anterior repair? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anterior repair? anterior repair?

Unread 06-21-2007, 05:17 PM
anterior repair?

Ok, everything is set now. I'm having TVH with a TVT due to stress & urge incontinence. When I saw the doc today about the TVT he mentioned something about the other doc might have to do an anterior repair. I was focused on questions about the TVT & forgot to ask what the anterior repair was & why it might be needed. Dear sisters, can you help once again?!? He did get to experience first hand how heavy my periods were! Aunt Flo showed up yesterday. Nice to think this is her last visit FOREVER!!!!!!! 3 days to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
anterior repair?

Hi, I had an anterior repair along with other things. It was because my bladder had prolapsed. I didn't have any incontinence issues, but could see and feel my bladder. My GYN described the surgery as cutting into my vaginal wall and tucking the bladder back up.

I don't have a lot of discomfort from it, other than I some pressure if my bladder is full. My lower abdomen in tender but I don't know if that's from the anterior repair or the vaginal hysterectomy.

You sound so upbeat and positive - best wishes to you
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:41 PM
anterior repair?

Thank you betty1234. My urethra is sagging, causing my stress incontinence. Your desciption gave me a better idea of what it is! I'm wondering now if this will affect the sexual sensitive or make it painful at all.

I'm trying to stay positive, some days or even hours are harder than others. But I am sooooooo tired of bleeding & hurting all the time that I'm looking forward to Monday morning! There aren't any doubts now for me, though there were some a couple of months ago. Just thinking "it'll be over soon" keeps me from getting depressed & overwhelmed with everything. And the thought now that I won't be wetting my pants every time I laugh (and I laugh alot)makes me grin! I don't think I would have even said anything to him about that if it hadn't been for the princesses here! This is such an awesome site to come to for help, support, & venting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 10:09 AM
anterior repair?

I'm wondering about the sex thing myself right now. Actually, I'm not too worried about the anterior repair interfering as it feels not too bad, it's the posterior I'm concerned about. I have several weeks to find out - will post an update when the time comes! (never ever ever did I ever think I'd share my sexual happenings with anyone on the web! Funny how hystersisters brings out the personal stuff in us eh?)

Glad you are staying positive - I just kept reminding myself why I was having it done! Good luck on Monday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register