Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Hi Kathy
Yes, I have been driving a few times during the past week. My doctor said when I can stomp on the brake and twist to see out the back window I can drive. So I did. I did not feel good the first time, but the second time and after that was fine.
I don't do any long distances though, only 20 Min. at a time to town, or to a friends, my daughter's workplace, my sons' sports events etc. Nothing strenuous for me. I guess listen to your body. I have never been dizzy while driving though. It just feels good to be out.
Cheers
Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 12:10 PM

Well I had everything (hyster, recto, cysto, bladder) done vaginally and until today no problem. I was in the shower when some bright red blood started dripping passed a few bright clots, not dark ones. I had only spotted pink tinge before. Called the Dr. office, of course my Dr. is in Africa on a hunting expedition right now. (Good for him, he deserves a break).

Well I was told that the stitches start to come out around this time, and some bleeding is normal. So I am picturing my insides not being held together! I have not been sitting around since my surgery since I haven't had any discomfort, but now I am sitting here and am not getting up! I figure now that the stitches are coming out, I had better baby myself until I heal enough not to have bright red bleeding.

Anybody else experience this????

Brenda
Unread 07-17-2007, 02:52 PM

I almost hate to post cause I'm feeling great. Sorry, gals, hopefully you all will too soon. I'm 3 weeks yesterday. I worked 3 days last week for 8 hours each day. Ds went with me & helped, I can't do anything over 7 lbs now. He's been helping me with the housework. I can rinse dishes, wipe cabinet, & pick lil things up, mostly giving him directions as to what needs to be done. He & I went fishing today. We live across the street from the lake here, so I drove around the corner to the fishing dock. I just needed to get out of the house for awhile. Felt a little strange to drive after 3 weeks. I still get tired pretty quick. I am having to stop myself from doing things I'd regret though. Sat. night we went to the drive in to see Ratatouile sp? & Transformers, bother were good movies btw. Sitting for that long was hard. I don't have my post-op appt. until 6 weeks. Anyone else having to wait that long? I am fighting the boredom though. I've been putting a puzzle together, doing my cross-stitch, reading, watching tv, & working suduko, but I'm soooo ready to be able to do more. I'll wait til doc says I can but it's soooooo hard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 02:59 PM
3 weeks post op

Hi all, well I am 3 weeks post-op and feel like I am moving backwards. I had some issues(not surg related) at 2weeks post op and think that all the emontional stuff set me back some. I am going to start work for 4-6 hours a day if I can handle it. If I had to go today I think I would just DIE. I am soooo tired.

Anyone getting dizzy spells? They are not bad but make me feel like I am moving.

Okay well goodluck to all
Unread 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnnm
Hi all, well I am 3 weeks post-op and feel like I am moving backwards. I had some issues(not surg related) at 2weeks post op and think that all the emontional stuff set me back some. I am going to start work for 4-6 hours a day if I can handle it. If I had to go today I think I would just DIE. I am soooo tired.

Anyone getting dizzy spells? They are not bad but make me feel like I am moving.

Okay well goodluck to all
I'm day 19 post-op and feel worse than I did my first week in some ways. When we compare ourselves to each other, we need to notice what type of surgery we each had. The recovery from abdominal surgery is usually longer than vaginal surgery. Although I don't have the dizziness (I'm using only ibuprofen and acetaminophen for the pain) I am bored, restless, sad, frustrated and weepy. My sis-in-law, who's a nurse, said that week one often isn't so bad because you're euphoric with relief that the op is over. Also, you don't expect that much of yourself and people are still helping you. As you move around more and people don't help as much, you can actually have set-backs. My incision spilt open and it is irritating every time I move. (It happened in the hospital and I was shown how to care for it.) No infection, redness or weird discharges, just irritating. Tomorrow I see my surgeon and I hope she says everything is OK. But I still don't feel like driving and that is driviing me nuts!!!
Unread 07-17-2007, 03:31 PM

Hi all, I am kinda having a weird evening so I thought I would check in with you ladies to see if anyone has something similar...

I've been feeling cramps and gas pains for the past hour or so. Already had a BM today so don't think that's it. Tried to have some gas with no luck. Tried to pee-- didn't have to.

Then I got to thinking maybe my bladder was having spasms. The cramps are low and in the front. Tried to pee again.. nothing. So I figured I would "self cath" (I had a some urinary retention issues after the sling) and see if there was any pee. So I got my mirror out and straddled it so I could see what I was going to do... and guess what I saw... "white string". It's in my vagina. I touched it and then smelled the most GROSS smell. Needless to say, I quickly cathed myself-- only 30ml urine-- and got out of there.

Now what the heck did I see.. are those the internal stitches? Has anyone else looked down there? It looks like a tampon string.

I did search the board and it sounds like that's what they are. But weird...

Strange.. very strange...
Unread 07-17-2007, 03:33 PM

rnmn -

Yes! I felt like I was moving. Like, when you've been on a boat for a long time and you get back on land and still feel like you're moving! When you all said you were dizzy, I didn't think you meant the same thing. My moving thing stopped about four or five days ago. I think we should find out what this is. It can't be from any meds since I am still on the same things and had stopped all pain meds long before.

Kim
Unread 07-17-2007, 03:48 PM

Hannah,
A tampon string? I don't know what type of sutures your doctor used, but mine said she used gut (looks clearish-tan) and vicryl (can be white or purple). She said the gut sutures start coming out at 2-4 weeks, and the vicryl comes out at 4-6 weeks. I haven't had anything remotely like what you're having, and we had the same surgery on the same day.
I would probably call your doctor, because once sutures are tied in a knot, it doesn't seem like it would come out in a long string...
Hope you figure out what's going on!
Let me know so in case I see one!
Jane
Unread 07-17-2007, 04:02 PM

Today is day 20 for me. Today I am feeling more hopeful. Maybe because tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my surgery? I felt better my third week, but I think it was harder/longer than the first two weeks just because I was getting so tired of not feeling good. I have my check up next week--so that's encouraging to know that it's not as far away as it used to be.

I amanxious to get back to real life. But trying to be extra careful not to do anything to jeopardize my recovery. Some days I think I should actually try to accomplish something--I have a big writing project that I'm already way behind on. But even though I seem to be doing great--it's still enough just to try to keep up with my kids and do a little light housework.

My other frustration is just not being able to enjoy playing music (piano/viola) like I usually do. I just don't have the energy or the stamina to play for very long yet. Who'd have thought? I didn't have surgery on my hands!

It helps so much to read all of your messages! Thanks everybody. Blessings to you.
Unread 07-17-2007, 04:07 PM

Heather

I wonder if maybe they left something in there that was not supposed to be left. I know when I was waking up I overheard the dr telling the nurse that they needed to do an xray because they were missing a needle. I just wonder if maybe when they were putting in your sutures they lost one in there. Did you save what you pulled out so you could take it in to your dr? I would call and see if maybe they could tell you what it was.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register