Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Slowly Recovering From LSH

Had an LSH (uterus only) on June 28th @ 730am, woke up in the recovery room after Noon and stayed overnight at the castle. Due to the extensive amount of work they had to do to remove my oversized, inverted uterus, the incision site on the left-hand-side is very painful. I'm glad I stayed overnight, as I have had trouble getting comfortable since coming home.

The best 3 things I packed for the castle were:
1) Macks Ear Plugs
2) Eye Mask
3) Peppermint Tea Bags

The ear plugs and eye mask allowed me to get lots of sleep that night at the castle (~ 9 hours - although not all at one time).

I continue to take percoset and motrin on a schedule for pain. I experience the most pain when going from a fully reclined position to a sitting postion; and back again.

For now, I'm trying to 1) Rest; 2) Drink Water; 3) Walk.

Thanks to everyone for their incredible support, ideas and prayers...it made all the difference.

Melissa
LSH (Uterus Only) - 06/28/2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Home from the castle

I was fortunate to only need my uterus removed on 6/27/, still have the ovaries and not worrying about early menopause now.
It took me till Friday morning to pass and gas and nurses were all very good with me. Only had to take pain meds really the first night I was in the
The best part was the doc didn't have to cut around my belly button like originally thought, so the pain has been extremely managable even since before I left for home.
So glad to be through this and the wonderful support of s I have made through here.
Unread 07-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Tah 6/27

Hi Everyone! I had my TAH on the 27th - I'm now an official . My ovaries looked better than expected so they were allowed to stay. Scar tissue was much worse than expected so surgery took about 3 hours. I'm home after a difficult roommate and happy to be here. I'm resting comfortably, mostly just sore if I try to change positions. Things seem to be going well, I just feel very swollen - anyone else?

Thanks for all the pre-op support! Good luck to everyone with their recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

I am 6 days recovery now. TVH with TVT, adenomyosis strongly suspected now, waiting on path report, turned out I didn't need the anterior repair, yet, that is. Doc said I might be able to go 10 years or so before I need surgery done for rectum & bladder, but it will needed. Felt really good in recovery room, more uncomfortable than in pain. PCOA pump was great to have when needed. I had a hard time sleeping the first night, but Tues the catheter & IV were taken out & slept better than I have in months!!! I did suffer with nausea & threw up once. Didn't hurt too bad, think because I knew it was coming & tried to relax every muscle before it hit. They gave me phengran for that. I voided very well when catheter was removed! Yippee Had a few bladder spasms, gave me some meds for that. I didn have BM on Tues. morning. I haven't had a problem with that part. Took some MOM when I got home along with 2 Fiber Choice Chewable Tablets. I think they have helped with BM. Got to come home on Wed about noon. Very glad to have had tummy pillow for 15 min ride home. Don't have to worry about lifting 5 lbs! I don't have the strength to carry my own plate to the table! I'm walking around the house for about 10 minutes at a time. Showering makes me tired as does the walking. My biggest problems now are hemorroids and my left leg is still numb & tingly.
Unread 07-01-2007, 03:17 PM

Hi fellow sisters!!! Finally got to go home last night. My surgery went well. Had a little trouble on the left side(had to make larger incision and stitches), very sore on left but right is pretty much pain free. Still no bm but lots of gas!! Very tired, so far no mood swings though. My back is killing me from the fibro and belly has swelled enormously!!! but I wear it with pride! Hubby and daughter have been wonderful, however pets have been very worried about me and keep trying to walk all over me which hurts at times. Been very blessed to find all the wonderful support from my sisters on this sight. Thanks. Having a little wheezing from anesthesia and asthma and docs totally messed up my sugars but they are slowly coming back to normal. My main problem was pain from the catheter when I was in hospital. It's good to be home. Thanks for everything! More later
Tweety#1
Unread 07-01-2007, 04:06 PM

Hello, fellow sisters. I just got home this morning and have slept most of the day. The surgery went well, although my bladder had adhered to my uterus. Lots of scar tissue to work around but the dr. expected that. They found an aneurysm which I need to take care of. However, I am pleasantly surprised how much easier this surgery was compared to my C-sections. I took less pain medication, was up and about sooner and even slept on my tummy the first night.
Glad to be home but feeling alittle queasy, not sure why. I need to relax abut my house and THAT will be hard....but I need to listen to my fellow sisters and the dr. of course.

Thank you so much for all the support! And now, back to bed for another rest.

Liz
Unread 07-01-2007, 04:59 PM

Got a chuckle out of your grocery store experience. I had an abdominal hyst on Monday and visited the grocery store on Saturday! I felt the same way........stupid, stupid, stupid!
Unread 07-02-2007, 05:57 AM

Hi ladies. Had my LAVH/LSO on Friday the 29th. Had an awful experience in the hospital.. no rooms on the floor I should have been on so got stuck in the cardiac floor where I was left to be miserable. Had a blowout w/ my nurse Saturday morning and was finally moved to the correct floor around 2pm saturday. The pain has been manageable but am bleeding pretty good now. Probably going to call the dr and find out how much is too much. My arm looks like someone beat me up where the iv was.. literally have a HUGE 4 inch purple and black bruise. This has not been fun. I"m glad to be home and it all be over with. Just hope the bleeding tapers off.
Unread 07-02-2007, 07:09 AM

Had LSH on 6/25. Was able to keep ovaries and cervix -- thank goodness. Surgery took over 2 hours due to large size of uterus and fibroids. Yesterday (Sunday) was the first day I felt somewhat "human". My motto is "One Day at a Time". I feel totally wiped out. Pain isn't bad now. I can't imagine doing the grocery store thing. I've barely ventured out onto our back deck to sit outside. Emotions kicked in about 2 days post-op but my husband and mom got me through it. I'm very bruised and carrying a pillow around with me is imperative. Although it feels good to laugh -- it hurts. As I said -- "One Day at a Time".
Unread 07-02-2007, 07:10 AM

Happy to report that I'm home and recovering well from my TVH/BSO with cystocele repairs on 6/27. Luckily, my doctor decided to just stitch the bladder instead of using a mesh sling. I had a long wait before surgery, as it took a looong time in surgery for the woman having a hysterectomy before me. The Foley catheter is a big inconvenience, but at least I'm mobile and have been walking from time to time. I finally had my bowel movement yesterday after lots of water, apples, raisins, coffee, and stool softener, and feel like I may have lost 10 pounds after that! The pain has been manageable from the beginning (very happy for the PCA morphine) and I'm just on Motrin now.

Glad to see so many who've made it through the worst of it! Keep on keeping on!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register