Hi! I need your guided words of wisdom! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi!  I need your guided words of wisdom! Hi! I need your guided words of wisdom!

Unread 06-26-2001, 08:47 AM
Hi! I need your guided words of wisdom!

Hi, I am new to this board I just registered today. I am 27 years old a mother of 2 beautiful girls and wife of 1! lol I started my periods when I was 10 by the time I was 13 I would miss one day of school a month because of cramps. After the birth of my first daughter in 96 I started passing large blood clots, having HORRIBLE cramps and would be in bed for another day or two each month. After the birth of my second daughter winter on 97 the same kept happening. I would go to the GYN she did the normal pap and blood work everything would come back fine. Two years ago I started having horrible pains from my left ovary about two days before my period and it would last until my period was done. Again I go back to the doctor, still no sonogram or testing done just a pap and still found nothing. Then my husband and I moved down here to Texas in Jan-01 and I found a new doctor that my friend highly recommended me to. So I go to see him tell him part of my symptoms and he schedules a series of tests. Come to find out my uterus is collapsing, I have prolapse and my bowels are also falling. He highly recommended a hysterectomy but leaving my right ovary since it was still producing normal levels of hormones but I am scared to death. I feel I am so young to undergo so much but I am seeing how necessary it can be. Any words of support would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2001, 12:01 PM
Hi! I need your guided words of wisdom!

Jennifer,
I understand what you're going through. I too suffered for years before finding a DR who found what was wrong. Then it seemed everything happened so fast. Got diagnosed, went through a bunch of tests, tried some hormones, got scheduled for surgery. Seems like that all happened in a day! Although it didn't really, more like 4-5 months, but it has been a whirlwind for me.
I am in constant pain so maybe it is a little easier for me to accept the surgery?! I'm still very scared and some days sit and wonder if I'm making the right decision or maybe I should wait, I'm only 33 married/w/ 2 boys. But then the pain will hit me again so it makes up my mind for me.
I am glad you found this board this is best thing that has happened to me since I found out about the surgery. These wonderful ladies have eased me mind so much. Plus I have learned so much.
I suggest reading the Hysterectomy Options & Altenatives pages along with the pull down menus, especially hints & helps, there is so much great info here. Maybe you can use the info there to make a list of questions for your DR that will help you to decide what is best for you!

Good Luck to you.
Unread 06-26-2001, 12:11 PM
Thanks!

It helps to know that there are people out there who are going through this. Not that I wish this on anyone but it does give us all support to turn to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2001, 07:56 PM
I feel great after mine

Jennifer,

I am 23, married, one child. I had a TVH June 1, and I feel awesome. I have felt awesome the entire time, ever since the second day after surgery.

I had my hyst because of almost constant bleeding. My life is 100x better already.

I was scared, too, even though I was sure I was ready for the surgery, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I made the right decision having the surgery.

Having a strong support system is a vital part of recovery, and the Hyster Sisters are the BEST!!
Unread 06-28-2001, 09:12 PM
Welcome

So glad you found us! As you can already see, you are not alone. IMHO, when you look back on all this, you will be very glad there is an alternative to the pain and suffering you have been enduring since your periods started!

I have had a rather different experience than many ladies here: almost all of my female relatives have had the surgery done years ago (both my sisters and my mother-in-law, etc) and they all attest it was the best thing they ever did...gave them a new lease on life! They were all very positive an supportive about the surgery. That was a relief.

However, it is major surgery and needs to be considered carefully. Hopefully this site can be a big help in your research and a source of support!!

Keep reading, posting and talking everything over with your doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register