Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 90 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 09-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

She meant when dogs and cats are "fixed." She is the type of person who says hateful things and makes it seem like a joke. That way if you get mad, your'e the one who's the idiot. We've all worked with that sort of person. Normally I just ignore her, but that one irritated me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 11:27 PM

That was a nasty comment about comparing you to dogs & cats. My favorite way of handling people like that (when I don't get flustered first, that is) is to put a confused look on my face and say not meanly, just in a normal voice, "It would never occur to me to say something so mean" or "Wow, that's a mean thing to say" or something along those lines. If you say that in a normal voice and leave it at that then she's the one looking like a jerk not you. Everyone else will probably applaud you!
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadi1
She meant when dogs and cats are "fixed." She is the type of person who says hateful things and makes it seem like a joke. That way if you get mad, your'e the one who's the idiot. We've all worked with that sort of person. Normally I just ignore her, but that one irritated me.
I'm surprised at myself for not picking up on that reference! lol. Guess I don't think of myself (or any of us) as having been "fixed" or "snorfleed" and therefore didn't make that connection. I agree with North49's response - it's the "kill 'em with kindness" approach. When someone says something hurtful and just plain mean, there are subtle yet obvious ways to turn it around on them and gently call them out for their rude commentary. North49 is right in that you'll win the sympathy vote by your co-workers and be the one applauded for your classy way of handling the classless. And yes, there's always one of those kinds of jerks in every company!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM

Hello Ladies~
It has been a while since my last post. Things have been "ok". I have returned to work full time last week and am feeling really tired a lot. I have lost all motivation to do any house work and am now "training" my 9 year old DD. I guess it is time anyway, right?.
I thought I would feel a lot better by now but I dont. I have been getting really bad headaches and my hands and arm joints are bothering me more and more. I did stop taking the hormones. I have hot flashes but nothing really horrible.
I guess that is all. I have missed reading these posts. I see that everyone has kind of slowed down on the posts. I hope this finds all of you well and in the mood to type so that you can type back.
Take care!!

~Tonie
Unread 09-11-2007, 02:07 PM

I've been walking 2-3 miles about 5 days a week and resumed gym workouts 2 days a week (with 2 days off each week). I've even been able to do ab-crunches, not full sit-ups utilizing the lower ab muscles, without killing myself. I've been building my stamina and endurance and felt it was time to up the anty, and since the YMCA in my area offers free fitness classes, I enrolled in a couple of them. Today was my first day of cardio kickboxing followed by an abs and glutes class. I survived it but only because I listened to my body when it came to an exercise beyond my limits (ask me again tomorrow...I might feel very differently). Jumping jacks? Heck no. All that impact and jostling of my swollen gut would have been a disaster!

I'm very glad that I took my doctor and everyone's advice to exercise and learn my limitations. There are days when I feel lethargic and tired, and it's those days especially when I have to remind myself that exercise would help restore my energy levels.

If any of you ladies out there are having a tough time of things and you're finding you're not exercising, I encourage you to do so. Even if you just go for a walk, it's amazing how much better you'll feel (take the dog out...he/she will love it), and take advantage of the weather cooling down a bit! It really does help - it increases your energy level, builds your stamina and endurance, and it staves off those feelings of fatigue and lethargy.
Unread 09-11-2007, 02:16 PM

Cheryl,
Thank you. I really need the encouragement because I am having a very difficult time with my energy level. I finally called my doc yesterday and I know that I have a real problem with my iron being low but I honestly have no energy to do anything. I mean, I have to talk myself into getting into the shower and when I'm done I'm too tired to blow dry my hair. I also have been having neurological problems and my doc is supposed to call back today because they may want to test my blood levels for low estrogen. I really don't even want to go there but I also cannot continue the way that I am. I have absolutely no energy and I am as dumb as a rock. I tried to read the newspaper the other day and had to continually re-read sentences to understand what was going on. I still continually say the wrong words and that has put me into some very embarrassing spots. At first it was amusing now it is making me angry and embarrassed. My doc stressed to me again that she doesn't expect me to be fully recovered for 6 months but I have run out of patience. I guess I just need to reach deep down and make myself exercise in some form. In my brain I want to but I just can't get my body to move. When I have talked myself into going for a walk I feel slightly better but I just want to collapse when I get back. Thanks for the encouragement, I will push myself and hope to see better results. Maybe I can sweat the "dumb" out!
Unread 09-11-2007, 06:39 PM

I agree with the exercise stuff! I'm finally getting to where I can move around, walk (much faster), and do medium exercise level stuff. I am FINALLY starting to feel better. Still fatigued all the time... but I'm getting there.

Totally agree on the main point: Listen to your body! Nobody knows your abilities better than you do! That's what I keep having to remind myself of.

I hope everyone is having a good week... we're almost to the middle of it... then will be on the home stretch

Sending a GREAT BIG to all my sisters out there
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:02 AM

Happy Friday Everyone!! I hope we all have a good weekend full of stress free excitement .

~Tonie
Unread 09-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Thanks, Tonie! I've been looking forward to the weekend. I made it through a full week at school, trying to remember this year's schedule and helping my third graders learn the routine. I am tired, but nowhere near as tired as I was last week at this time. I think my body is adjusting to the challenges I am giving it! I started back to my ballet class last night, and although I am a little sore it feels good to know I am getting back to my old self. I hope there are others who are feeling better and the initial shock of going back to work has lessened.
Unread 09-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Cool - Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

I am soooooo glad the weekend is here, even though I have tons of schoolwork to do, at least I can do it at my own pace! I made it through my second week back to work... a little nervous about next week... going back to full days, sigh, looooong full days at that!

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Georgia... it was supposed to be rainy all weekend, so the pretty morning was a nice surprise to wake up to!

I haven't been posting much lately; however, I have been reading everyone's posts. I truly want to thank ALL of you for being there for me through all of this... I couldn't have made it without all of your help and comfort!

I am finally starting to feel like my old self... without all the pains and stuff "down there." The only remaining issues I really have are the extreme bouts of fatigue and not being able to sleep. Like everyone else... I'm hoping to see an end to that sometime in the near future!

Wishing everyone has a great weekend!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register