Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 95 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 10-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Getting checked after 5 mos

Hi all,

I have decided that after having pains, bleeding and going to bed because I am wiped out at 5 pm... I am getting it all checked.
I am hesitant that I too will fall under the category of a hypochondriac but after 17 years of Endo, I think I have a pretty good idea between pain and discomfort. So, wish me luck that something is discovered and I don't get sent home saying that I "need to take it easy and I am a slow healer". I just want some kind of explanation.
I do still have my ovaries. I also have left side shooting pains that catch me off guard at the most random of times. I have read up that a lot of women have this too and I hope I can come back with an explanation for all of us....
I will keep you posted and thanks again for being part of this site... it makes me feel like I am FAR from alone.

Melissa ~ PAH, (still have ovaries) 17 year endo survivor with a 3 year old son. (miracle baby)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Good luck Melissa!
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello

Hello All,

I hope that everyone is doing well. Melissa everything will work out fine. Since my surgery I have been eating nonstop after weeks of not wanting to eat at all. Does anyone else have this happening? I am trying to get back on track. I still get shooting pains near my incision. My swellybelly comes and goes. Lately I have been getting totally exhausted for no reason, not often just enough to be annoying. Overall I feel ok. to all.

Annette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 01:35 PM

Annette,
I also have been going through some non stop eating, so bad, that I even mentioned it to a friend a few weeks ago. Luckily, it seems to have subsided this week and I don't feel like I'm making up for lost time. Maybe things are evening out somehow. I still also get those dart-like pains but the Dr said it was normal. As far as exhaustion, I get that way late afternoons, in fact, I'm actually going to take a nap after checking e-mails.
Otherwise doing OK.
Stay well.
Unread 10-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Happy Saturday Ladies ~
I just got caught up on everyones posts. I have been so busy the last few weeks.
I too am having sharp pains, no sutures yet, and just recently started spotting after sex. Actually the pain during sex is a lot like I had before the surgery, which is a little disappointing. I have noticed that I am physically drained at the end of the day and have no motivation at all to exercise. I have gained a lot of weight since the surgery. My fingers, arms and shoulders still bother me. It seems like I have just as many complaints after surgery as I did before, just in different areas. Again, a little disappointing. But hopefully it will only get better with time.
I am glad to see everyone is still keeping in touch. I have you all in my thoughts and prayers and send you quick healing and happy thoughts every day!!
loveloveloveyourhystersister~
Tonie
Unread 10-28-2007, 02:05 PM

[i]Well ladies, the verdict is in.
I went to get my "issues" checked out and this is what happened:
I explained my sharp pains, aches, bleeding, exhaustion, and all the other things that I could remember.
As a reminder, I have only ovaries left from a TAH and most likely some left over scarring from 2 previous endometriosis Laps. Anyhow, the bleeding after intercourse was from some "granulation" of scar tissues. Just kind of like a sensitive flap of skin that she removed while taking a look at what could be ailing me. That caused about 2 days of bleeding but nothing painful.
My doctor then found my most painful spots by checking the inside... which wasn't painful in comparison to the top of my abdomen (outside, on my belly just above my scar) She had me tighten my stomach muscles and came to the conclusion that the nerve endings in my stomach muscles were what was causing all the havoc. I didn't believe it at first but then she gave me 5 pinpoint needle injections into the spots that hurt with a numbing agent and for the next couple of days.... I felt fantastic. I still was a bit tired but I think that had a lot to do with being so sedentary from being afraid I would hurt myself.
Anyway, I go back in 2 weeks for another injection and that should cover the pain while I try to get back to the gym and rebuild my stomach muscles.
I am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable again as I spent 6 hours cleaning the house today... but this is a start and I really appreciate my doctors patience.
So, for those of you who have had some of the same symptoms... have your Gyn. check your abdominal muscles and to check for granulation of tissues that could cause bleeding.... otherwise.... I am VERY optimistic.
Hope you all had a great weekend.
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:28 AM

Hello to all,

Here is an update on my end .

The joint pains have eased off a bit. However, now my gallbladder is giving me trouble and I have to go for an ultrasound next week and possible suregery. Beleive it or not, it was my chiropractor who diagnosed it. Most of my pains are in the right side of my back, below the shoulder blade. Who knew!! When it gets really bad, it radiates to the front. I did some research last night and found out that one of the side effects of Premrin (or any HRT) can be an increase in gallbladder disease. WONDERFUL.

For the love god...........can this year just be over already?? I, for one, am SO done with 2007.

But on we go. And on that note, let me take a moment to wish all my "sisters" a joyous Thanksgiving!!
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:05 PM

Hello All~
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I hope you are feeling better.
~Tonie
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Wishing everyone a joyous and HEALTHY 2008!!
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:23 AM

Hi Dottie!!
How have you been? I was so happy to see that someone replied to my post. I have wondered how everyone has been. I hope you are doing better. I am still feeling a little old and achy before my time , but oh well. I am so tired of complaining...lol.
I send lots of good health your way.
Take care
loveloveloveyourhystersister
~Tonie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register