DH Quotes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-23-2007, 07:05 AM
DH Quotes

After reading some recent posts, I thought we would all get a chuckle if we shared our favorite (dumb) DH quotes.

I'll start.

ME: "I hate it I have to have my ovaries out. I don't want to go through all that hormonal stuff. I mean - it's going to get really bad!"

DH: "Oh, it won't be all THAT bad. You won't have any problems at all".

I looked at him and said "what do YOU know about hormones!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 08:00 AM
DH Quotes

Good one!
Unread 06-23-2007, 08:01 AM
DH Quotes

Hmmm... trying to think of a dumb quote from my dh.. I know there have been sooooooooooooooooooooooo many but right off the top of my head I can't remember one when I want to.. hahahahaah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 08:11 AM
DH Quotes

My DH and I were talking about recovery times and the like, and his response was "So this is just like having a baby"! Another topic on which he obviously has no experience. They can't help it - they just don't get it!
Unread 06-23-2007, 08:18 AM
DH Quotes

No, they don't and they can't. They are men!!

This post is not meant to criticize them, but to find humor in our differences!
Unread 06-23-2007, 08:26 AM
DH Quotes

This quote isn't from dh but a friend's dh. She was asking how I was feeling. In pain all the time I said. Her dh responded "Well, it couldn't be any worse than having a baby." I just looked at him and asked "Have you ever been a woman?" Shut him up.

My dh has been a saint through all this. He just kids around WITH me when I'm feeling crappy & moody. We've been joking around alot! Thank God he's understanding.
Unread 06-23-2007, 08:33 AM
DH Quotes

My hubby has been so very supportive. My daughter called him the Warden since he really watches that I don't overdo. The first time I went to the store on my own, she called and he said I was not home and her reaction was "oh the Warden let her out?". My hubby does not understand the hormone thing either. I asked him once when he was going to get HIS uterus removed and he shut up.
Unread 06-23-2007, 08:39 AM
DH Quotes

Do they not realize women's bodies are designed to have babies? They are not designed to one day have surgery and have organs taken out!

Different kind of pain no matter how you look at it.
Unread 06-23-2007, 11:53 AM
DH Quotes

My favorite or least fav quote is my dear sister repeatly telling me, since she's already had a hyst at the age of 35...
"Don't worry, you'll be doing CARTWHEELS in the recovery room... LAVH is a walk in the park"
If I hear cartwheels or walk in the park 1 more time! Like if I have pain, I'll be a failure...
haha
Unread 06-23-2007, 12:08 PM
DH Quotes

The day I found out I needed a hsterectomy.
Me: If they take my ovaries you do realize I will go through menopause don't you?
DH: Dear God NO!!

At my next appointment he was the one to ask the Dr if my hsterectomy was going to be total or radical. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register