Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Hi ladies. I'm 16 days post -op today, and I'm feeling good except for strange pains on my right side that feel like ovulation. Does anyone think I could be ovulating this soon after surgery? I kept both ovaries, and it is about that time of my cycle, but I figured surgery would mess that up.

New topic- I am loving my skin! I have struggled with hormonal breakouts since I had my first two kids (17 years ago). I teach middle school, so it's pretty embarrassing to have breakouts worse than your students at age 36! Anyway, my skin has been fabulous since the surgery. No new breakouts! Also, it isn't as oily. I am finding that I use less of my powder and other make-up essentials because everything looks alright. Anyone else ever hear of this? I hope it's a change that is here to stay!

I'm off to see the new Harry Potter movie with hubby and my 17 year old son. My daughters aren't too into Potter, so they are going to Grandma's house. I can't wait for the new book. Any other Potter junkies out there? I read a lot, and I'm telling you guys these books are great. And it gives me something to talk about with my students besides the quadratic formula. Middle school kids are hysterical. They are always surprised to find out that math teachers actually read.

Hope everyone is feeling good and finding fun things to do!

Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 02:35 PM

I'm 16 days post op, too. The biggest "improvement" has been: no more bleeding!!! Today's the first day. I'm still wearing a pantiliner because my bladder has given me surprises, but today even that has been almost non-existent.

Like Kim (Sage), I was excited about having DH home today so we could run around town. I dragged all morning (just plain tired) and we didn't leave until 2. We dropped off DS at the mall & went to Lowes Home Improvement and Walmart. We were home by 4, and I was so tired.

Kim, I'm ovulating too. I had my period the week before surgery, so the timing is right. My boobs are huge and aching. I saw Dr. on Wed and he did an ultrasound on my bladder... he told me I had an ovarian cyst. He then explained that ovaries get cysts all the time in connection with egg release. So, he confirmed I was ovulating. It's a good thing, it means things are still working.

I saw the Harry Potter movie on Wed, it was pretty good. The last scene at the Ministry of Magic was done very well. Of course, it's all just setting up for book/movie #6. Are you planning to get the book next week? Mine's coming in the mail & will arrive on date of release. I'm trying to get my present book finished so I'll be ready for it.

Here's hoping everyone's recovery is getting better EVERY DAY!!!!
Unread 07-14-2007, 04:12 PM

Well, here I am 16 days post-op. It's my time of the month as well. The moodiness has kicked in and I'm trying not to get depressed and/or turn into a raging psychopath. :burning: I'm pretty much housebound (DR won't let me drive yet and no one to take me out). Help!! I'm so very very bored and I'm running out of Pop Tarts.

I'm having a very slight brown discharge the last few days. No fever, so I'm assuming the stitches are starting to dissolve. My incision is tender and has a few hard spots. My swelly belly is monumental (least it seems like it to me ).

My discomfort and pain seems to change daily. Just when I think I've stopped hurting in one location, some new twinge or ouchie surfaces. Of course with every new discomfort comes new worry about whether I'm healing properly or not.

I've been able to do some walking outside despite the sweltering heat. I can't go far. Well I could go far, but all these dang hills around my place are too rough for my sore belly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellda
I decided to walk to the drugstore and back, which is about a 3 mile walk. I have been doing a lot of walking but I guess this was too far for me for now. (
Wow--three miles is a long way. I've been walking too--but only about a mile a day. One of the good things about it is that my husband has gone walking with me most days. I started walking regularly about 6 weeks before surgery--so it's not like totally new for me.

When I walk to the grocery store (about a mile round trip) I just have to make sure I don't overload my dh with things to carry!

Keep walking--but not too much!
Unread 07-15-2007, 06:59 AM

Well, let's see.. I am 16 days post op I believe now... feeling a little down that nothing went the way I was expecting. Have to go back to the dr tomorrow afternoon b/c of the horrible increase of pain that I'm told I shouldn't be having. The nurse sounded like she thought it might be an infection but no fever which she said was a good sign but sounded very concerned that I was able to go off the percocet and the pain has suddenly increased back to where I want to take it (trying not to but would like to). My dr won't be there tomorrow so have to see someone else who I haven't before... fun fun fun.

Don't think the ovary that is left is working yet. Crying over everything... yesterday it was b/c I wanted a funnel cake... stupid reason huh?!?! Then I cried like 3 times while I watched the movie Premonition.. dh got a good chuckle out of that. My skin is a mess. Never one for break outs by any means but half my face is oily and then my jaw line is so dry it's peeling?!?!

I just REALLY wished I felt better. I am determined to go to Kohls and buy some new towels today (on sale big time) but don't feel like even sitting up on here much less pushing myself to walk. Well, Ihope everyone is having a good day and are feeling better then me!!!
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:04 AM

Yesterday I woke up feeling great!!! I went with my mom and kids to play putt-putt, went to the movie "Ratatouille", went out for lunch and went with DH to Target. I was extremely exhausted when I came home so I went straight to bed. About 2am I woke up with lots of cramping so I took some Ibuprofen and finally fell back asleep about 2 hours later. When I got up this morning I went to use the bathroom and when I sat down I had a few drops of red blood fall in the toilet and when I wipped there was red blood on the paper as well. I don't know if I should be concerned. Since my surgery I have not bleed bright red blood at all. It went from a light brown to a light tan color and now it is bright red again. Does anyone know if I should be concerned or is it normal for something like this to happen? Thanks!
Unread 07-15-2007, 08:59 AM
chills and flu like symptoms

hi- had surg 6/27, uterus, tubes ovaries out-had PID/pain/fevers. home now over a week and started getting flu-like symptoms eg. chills and fatigue and sweats accompanied by diarrhea<- had this since surgery and IV antibiotics though and using the questran(I have IBS)-temperature is normal thus far. is this my hyperthyroidism out of wack or my IBS or menopause? am taking questran for the pre existing diarrhea/IBS and gas-x for the gas and bloating-I also take meds faithfully for my thyroid. saw dr/gyn for 2 week post op check up fri, (2 days ago), he said incision site is closed and looks great. told me to go home and start doing things even drive! spoke to assisting surgeon on phone same day he doesnt agree with getting out there so fast and i am not ready. i have discomfort at incision site and easily fatigued and not so steady. but now this new thing i mentioned earlier has me afraid i may have an infection in my cervix that didnt totally go away with the surgery, or somewhere even though there is no fever. i live alone and am getting an aide 2 hrs a day mon thru fri for the next 2 weeks to help me out. my son is 10 and is living with his Dad temporarily and wants to come home. I just cant do it. i am panicking. the hospital care was a nightmare. don't feel right-this i know. not sure who to call though. gyn who did surgery, assisting surgeon or my Endocrinologist. or is this normal as long as i dont have a fever? is this part of the healing process with everything changing?
Unread 07-15-2007, 09:14 AM

Buffditto,

I kept my cevix and I am still having bright red bleeding. We had surgery a couple of days apart, so I think this can be normal. My doc told me to expect it.

I've got problems with my bowels as well. Before surgery, I had problems with not being able to go because things were so swollen, then going constantly when things went down. After surgery, things got normal- for the first time in like 12 years, but now I am back to going like 6-7 times a day. Any time I eat, I have to go. I had 2 bladder infections since surgery, so I think the antibiotics are freaking out my bowels a bit. I am very sensitive to meds.

About the bleeding, my doc said not to worry unless it is heavier than a period, accompanied by fever or severe pain.

Good luck!
Dee
Unread 07-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Good morning everyone. Today I went to church with DH. Made it through part of the service, but the seats were so uncomfortable, I had to leave early. Sigh. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Here's wishing my fellow princesses lots of rest today.

Nancy
TAH/BSO with endo, fibroids, adeno, and enlarged uterus
Unread 07-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Under the weather today....

Hi, I am 15 days post op today after a subcervical abdominal hysterectomy for a fast growing fibroid that reached soccer ball proportions before being removed. I have felt GREAT up until today with some discomfort and back pain. Today I feel dizzy, tired and a little nauseous. I sneezed yesterday and felt like I busted a gut. I have had night sweats every night since my sugery. Could it be I have be that I have been doing to much to feel this way?I did drive to a party yesterday, but sat in a chair all day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register