Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 87 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

hi, ajeany,
had same surgery as you except had all removed(even cervix), plus 2 cists and a fibroid tumor on may 10th. please watch the lefting. your busy with kids and probly do more than you should but is difficult to try to heal with so much responsibilty. i walk 3-4 miles aday and has really helped me get my stamina back. so give it time and dont worry about pressuring yourself to say everything is 100%. i kept getting that question and when i told the truth that is was better but not 100% strangley most people looked at me like they couldnt understand why it was taking so long. decided just to say all was well rather than deal with thier quizzical look. feel great now and kept waiting to feel where the cervix was removed and i and my husband cannot tell the difference. my dr. said most women need 6 months to recover from the surgery. pace yourself and hope you are feeling better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 11:33 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new this group and feeling frustrated. I am 9 weeks post op and still sore, and experiencing back and bladder problems. Same as everyone else. I was even really stupid last week and thought I could try a short run on my walk, what an IDIOT! I just want to feel normal again, and instead, feelign frustrated and eating everything in the house. I am so uncomfortable with m body right now it is making me feel shameful.

I think the worst of it is the insomnia, I sleep maybe 1-2 good hours a night and am tired all day.

And like previous people said, I also feel pressured to tell people I am 100%. ANd when I try to explain the helaing process people look at me like I am crazy.

Thank you everyone who posted, It feels a little bettter to know I am not alone.

Kathleen
Unread 08-30-2007, 06:58 AM

I'm at the ten week mark too... definitely NOT where I thought I'd be, but doing okay. I honestly believe my recovery has been slower due to some family issues/stressors coming up throughout my recovery time.

I go back to work on Tues. I have been told that I have been replaced by a civilian worker... so I actually do not know what my "new" job will be or where I will be or who will be my new chain of command... so needless to say I'm quite stressed about this new issue as well!!

I also just started my first two classes towards my BS degree... I knew the workload would be heavier than my AA degree, but I didn't expect it to be as much as it has turned out to be... so I'm also quite nervous about having the time to actually DO my schoolwork on top of the new job

My mom has still not scheduled her sergury for her breast cancer. She is starting to worry me... she keeps blowing it off, but when we talked about it a couple of weeks ago, she told me the doc said it was fine to wait, as long as it was only a few weeks. I am hoping and praying that she doesn't put it off too long... I'd hate to see it get worse to where they can't help her.

I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I have been reading everyone's comments, ideas and concerns! It keeps me remembering that I still need to pamper myself on occassion As far as the joint pain, I've had major knee joint pain for years and occassional pain in other areas... I've noticed mine has lessened (my dh thinks it's because I haven't been as hard on my legs, military tends to have lots of knee problems!) BUT my back hurts more than pre-surgery. Luckily I see a chiropractor on post and he is seeing me more often to try to get me back to where I was pre-surgery.

Sorry I'm so long winded today... s'pose that's what happens when I don't write as often LOL

Overall, I'm doing pretty good physically. Emotionally.... there's a whole 'nother story! I have an appt to see a doc today for the possibility (hmmm who am I kidding, she already said they ARE, not a maybe) of them putting me on an anti-depressant. I HATE taking meds... I have already been fussed at several times during my recovery by my dh & my doc about taking my pain meds regularly! They also told me that Ambien is "highly" addictive no matter what the ads say. I am no longer taking it... it didn't help too much with the sleep issues anyway, just helped me fall asleep, not stay asleep. So anyhow, In an hour or so... I should know what they are going to do to help me sleep, help me get my appetite back and make the nausea go away and hopefully get me out of this rut.

Okay.... I'm gonna stop here, otherwise I'll end up writing a whole book

I hope everyone is doing well... a few ladies that I talk to that had surgery around the same time.... well we're all keeping our eyes on Christmas timeframe to hopefully be back to "normal" so here's keeping my fingers crossed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 10:48 AM

Desiree,
Hang in there and I know it may not feel like the best cure but taking meds to help with depression is sometimes necessary and if they work and make your life better then who cares? I have been on them in the past and at the time they probably saved my marriage and I don't regret taking them one bit. I didn't advertise to hardly anyone that I was taking them because I do believe there is still a stigma about them but they helped me without a doubt and that is all that matters. Good luck to you and don't give up!
Unread 08-30-2007, 06:39 PM

Desiree,

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and don't hold back taking something that will help you. I was on them for several months on two differant occasions and they helped.
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:15 PM

thank you both for your comforting comments... well, the doc did decide to put me on something, start taking it tomorrow morning, he wants me to take it for 2 wks and then come back to see him.... sigh, if it helps, I'm all for it

He said it should actually help with my appetite (the lack of having one) and my sleep issues too... so we'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks

I hope everyone is having a good evening... Also hope everyone has a safe, fun Labor Day weekend too!
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM

Desiree,

Hopefully this will help you get stronger faster. Everything will work out. Keeping you in my prayers.

Annette
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:07 PM

Hi everyone,
Been reading the comments and keeping up. I start back to work next week.

I was having those non-sleeping nights from night of surgery up to a couple of weeks ago. I got prescription for Ambien CR - it is addictive and I only used a couple times a week and now my body is getting some rest and I can sleep about 4-5 hrs. before waking instead of 1-2 hrs. My normal was about 5 hrs. I first had prescription for Ambien but it didn't work. Puts you to sleep and that's it. The one with the CR puts you to sleep and while you're asleep it release more medicine gradually to let you keep sleeping.

If you get don't take every day - just take a couple times a week to let your body get some rest and then maybe it'll kick back and get back on schedule.

Don't be lifting stuff too heavy. I get my return to work papers on Fri. but I was told that it will have lifting restrictions on it - we're not supposed to be lifting stuff with our legs and not sure what weight limit will be for going back to work but to exercise Dr. wouldn't let me do more than 5-10 lbs. with arms.

Have a great labor day weekend and try to rest up before going back to work on Tuesday.

Don't know how I'll do at work all day or 4 hrs. first couple weeks with these little flashes I have. At home I just take almost everything off but can't do that at work!

Unread 09-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Ajeany, Yes my cervix was removed.. There is A LOT of reproductive organ cancer in my family...the less I have to worry about, the better.
Don't get me wrong, I do feel better every day, but not up for a marathon or anything like that..My back however is causing some issues. I had back surgery about 7 years ago on that, and it has never been the same. Just be aware that you still have to be careful in what you do..I am actually contemplating lapband surgery at this point.. I am 5'10 about 245. The more I weigh, the more I hurt...and I have done everything...WW., LA Weight Loss, Drugs....
Unread 09-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Hey Joanne,
I have a lot of cancer in that way in my family as well. I had mine removed too. I was just wondering cuz you said that you has your vaginal cuff cauterized and that there should be nothing in the vagina for 3 months. Wow! I was just curious. I am so sorry about your back and the other issues that you are facing. I have heard from several other people that the lapband surgery is very effective!

My dr told me that he saw a cyst on my remaining ovary last Thursday in an ultrasound. So I do believe that is where some of my pain is coming from. He said that he thinks it has ruptured, but we are going to wait and see in a couple of months. Hopefully, I will be feeling better. I actually had a good day today.

Well, God bless you as you continue to heal... as all of us continue to heal! Have a great week!

Anna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register