Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Wow, lots of you are going back to work. I don't think I could do it. If I go to the grocery store I have to come home and rest! I did take my kids and a friend of my daughter's out to lunch and to buy some toys yesterday. I felt grouchy the entire time for no reason. Luckily they are 11, and ignore me.

Here is something fun for anyone home today: QVC is doing Christmas in July special for the next day or two. I was watching and realized that by the holidays we should all be feeling energetic and recovered. I decided to plan for a great holiday and watching this show was kind of a kick. Plus, they do have some cute things and good deals.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 11:13 AM

Four weeks today! I go for my check up tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the doctor says.

I'm recovering well. Most of the pain is gone--just a vague "uncomfortable" feeling at times. Hurray--I haven't had to take much Tylenol the last few days. I think I've lived on constant pain killers forever! But not now.

Today I even felt good enough to press my 4 kids into playing fiddle tunes with me. It was really good to be playing together again. (We live for music out our house--piano, violin, viola, guitar, banjo, etc.)

Just wish I could finally sleep more than 5 or so hours at night before my bladder wakes me up!

Another positive is that I've been able to talk my family into walking with me most evenings. Hope it's a habit we keep up even after I'm "recovered."

Hey, Kim--what a great thought about feeling good in time for Christmas! That's going to be so great--I have 3 birthdays in the family in December as well, plus many Christmas concerts. This year will be better!
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM

Well, for me it's getting easier to forget I even had surgery. There's hardly any pain, just an occasional twinge. I went out for 3 hours with my DS yesterday, and at the end of it, I was just tired, not exhausted. Wonderful!!!

My DH and I got a little intimate, but didn't have intercourse (following Dr's orders!). I felt a weird pull which really scared me. I'm just hoping I didn't mess something up!! And now I'm worried about when the Dr. gives us clearance, how things will go then. I should probably tell the Dr. what happened, but don't really feel comfortable giving details about what we were doing... Any suggestions?

So now, I don't even want to go near DH. I don't want to stir up anything.... And this Saturday is our 23rd anniversary... what to do, what to do...

Otherwise, all the stores are in the "back to school" frenzy and it's getting me mentally ready to go back (I'm a teacher). I have 4 kids to get ready for school, which is quite a feat. The sad thing is, this will be my last year of getting 4 kids ready... I have a senior this year!! He turns 18 tomorrow, oh no!! Hopefully, next year at this time we'll be getting him ready to go to college ...

Darn, there's goes the tears!! I haven't teared up in over a week....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 01:45 PM

Yes! 4 weeks for me also!

Congratulations Helen on your DD's engagement. My oldest DD came home from California engaged also. So, it must be engagement season!!! The wedding is July 4th in California where she lives and I am here in Florida....so far away!!

Everything seems to be going very well! Walk about every day twice a day. My DD and I went shopping for 2 hours (too long!). Have baked a blueberry cobbler, and a Coffee Cake which I am pleased since I was itching to get back in the kitchen to bake. Still lying down in the afternoons and going to bed at night praying for a good night's sleep. The family is still pampering me and still worry over me so I don't do too much!

I continue to get tired easily, cry easily, and pain in the perineal area continues...but that is all. .

On Monday I go to the Nurse Practitioner with my GYN regarding the blood work they requested I will be asking about this perineal area concern I have. My 6 week check-up with the doctor is August 7.

All of you continue your healthy recovery!
Unread 07-25-2007, 02:04 PM

Hi all,
I passed the 4 week mark last Monday. Everything seems to be going ok. I have been driving for 2 weeks, still use a beach towel on belly. I think I over did it a little yesterday, it was a perfect beach day 78 with a light breeze. So off we went, (ds & I) I didn't even get my feet wet but today I am sore.
I am really glad that I won't be going back to work until Aug 28- work in a school. I seem to get really tired in the afternoon. I have been walking most evenings, this is someting that one of the other moms at the beach & I started doing with our kids last year, some nights are longer than others.
Unread 07-25-2007, 02:37 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am into my 3 week and I feel pretty good. So good in fact I kind of over did it yesturday so I am laying around today. Just really exhausted today. No pain just the occasional buringing sensation around my belly button. DH will not let me do anything until the Aug 8 when I go see my Dr. DH, he's the best!!!! I do do lite things when he is not around because I feel so guilty laying here. Anywho, happy healing to all of you.......
Unread 07-25-2007, 05:46 PM

I'm 4 weeks out and I know I could physically return to work, but this is the first time I have ever had a summer off with my kids and I'm going to enjoy this for as long as I possibly can. I feel fortuneate to have recovered so easily.

My only complaint is that I do get tired easily, but I know that just takes time.

Good luck to all!!!!!
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Wow! I can't believe some of you have gone back to work! I had TAH on June 25th and still am not ready to go back! When I go to the dr next week it will be week 5 and I am going to ask for more time....I still have to take at least one Darvocet a day and if I do too much(light housework, walk, drive) I have to take two...it still hurts a little when I urinate or have a BM and I am still not sleeping all night! Each night I ache around my incision...maybe it is healing...I also have sharp pains occasionally too....Yesterday I rode about 30 miles with my daughter(she drove) to get her registered for this coming semester and it seemed like I felt every bump, peeble or anything else on the road! I was soooo glad to get back home! My job is about a 35 minute commute and I used up all my sick days before I had the surgery because of the awful periods I was having so I have got to be 100% before I go back...You ladies who have gone back to work better take it easy! HAPPY HEALING!!
Unread 07-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Hi Everyone,
Likewise, I can't believe how many are coping with being back at work already. I'm due back on the 6th and am worried that I won't be able to cope full time. Part time is not an option.
Yesterday was perhaps my best day ever - did 2 loads of washing, hung it out to dry (carried only a few items at a time so no heavy lifting), tidied up the house, cleaned out the top of my husband's closet (big job!), went out for lunch with him, did some grocery shopping (he did the lifting), made a nice roast for dinner, baked muffins, went for a walk, had one visitor late in the day etc. Although I felt tired last night I didn't go to sleep until about 11:30. I've been awake since 5:00am and am completely exhausted today - feel like I've been hit by a truck!!! I can hardly put one foot in front of the other and everything is such a huge effort. No specific pain, just sheer exhaustion and that awful sick feeling that comes with it.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to build up my endurance in a hurry? Any ideas gratefully received!
Hope you're all feeling better with each day....
Helen
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:58 AM

Hi! I had my 4 week post-op today from a TAH (kept ovaries) on 6/27. I thought this was a good time for my 4 good/ 4 bad list.

4 Good
1. Cleared for sex
2. Incisions (internal and external) are healing very well
3. I am up and walking and feeling pretty good most days
4. The internal exam was not half as bad as I anticipated

4 Bad
1. Cleared for sex (I'm terrified)
2. Still having some bladder issues - lots of internal swelling causing pain and some leaking
3. Frustrated that I feel well enough to get up and go but when I do I'm quickly back to the couch with my feet up
4. No #4 - I want to keep my good list longer than my bad

Happy healing everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register