Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Congrats, Amoore, on the good night's rest! Isn't it amazing how excited we get over something that USED to be so common. It's definitely a feat to sleep well.

Fasabc, do you have any internal stitches? I would be worried about having sex so soon because of my internal stitches. I'm still bleeding, which is a sign that things inside aren't finished healing.

I went to the urogynecologist to see why my bladder was having a heavy pushing sensation. He made me empty my bladder (and test the urine) and did an ultrasound on my bladder. Everything is okay except I have a 3 cm cyst on my right ovary, which wasn't there during my surgery on the 29th. He said women usually get cysts on their ovarie as part of the egg release, but they only get to 2 cm. So that could be why I'm having so much pain/pressure, and it's all on the right side. He said the cyst will reabsorb itself. I guess it's a sign that my ovaries are "working"?

Drove 6 hours yesterday and survived, just tired. I'm starting to feel like my old self, just easily and quickly tired. Still bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM

Hello ladies!

Well, I'm 2 weeks post-op and I'm feeling great! I have been up, moving and I just started driving. I still move slowly, and feel achy at tims, but overall I am feeling so good! My MD and the surgeon that did my (5!) hernia repairs are both so pleased with my recovery.

I hope that all of you start feeling great soon!
to all of you!
Unread 07-11-2007, 10:13 AM

I can't believe some of you are driving so far!! I'm driving again (2 weeks post-op) but I'm very sore if I go more than 30 minutes and then I can't do much when I get there. Those of you that are taking long drives, did you have an abdominal or vaginal procedure? The idea of even riding in a car for 6 hours is beyond me right now!! I'm still using a rolled up towel under the seatbelt to protect my incision. Maybe I'll be where you are soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2007, 10:30 AM

PattiJoA I am so glad that they found that everything is ok. Did they tell you how long it should take for the cyst to reabsorb? I hope it will not be too long. What about your pain? How much longer do you have to go through that? I will say a prayer for you that you will be rid of that pestering cyst and the pain it is creating very soon. Patti, how did you guys fair with the storms the other day. I see that you are near Charlotte and they were pounded. I grew up in Charlotte about 5 miles from Carowinds in the Steele Creek area. I really miss that area. My best friend still lives in Charlotte and my other great friend now lives in the Lake Wylie area. I am trying to recover quickly because I am going to be going down there for a visit. How did you manage a 6 hour trip so soon after surgery? I can imagine you were exhausted once you got to your destination. Take it easy and I hope your pain eases soon.
Unread 07-11-2007, 10:32 AM

13 days post op for abdominal hystectomy salpingo oophorectomy..feeling emotional, tired and my pain level is about a 5. Been walking a lot. I know I'm probably overdoing things.....
Unread 07-11-2007, 10:58 AM

Hi ladies. I have some questions for anyone who can help. First of all, my surgery started out as an abdominal lap. hyster., but the doc switched in the middle of the procedure because my uterus was too big and prolapsed. He took it vaginally. He said my cervix was damaged, but he repaired it and kept it. I thought you coulndn't keep your cervix with a vaginal hysterectomy. Anyone out there with a similar experience?

Next topic-bladder infection . I ran a temperature for a week after surgery. Doc put me on tetracycline, but pain in bladder started again after prescript. ran out. He started me on a more potent antibiotic yesterday, and now my throat and tongue hurt. My tongue looks a little freaky too- kind of coated. Is this thrush??? I feel like a hypochondriac. I just want to start feeling normal again. Anyone out there with any simialr experience?

Dee
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:14 AM

2 weeks post op today and feeling a little better each day. I actually made dinner ALL by myself, lol. Mind you it was just putting a lasagne in the oven, green bean salad and garlic bread, so a real easy meal. But the fact that I did it myself was an accomplishment!!!! DS cleaned up for me though.

Have been given the okay to drive, but I don't feel my body is ready quite yet, so still holding off on that. Like my DS told me my body will let me know when it feels its up to it. So no need to rush it, not like there's anywhere I HAVE to be anyways, lol. I keep remembering all the ladies that have said, you only get ONE time to heal properly from the get go. So thats what I'm doing listening to my body!!!

Alge, only thing I do know is it sounds like YEP you got thrush from the antibotic, I've had that happen in the past, and needed another script to get rid of that. Hope you feel better asap. Have patience you and the rest of us will feel normal once again in time.
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:15 AM

Dee,
Sounds like it could be thrush.... just add one more pill to your daily regimen
Sounds like you're having a tough time, I hope things get better for you!
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Day 13: did NOT sleep last night. I was having these weird bladder pains from about dinner time on, and I think it spooked me. Just my urethra hurt. No bladder pain, no pain with peeing, but when I was just sitting there, this weird pain. I am like, "Oh, here is! A complication!" but this morning (Thank God) the pain is gone. Whew.

Anyway, have people slipped into a resting "schedule"? I have been really amazed to find myself doing the same exact things at the same time every day. Normally in my life I would have a schedule so packed with things as to make a person's head spin. Now it is packed with enforced relaxation. Here is my new convalescent schedule:

*DH wakes me at 7 to take nasty blue antibiotic that has to be taken alone
*Doze and dream and think occasionaly terrible thoughts until 9:30
*Get up and have one cup of coffee and one toaster waffle while checking email (kids are 11 and have turned into teenagers this summer: sleeping until noon) and hyster sisters website
*Have a bowel movement (I know this sounds odd, but it is a big production these days!)
*Take nasty whilte antibiotic, three other nasty pills (mark time to take 12 hours later)
*Shower
*DH comes home from work to take me on my walk. We live 1.5 miles from the beach so each day go a little more and back, with eventual goal of hitting the ocean
*Make lunch for kids (really their breakfast) and myself
*Put two big pillows on the lounge chair outside and take my lunch and book outside
*read and eat for about an hour (it has been really, really cold in Santa Cruz lately but I force myself to spend some time outside)
*Chore Time (Light chores such as laundry or pulling up covers on beds)
* Hang out with kids time. Sometimes this devolves into me watching them on the computer, but still...
*Either I make dinner or (if DH has no meeting) we go out to eat
*Read, maybe a little email, talk to DH
*Take nasty blue pill
*Watch TV or movies (actually, this is where I recline in bed and feel my incision through my panties and worry about recovery while only half paying attention to the TV)
*Take nasty white pill and Tylenol PM
*Go to sleep
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:44 AM

LOL That's about it for me too. It has been kinda nice. I am not frustratingly bored like I thought I would be. Maybe that comes later. I do now fully comprehend the saying "contemplating your navel" because I do that daily. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register