Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I feel really guilty that my other hyster sisters are hurting. I am a week after my surgery and I feel better than I have in years. I have a new sense of clarity. It's been years since I wasn't in pain everyday. I am thinking about you and praying for your speedy recovery and for the pain to go away. Keep hanging in there and just relax!! I have had to teach myself how to relax. It's kinda fun relaxing now. Once you get through the pain it does get better. I promise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 05:46 PM

Blue Moon Rose - I am so glad things worked out for you. I have been thinking about you over the past couple days!

I went to the doc today to have my staples out. It went fine. My sister and I went to the grocery store, I leaned every so slightly and POP a few stitches broke and there I was with an open wound. It started to bleed, went back home, called doc and she said to come right in. She said she couldn't restitch it, but packed it and said I will need to heal from the inside out. Now I have a nurse coming every day to change the dressing. I take coumadin because I have a mechanical heart valve and the doc said she was afraid this might happen because of this medication.

Also, I am heavy and I know that does not help, but bless her heart, the doc did not make mention of it.

Anyone else has/had this problem? I was feeling really well too, but I may have overdone...who knows?

Any answers are appreciated!

Thanks!
Barb
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:09 PM

Okay ladies just got back from getting my staples removed, OUCH! Everything looks good he even took out big chuck of fatty tissue so my tummy will be flatter. My pathology report came back fine also. So now I am 5 days post op and doing great, oh i lost 5 lbs so far. Still now BM and ideas how to get this going. Took correctol last night but still nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 06:14 PM

Hi Roxiehart, I Used Mom Tabs 4 Every Night And Drank Apple Juice In The Am. It Has Worked For Me . The First Bm Was A Little Painful And Scary. Now I Go Every Morning Using The Mom Tabs,.... Good Luck Let Me Know How You Make Out.... Michelle
Unread 06-27-2007, 07:49 PM

8 days out of surgery, and my brain is soooo ready to go back to work, but just taking a shower, or loading the dishwasher takes every ounce of energy I have - I didn't believe everyone when they said it was going to wipe me out - I over did it on Monday, and paid for it on Tuesday - won't do that again - I was able to wean from the Dilaudid which is good - tylenol is handling the pain, no urinary retention or BM issues thankfully, the only thing that I'm really irritated with is the Dermabond stuff they used for the sling incision sites, which aren't exacatly in a place where you want GLUE/Adhesive to be used! -

I just can't physically do what my brain thinks I should be able to do. Don't see the Dr. until the 19th of July, I really want to know the pathology report - but I guess I'll have to wait...

Hope everyone continues to improve - sending you all healing hugs and prayers
Unread 06-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Hi, all, I had my first post op appointment today, all is wonderful. They took out my staples and gave me the ok to drive, even though there is no way I'm going to drive soon. I'm feeling better and although I am still in pain from the surgery, I can tell a positive difference in not having a uterus that was full of painful fibroids. The help I've gotten from this board is invaluable and I'm letting people I know whenever appropriate.
Unread 06-27-2007, 08:09 PM

Cissy! I had that stupid glue all over the uh..pubes too...I took the razor to that area!! LOL! It was nasty, glue everywhere!! You can't even tell where they did that either anymore.

Glad to hear so many not having bowel issues. I wish I was one of ya'll! LOL
Unread 06-27-2007, 08:50 PM

Hi, I am new here and it is really great to hear from folks going through a hysterectomy.
I went in expecting a vaginal hysterectomy with just a few teeny cuts, but the doctor had decided the fibroids were too big (and clumped together) so I had the abdominal incision and they took out everythign except part of my cervix.
Overall, I am doing great. My biggest complaint had been pelvic pain, back pain and swollen lower abdomen. All of that is gone. So I am coping with the fatigue and some frustration that I wish I could be more active. But I was too active yesterday, then had major pain & swelling arounf the incision last night. Today I was more strategic about resting and walking and following all the rules. I've lost 5 pounds and that is wonderful after looking 4 months pregnant for the last year.
I'm so sorry for all of you who have had complications and bad news. It sure makes me realize I am not so bad off. Wish I had found y'all a couple weeks ago.
Unread 06-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Can't believe I'm here

Hello Ladies,

It seems hard to believe that week one is over. The waiting was absolutely the worst, followed closely by the 24 hours before the staples were removed. As soon as they were out, I was standing up straighter and could move easier. Still odd to me that period pain was worse than this...seems it should be the other way around! I am definitely pampering the princess here....going for slow walks, taking lots of naps, and just resting and reading. The biggest shock was that the doctor said no lifting more than 5 pounds for the whole six weeks. He originally said four but I'm going to do whatever he says. Hope everyone else is doing well and healing quickly. Thanks so much for all the support!
Unread 06-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnowzerz
Cissy! I had that stupid glue all over the uh..pubes too...I took the razor to that area!! LOL! It was nasty, glue everywhere!! You can't even tell where they did that either anymore.

Glad to hear so many not having bowel issues. I wish I was one of ya'll! LOL

I got quite a bit of it off tonight in the shower - but it was NOT fun - I have to admit, I'm not having bowel issues for probably several reasons 1) I have IBS, and just about everything irritates it, so constipation is hardly EVER a problem, 2) I've been taking colace religiously since the day after surgery, 3) I love fresh cherries, but they don't like me and I got a huge bag of them before my surgery for this very reason....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register