what type of "fluid/discharge" to expect after healing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what type of "fluid/discharge" to expect after healing what type of "fluid/discharge" to expect after healing

Unread 06-20-2007, 10:31 AM
what type of "fluid/discharge" to expect after healing

I'm just curious what others have experienced as far as normal fluid/discharge, etc after you are done healing. I don't have a cervix but do have my ovaries. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I am still wearing a panty liner but I am beginning to wonder if this "watery discharge" is now just normal and to expect it forever. I'm hoping not! I charted (to get pregnant) for years, so am very familar with a typical cervical fluid pattern through the month as ovulation approaches, etc. But without a cervix, what can I expect? I go to the doctor tomorrow and will ask. Just wondering what other sisters are experiencing. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 10:42 AM

i'm one week yesterday, also don't have a cervix, but have ovaries. i've had no discharge that i can see, but there has to be something coming out, bcuz there is a slight odor that i've noticed. i haven't been wearing anything for it, until today when i had my incision check. the only reason i wore a pantiliner was so that i wouldn't be offensive to anyone else...don't know if it's noticible to others or not, but just wanted to be safe. let me know what you find out.
Unread 06-20-2007, 11:15 AM

I am six weeks out and have a bladder infection,,, and today,, I have started spotting. HELP. Also, the odor from my urine is really bad. Thye put me on meds for bladder infection,, but, today is my last day to take them and I am not better. wonder what is up with bleeding today??? 46yr TAH including ovaries,, kept cervix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 12:27 PM

I am 5 days post op and have part of my cervix. I do have a clear discharge not sure what it is. I thought maybe the fluid that they use during surgery to clean insides? Mine does not have an odour so I am not sure. My sister said to keep an eye and if it is consistant to call DR. My bladder is attached to my cervix DR did not remove because it could have caused other problems.
Unread 06-20-2007, 01:08 PM

I have no cervix or ovaries but I spotted till about 7 weeks and then it just stopped. It was not really clear and smelled a little. My dr said it was part of healing. I hope this helps.
Ginny
Unread 06-20-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goko99
I have no cervix or ovaries but I spotted till about 7 weeks and then it just stopped. It was not really clear and smelled a little. My dr said it was part of healing. I hope this helps.
Ginny

Thanks. Mine is somewhat yellowish. From what I've read on here, it sounds like it's healing fluid. I'll be sure to check with the doctor tomorrow though! Good to know that yours just stopped at 7 weeks! I'm looking forward to that day
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:39 PM

I am interested in hearing what you find out. I am 7 weeks today and I am down to this one little spot a day. It is yellowish too.
Unread 06-21-2007, 05:58 AM

I will also be checking with the doc today. Mine has been clear/yellowish. I only have 1 ovary-everything else is gone. Since about 2-1/2 weeks post op, I have had to ware a liner. And I never had to before. Hope it goes away soon.
Unread 06-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Update

UPDATE

I went to the doc today for my 6 week check-up. I mentioned the yellow watery discharge. I asked if it was normal and if I was going to have to wear a panty liner for life. Turns out I have bacterial vaginosis. She gave me a prescription for it. I'm, actually and ironically, so happy to hear I have this and this discharge isn't normal and not going to go on forever!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register