-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm surprised it's still up too so I check both of them.

We picked up a newcomer in the other site who had their surgery on June 5th too.

I'm nearing starting to work. One more week at home and then back to work. I started back at Y yesterday but dr told me not to do more than 15 min. on elliptical and no kind of weights with legs and only 5-10 lbs. with arms/upper body. Wasn't bad yesterday but today when I went was killing me to get to that 15 min. I normally did 30-45 min. before surgery.

On top of all of this my tooth was killing me and had to have a root canal and still have to go back to have crown and packing done. I was hoping to get all done before going back to work so I don't take any days off. No such luck, my dentist is on vacation next week.

I've even done laundry a few times.

We should all have a pretty penny to write on our tax returns this year.

Everybody keep progressing and drop a note on the site every now and then to give us all an update.
Unread 08-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat60
Just thought I'd check in with the gang.

I'd eat like a bird, walk my butt off and gain five pounds. Eat everything in sight and lose the same five. Argh! But I went back to WW a couple weeks ago and just crossed my 50 lb. weight loss mark today. Ta da!

Hugs,
Cat
CONGRATULATIONS on the 50 lb. mark!!!
I'm that same way on trying to lose weight no matter how much exercise and eating like a bird or once a day I gain weight. I'm never really hungry and usually 1 meal is good for me. Since trying to lose weight I try to eat 3-4 times a day and exercise a lot but I don't lose a lot but am usually stable or within 2-3 lbs. How is weight watchers helping you? The food or just people being there?

Unread 08-23-2007, 02:48 PM

Trick23

Unread 08-23-2007, 02:48 PM

I remember a few of you saying how every 5th day or so you get exhausted...well I'm beginning to think that is happening to me too. I guess I just didn't pay attention but it is all making sense now. Also, I can't believe this is happening again, but I think I may have the beginnings of pneumonia again. I had it in Dec and Jan and it took two months for me to get over it. I was working on a stressful project that towards the end had long hours and at the same time my iron was very low. That is one reason my doc suggested I get this surgery was because with all of the blood loss and low iron I was constantly sick - which I have NEVER been that way, EVER. Anyway I now have a cough that has lasted over a week and I am having trouble sleeping because of it. That is the only time in my life I have had pneumonia and now I'm gun shy about it but how do I know if it is just another cold or the real thing? I'm so sick of being sick! Enough already!
Unread 08-23-2007, 03:21 PM

Thank you! :dance2:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register