Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Hi Everyone,
Here I am at 24 days and today and yesterday I feel like I am pinching something in my vagina. I had a lavh and it hurt a little when I came home but quit hurting a few days after home. Is anyone feeling the same? Not sure what is causing it, not enough pain to take meds just annoying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 11:08 AM

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd check in. I am sorry for those dealing with struggles right now. I am doing OK, slow going still. Was able to do Costco the other day with dh but have been staying home otherwise.

Has anyone else had more gas than usual? I can't figure it out since I am eating normal. I get it just from drinking water. I don't know if things are looser or what but it's kind of annoying because the only time my incision hurts is when I have gas! LOL

I also noticed "vaginal gas" does anyone have that? Gawd. I hope they didn't stretch me out any more than I already was?! Is it OK to do Kegels?

My appetite is definitely back and has been for a few days now. I think I gained back the 6 lbs I lost. Sigh.

My 2 older kids are at their bio-dad's for 3 weeks so I am home alone with the 3 year old during the day. It is more challenging than I thought, since he was used to his sister helping him with stuff. I am enjoying the alone time with him though, we've missed each other.
Unread 07-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Hi all, forgive me, I'm gonna whine a little here.

3 weeks out. I guess I'm feeling let down a bit. I expected to be nearly rid of pain by now. Oh well. On the one hand, I'm able to move around very well. The difficulties with getting up from bed or chair, turning over in bed or just moving naturally have almost vanished. But the tenderness and burning throughout my abdominal area persists as do some residual, slight tearing sensations. My pain level seems to constantly be at a 3 or 4 even when I take a narcotic pain killer. I'm just so tired and frustrated with living in discomfort.

I'm so fortunate that I can come here and interact with all my fellow Hystersisters though. Reading all your posts and sharing in your experiences is keeping me sane.

Thank you, thank you all you wonderful ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Buddakitty, I am definitely with you on this. I was nowhere near expecting all I've been dealing with nor the level of pain! I am 3 weeks today also. Found out I have a cyst on the remaining ovary which may be contributing. They took urine today to check for a bladder infection. And I have a kidney stone which has been around since before January which has now doubled in size to 3mm which I will eventually have to have taken care of also. The dr wants me to see a GI dr. about possible IBS which may be adding to my pain which I had never been diagnosed with. It just seems like one thing after another and none of it I was expecting. Congrats to the ladies who are up and feeling wonderful and huge huge hugs to the rest of us who just can't quite get there yet!!!!
Unread 07-20-2007, 12:55 PM

I have another thought - this darn belly pain is not going away and I wonder if it is because I am overweight. I mean the fat just hangs there all day at its lowest point you know what I mean? Maybe that is making it more sore longer, and would explain why it is all right at the bottom of my 'pouch' that hangs over the incision. Are there any thin sisters out there who can vouch for no belly sunburn? I am just curious. Not like I can drop 40 lbs fast enough to make it go away...
Unread 07-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Well I am only 117 right now and my tummy is still tender so I can't say whether weight has anything to do with it. It hurts to the touch so I have no clue on that one.
Unread 07-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Karen,

I'm thin, and I have managed my pain well with Ibuprofen. I have a ledge above my incision and I get swelly belly by the end of the day. I rest in the afternoons with an ice pack. But I haven't had the sunburn you describe since the first week. I had a TAH/BSO, but no repair work to bladder. I'm able to walk about a mile in the evenings, and that has helped me build my strength. I don't know if my good healing so far is because I'm thin or just lucky. I'm 51, and have only a 4-year-old granddaughter around in the evenings. After hearing from our sisters who are struggling with their healing while taking care of kids, I'm glad I was able to wait until I was 51 to have the surgery.

Nancy
TAH/BSO with endo, enlarged uterus, adenomyosis, and fibroids
Unread 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM

I have the ledge too. I hate it. I lost 17 pounds with this whole process, gained back 7 and want to keep the 10 off, but for the last three weeks I had to just eat what I could, which has turned into "eating what I want." Which has turned into cheeseburgers. Lol. Okay, so tomorrow I am going to go back to trying to eat healthy. I have had my last Ben and Jerry's for a while just now. Also, now that the antibiotics are over, I am thinking of adding some immunity boosting and energy boosting multi vitamins. I had severe displaysia and the last thing I want is for that to come back as vaginal displaysia! Yikes.

Kim
Unread 07-20-2007, 02:51 PM

It's day 23! The last two days were my best days yet. Then last night I had trouble sleeping--and of course--I've been very tired today. I did manage to get a short nap--(I have 4 kids at home making noise & playing their instruments so sometimes that's a challenge).

Wednesday when I napped on the couch our golden retriever thought I was strange (who knows why?) and started barking at me like I was a stranger in the house. Needless to say, I didn't feel too sleepy after that!

Sisters, if you haven't had a chance to read the "What's your positives" thread--it's a good dose of laughter and celebration. It's worth checking out.
Unread 07-20-2007, 03:44 PM

20 days post op...

I slept better last night than I have since surgery. I didnt sleep great, but better, only getting up three times to pee. My bladder still feels sore when full and emptying. Weird.

I also drove today for the first time. Only about 3 miles round trip (to the grocery store and back) but it felt good to do.

I'm really hoping I start to feel closer to normal (physically and emotionally) soon, so that I can enjoy some of my time off of work this summer.

Hope my sisters are all doing a little bit better today.

Despina

PS - I've noticed that that horrible vaginal stench is slowly subsiding - what was that anyway???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register