In the anger mode | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In the anger mode In the anger mode

Unread 06-19-2007, 05:32 PM
In the anger mode

Hi All,

First I must tell you I had 12 really good days between my last 2 chemos. Was able to fly to Ca and see my kids. I got up the day of the flight and felt worse than ever and thought I would not be able to go. Well go I did and by the time I got home I felt almost normal. Was able to go to a graduation, funeral, GD's Allstar Baseball Game, out with best friend..shopped a little, lunch, manicure.

Then home to reality and my next chemo. Knocked on butt for the last 8 days. A lot my own fault, I cut down on my steriods and am paying for it big time.

Angry becase it took so much effort for me to get ready and go to the dr yesterday. Got there, 24 patients in the waiting room. Appt was 2:15pm and at 3:30pm I just left. I was so mad...I do not feel it is acceptable to keep sick people waiting that long. Not even a "sorry" or explaination. I just came home and crawled back into bed.

They better not say c**p to me tomorrow when I go in for blood work.

Venting,
Juanita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2007, 06:45 PM
In the anger mode

Hi Juanita:

Vent away. You have every right to. They should at least have given you some kind of explanation!! I have that problem with my GP. Every time I go see her, I know it's going to be a looooong wait and then I'm only with her for about 10 minutes!! It's totally disgusting and very aggravating.

Sending huge HUGS your way and hope your day gets better.
Unread 06-19-2007, 06:53 PM
In the anger mode

Juanita,
Sounds like you had a busy time visiting with your family.
Why is it that Drs can make us wait for hours but we dare not be late for our appointments? I can understand the occasional emergency but when it is the norm I get peeved.
Take it easy and I hope you're feelin better.
Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2007, 07:39 PM
In the anger mode

I know doctors can get backlogged and an emergency or a patient with unexpected problems can foul up schedules, but I also think patients are then at least owed an explanation and an estimated time they'll be seen or an offer to reschedule.

I had an experience early on in my treatment with the gyn who did the surgery. First appointment canceled. I understood and made another. That day came and about 20-30 minutes late I got taken back and undressed, etc. The nurse said there'd be a short delay as the Dr. was caled to the hospital but it was't his "on cal" day so he'd be right back. An hour and a half later I got redressed and told the front desk and RN that I was not waiting any more and gee, no one had heard from him. They offered me an appointment at 12:30 with another gyn...I was dumb and said yes. At 12:45 I left. I told them that I was in no mood to see anyone that day. I got another appointment. In the interim I sent a complaint to the group and he obviously "got it" because when I was finally seen he was really snippy and handed me the list of questions I'd written out with the answers on them. I was out in 5 minutes and needless to say never went back to that doctor, ever!
Unread 06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
In the anger mode

Know what? I am through being pathetic. I don't have enough time left to spend a half a day getting ready, going to the dr and waiting forever. All the patients in this particular office have been referred because of gyn cancer AND WE ARE SICK.

I have tried to be nice cause the dr does not like me....well, I don't like him either and he better not tick me on on one of my bad days. He will think he has been hit by a buzz saw.

Still venting......lol.

Love you all,
Juanita
Unread 06-19-2007, 09:50 PM
In the anger mode

Until I had my breast problems, my gyn was the only doc I was seeing. Annual appointment. She was always pretty much on time. So I thought something had happened in the medical community (or at least at my clinic) and wait time for docs had much improved. Then I got DCIS diagnosis. Had to wait to see my surgeon for appointments with him. But I like him so much, so . . . I wait. But my oncologist . . . I usually had to wait at least an hour to see her. Not worth it. She's left the practice and left the state. That's OK by me.

Mary D.
Unread 06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
In the anger mode

Fire him!!!! There's no excuse for anyone to be that late for an appointment. I wouldn't tolerate it from anyone, certainly not a professional. I fired two gyns because they kept me waiting. I'd fire any doctor who kept me waiting more than 15 minutes. Why have an appointment, if the time is meaningless? Since most doctors can schedule appointments so that they're on time, why can't the rest of them? If enough patients refuse to tolerate their rude, inconsiderate, treatment, they'll be forced to change.

Call the office and ask which doctor more often sees patients on time. If they can't tell you, or won't tell you, explain that you will be transferring to another doctor who can schedule people properly. You need not justify your feelings. You have every right to be treated with respect and treated as if your time is as valuable as the doctor's time. YOU'RE the PATIENT, his schedule should revolve around YOU, not the other way around. YOU pay HIM. Not the other way around. It is YOU who is sick, not him. Waiting over 15 is inexcusable. Period. You deserve better.

Best wishes and big hugs,
Janie
Unread 06-20-2007, 09:45 AM
In the anger mode

s Juanita,
Sounds like you enjoyed your trip and did lots of exciting things. I am sure it felt good to be out and doing those things.

Is your doctor normally late or was this a one time thing? Too bad it happened on a day where you were not feeling well. If this is a frequent thing, I would be looking at my options for further care. If it was the first time or a a rare thing, I think I would give the doctor another chance. Oh, I see you are not real happy with him anyway so it may be time to look around for future care.

s
Jane
Unread 06-20-2007, 01:34 PM
In the anger mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaGa
Know what? I am through being pathetic. I don't have enough time left to spend a half a day getting ready, going to the dr and waiting forever. All the patients in this particular office have been referred because of gyn cancer AND WE ARE SICK.
I agree! I always have to wait at the gyn/oncs office. I kind of always thought that if you had a really serious diagnosis, like oh let's say cancer, you'd get treated with a bit more respect. It's not like we've just got a cold, for goodness sakes!

If you're really not happy with this doc anyway, is there someone else you can see?

By the way, keep venting . . . it builds character!

Big hugs!
monami
Unread 06-20-2007, 06:25 PM
In the anger mode

I think my worst wait was actually before my diagnosis ...My appointment was for 10 am, and I was finally called in to be seen after 1 pm. This was after I got a certified letter in the mail November 05 that informed me that my last pap test the previous "August" (yes August 2005) was abnormal and they were trying to get in touch with me ...for 3 months!!! (Ummmm. My contact info in their computer had never changed, before or after.) Then, when I got in there the resident doc asked me very snidely 'what I needed from her that day?' She was rude, cut me off, and told me that she had a very busy morning and had already seen 10 patients... I slammed my fist on the table and said, "yeah, and I have been waiting for 3 hours to be seen, this is my time now!!!" (Mind you, this is the same doc that gave me a buz card from the county psychiatrist and told me to make an appointment because there was nothing wrong with me!) It took me 3 more months (in March) to get an appointment to see a gyn at the county clinic, and that was only after my bad pap and finally an utrasound that showed fibroids.

So by early May 06 of the following year I finally knew what was going on, uterine cancer. Yes, waiting is the pits, to say the very least!!! Waiting at any levelis not right, but sheesh, I can see especially when you are still in the aftermath throws of being sick, tired, and trying to finally finish up treatment. How horrible!!!

Keep on Venting!!!!
-Terri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register