Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

OK ladies I know this is completely off subject but I just wanted you all to see something that is a great spirit lifter! I received this in an email from my best friend and I wanted to pass it off to all of my friends here at HysterSisters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSBmq0Zerow

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 09:33 AM

congrats on qiutting smoking bmiles! good for you. i really need to do that.

i'm now 11 days out, and i'm feeling pretty darn good! tapered myself off the pain meds, because i noticed i was getting withdrwal symptoms. happy to report i woke up today, not needing anything but my Ibuprofen! yay!

i'm still having problems at night when i laydown to rest. my hips start to ache really bad, and seem to radiate down into my ankles. it's very uncomfortable. i'm thinking about asking my doctor for something to sleep, so i won't have to feel that, and maybe get a full nights sleep, for once.

i was experiencing alot of hot flashes, so the doctor put me on Premerin .625 on Friday, and i havn't noticed any hot flashes, my mood has lifted, and i can also feel my libido kick up when i'm around hubby, so all in all i feel really good. hopefully i can continue on with a speedy recovery.

best wishes everyone.............Autumn <3
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM

Well, my uneventful recovery is becoming eventful! I'm 11 days out and had a very nice post-op incision check on Friday. I called the doctor in a PANIC yesterday, I stood up from lunch and the front of my pants were covered in bloody slime... The center of my abdominal incision was squirting all over the place... no pain, just gross. He said I have a seroma, fluid has collected under the incision and found its way out. He says I shouldn't have any issues, it should just drain and then close up on its own, but I'm terrified of infection. Now my hubby is back to sleeping on the couch because he's going to wake up in a flood of nastiness... It's still oozing today, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. Anyone else ever have this happen? This may be the grossest thing I've ever experienced, and I'm wondering how long it might last.
Thanks for all the support, I'm not sure what I'd do without my sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 09:58 AM

Hey Jane-- I am totally experiencing what you are. I am so stir crazy. It's driving me nuts. I have my first post op appt on Friday with the gyn. I am hoping to get released back to work sooner than later. I get my little boy back today (shared custody) so I am looking forward to hanging out with him.
As for eating-- still nothing but my coffee appeals to me. It's horrible. Not even cereal. Anyone else experiencing this?

I wish everyone luck!
Heather
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Postop pain

To my fellow princesses,

I apologize if I made anyone feel badly because of my lack of pain after my surgery. I think the reason I feel so good is that I was in tremendous pain for years prior to the surgery (my uterus turned out to be the size of a volleyball) -- having my hysterectomy actually freed me from the pain.

So -- DO NOT feel badly if you are in need of pain medication. Give your body what it needs to heal and most of all be kind to yourself.

Best wishes to all --

Kim
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:58 AM

Kim I feel the same as you. I have completely stopped all of my meds because I am so used to being in an extreme amount of pain. I may take an ibuprofen when I go to sleep just because I don't want any pains to wake me up more than I already wake up (kids coming in room, hubby coming in to check on me, or using the bathroom). The pain I am experiencing from my surgery is like the cramps I would experince any other time of the month. I feel that not depending on pain meds will allow me to feel any changes that may take place in my body. If I overdo it I will know sooner than later so I will stop what I am doing before making an even bigger mistake. Take for example the other day. I thought that because I was feeling so well I could have a day out. I got up and did the laundry and the dishes, my mom and grandmother came over and we went out for lunch with my kids then we came home and they went swimming while I sat poolside and watched. I did not think I was overdoing it but yesterday and today I am paying for it. I am getting nervous because my husband will go back to work on Monday. What will I do? I have three small children (ages 7, 4 and 2) and they need lots of attention. The baby is still in a crib, which we are hoping to put her in a "big girl bed" before he goes back to work, and she needs hands on attention that as of right now I can not give her. I will go back to my post-op follow-up on Friday and I don't think he will say "Sure you can go from not lifting anything over 10 lbs to lifting a 25 lb child within two weeks of having a major surgery." Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can manage to do this after he goes back to work? Should he take more time off? AAAGGGHHH!!! Sorry, just venting a little.
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM

2 weeks out from June 26 TAH/BSO I feel good, tired at night. I also have lupus and am managing that at the same time. How do you keep your incicsion clean? Only instruction was to let h2o run over it and blot it dry.
Glad to be getting back to feeling better. Stairs are okay and short walks are good. See surgeon on the 16th of july

Mommy124
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Tweety,

Not to scare you, but post op fevers and nausia are nothing to be messed around with. You could have a post op infection. Call your doctor right away. With prompt care, these things are cleared up fast and easy.

I let mine go 10 days and got very, very sick (ignoring fever and nausia) You're probably fine, but you should take the safest route. Call and say you think you might have a post op infection. I am sure they will see you right away.

Let us know how it turns out.

Kim
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:23 AM

Yes, I'm going completely stir-crazy, although I wouldn't feel like going back to work today, day 11 post-op. The WORST is not being able to drive myself anywhere. Overeating is a temptation. Just try to have lots of fruits and veggies and don't even let the junk food into the house. Also, some of your weight gain may be the fluids that were pumped into you during/after the op. I lost only 6 lbs. and am struggling to keep it off! I am very hungry. Also I drink several different fiber drinks (orange Citrucal, chocolate Citrucel, benefiber, etc.) to fill up my stomach, stay regular and not snack too much.
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:37 AM

Hi Kris,

The oozing sounds awful. I had a Jackson Prep drain in the hospital, which was the most disgusting thing I have ever experienced. Anyone else have one? It is like a little bell thing with a drain inserterted into your abdonimal area. It is supposed to drain that fluid you speak of. Anyway, when they took it out, I felt like I was in that scene from the Matrix where they remove the "bug" from Neo. So unimaginably weird.

Ashley, do you have anyone to help with the little one? Could you find a babysitter for part of the day? My husband went right back to work, but our twins are 11 and hve been amzingly helpful. The worst thing is that they are bored a lot. Their friends are on vacation. The other thing is that my kids have grown up a lot in the last two weeks...a two year old is different, but maybe the carrying and lifting just needs to be reduced. Kids are a lot more resiliant than we mom's usually want to think!

Okay, I am very happy today because phone and cable are getting turned back on (we had moved to China right when all this happend and had to come back). Yippee phone!

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register