Author recommendations? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Author recommendations? Author recommendations?

Unread 06-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Author recommendations?

Anyone want to suggest some authors to me who have written lots of books so I can relly get into some good books? I like anything from mysteries, police type, family issues, etc.. I just want to get into some new authors with more than 1 or 2 books to their name. I really like Harlan Coban, James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Mary Higgins Clark, and I would love some new suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Author recommendations?

I like Janet Evanovich, Alexander McCall Smith ( he has the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series and a couple others ), Carol Higgens Clark, John Mortimer, Joan Hess, Susan Wittig Albert, Donald E Westlake, Diane Mott Davidison... to name a few. I like mostly mysteries but not the hard core ones
My DD likes Dean Kountz, Clive Barker, Stephen King, Jonathon Kellerman.

S
Unread 06-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Author recommendations?

Catherine Coulter (especially her FBI thriller series)
Patricia Cornwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Author recommendations?

Kathy Reichs - heroine is forensic anthropologist series - important to read in order for character development

Donna Leon - hero is Venitian police detective - helps to read in order for character development, but not vital

Susan Isaacs - mysteries and more

JK Rowling - now, do I really have to tell you what she's written?

MIchael Marshall - Straw Man series - MUST be read in order and warning, terrifying and EXTREMELY unpleasant in places.

Unread 06-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Author recommendations?

I really like Stephen King and Dean Koontz and some John Grisham also the Harry Potter series.
Unread 06-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Author recommendations?

JennyBr

Stephen King fan here too! Also Danielle Steel. From one extreme to the other!

Unread 06-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Author recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooodle
JennyBr

Stephen King fan here too! Also Danielle Steel. From one extreme to the other!

From realism to fantasy (in that order, of course!)
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Author recommendations?

Christine Feehan for paranormal romance (witches, vampires, etc...)
Unread 07-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Author recommendations?

Thank you! I really have some great ideas now when I go to the library!
Unread 07-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Author recommendations?

Karin Slaughter - not for the squeamish, but very good - has me alternately on the edge of my seat and reaching for my tissues. She started with Blindsighted, Kisscut, etc and her latest, Skin Privilege, has just been published in the UK.

PD James - of the Adam Dalgleish detective series. They are all good, but I particularly enjoyed Original Sin.

Ruth Rendell - she's well known for her psychological thrillers, some of which she writes as Barbara Vine, and for her slightly cosier Wexford police procedurals.

Lee Child's Jack Reacher series of thrillers/mysteries. Reacher is an appealing combination of enigma and vulnerability and Child pulls together an unlikely set of circumstances and moulds it into a decent story.

Peter Temple - He's very well-known in Australia, but is just finding a readership in the UK. I particularly liked The Broken Shore, but Bad Debts is a good read.

And finally, if you like historical murder mysteries and loads of colour, you could do worse than Lindsey Davis's Falco series, which is set in ancient Rome, at around the time of the Emperor Vespasian. Her first one, The Silver Pigs, is almost impossible to put down.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register