Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Had a LATVH/BSO on Thursday June 28th. Surgery took about 2 hours, then to recovery then to my room. Don't remember a whole lot of that day, pretty well medicated. Woke up Friday, got up and walked a little, got discharged home at 1pm. Surgery went well, Thank GOD, he lazered off what endo he could see, and said he was glad he planned to remove my ovaries, as they were both enlarged, and he is pretty sure I had adenomyosis as well, just waiting on the pathology on the ovaries and uterus. I am pretty sore, but doing pretty well. I was taking gas-x and stool softeners. Had a small BM by late sunday night. Belly is starting to hurt really bad, think it is from lack of BM. Called the MD total, now on laxatives and lots of fruit. Hope to go soon, I think I will feel SOOOO much better. ANyway, glad to be home, glad this is all over with, can't wait to be up and around, without pain....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 06:58 PM
finally did it

After years of pain, bleeding, feeling sick etc. etc. etc. I finally went and had a tah on June 29, 2007. I still have my ovaries. They checked out ok. Had to have the abdominal surgery since there was lots of scarring after 3 c-sections. I am soooo happy this is over. Even though I feel like someone punched me in the stomach and i am quite bruised right now. I still have the staples in and need to go tomorrow to get them taken out.
Fortunately I have 3 teenagers and a supportive husband that are looking after me. Any tips on how to get back in shape without doing any damage. My bum hurts from sitting around so much. I am not used to that. Hope everyone else is feeling well.
Unread 07-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Recovering well

Hi all had my Vag Hyst 6/25. all went well and I am sooo glad it is over. But I do have words of wisdom.....REST REST REST REST. I was feeling great venturedout in the heat for dinner and cleaned up the house a bit and WHAM...the next day the vomiting started..I thought what the hecks going on...well I called the doc and long story short I was very dehydrated, even though I thought I was drinking enough, so back to the castle I went

So post-op ladies rest and drink lots of fluid like H20 and gatorade....Walmart and house cleaning will always be there GOOD LUCK ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
First Post! :)

Hi everyone! This is my first post, though I've been reading for a while here and there as I got ready to go in.

I had a total abdominal on June 27, Wednesday, in the morning. They removed uterus and cervix but declared my ovaries "beautiful" (I love that) and left them.

I checked out of the hospital on Friday evening and was SO glad. I was in 'overflow' rooms in the Oncology department and had a roommate in audible pain next to me with her husband and mother, I couldn't wait to get out of there!

After 24 hours on the morphine drip, I was only using Motrin with an occasional Norco. Norco is what they sent me home with, it is like Vicadin. I also had been given a pre-op Rx of Percoset but have yet to use it. I mainly use the Motrin and sometimes don't even think I need that. I've been amazed at that.

My biggest challenges have been coughing fits - tickles in my throat that I cannot stop and that hurt immensely! I feel like I am splitting open no matter how hard I push that pilow into my incision. Luckily they seem to have gone away, but I had them every day the first 3 days, despite doing the breathing thing - controlled coughing I can handle, but the surprise tickles kill me!

I have been really tired, taking 2 naps a day as much as possible. Not sleeping very well at night and having strange dreams that seem very real (that could be the Norco).

I am having a hard time knowing how to pace myself - I feel great so I stay up and watch a movie or play on the internet one day, and the next day I am wiped out and need more naps.

I am not really walking as much as they told me to (they said 3 walks a day 15 minutes each). It seems excessive to me and it's so hot I can't walk that long around my house, it's not that big!

I am feeling pretty good in general, but I do have a really BAD spot on my left side right at the end of the incision, so I have to be sure to push in there with my hand or pillow any time I am getting up or down or coughing. If it werent for that one spot I think I'd be off the meds completely, so I hope it heals up soon!

Thanks for listening! I am so glad I had this done. I had horrible bleeding 3 weeks out of each month with huge clots for the last 3 years. I have a new lease on life now! I know some of you can relate! Thanks for being there!
Unread 07-04-2007, 11:31 AM

Had a TVH on June 29th along with rectocele, cystocele and a bladder sling. Dr. said he had to repair the bottom, top and sides of vaginal wall so a little extra work was done then planned.

Surgery took about 2 hours, and I woke up feeling no pain. My legs were still numb from the spinal block. The only pain I have had has been in my lower back. I still take Motrin at night, but besides that I really don't feel like I've had surgery other than I can't sleep, and get tired easily.

I haven't had any problem with bm's. probably because the rectocele repair put things back where they belonged.

All my stitches are internal. I suppose I had pains that I got used to before surgery so anything I may feel now seems normal to me.
Unread 07-04-2007, 11:38 AM

You just did! Tell us how things are going with you post op, and you can look under other topics for more specific info.
Unread 07-04-2007, 11:52 AM

Thanks! edited original post.
Unread 07-04-2007, 01:08 PM

Hey all! I'm 5 days post-op. feeling better today than yesterday, mostly because I was so uncomfortable and bloated up I was dizzy! The nurses said I needed to have a b.m. by today, so this morning my dh went to the store and came home with some laxative suppositories. (tmi warning) I thought I was constipated but it turns out my 'back there" just forgot how to work. surgery shock I guess. Anyways, I feel sooooo much better now. And I discovered Tucks Witch hazel pads. Heaven.
Unread 07-04-2007, 03:47 PM

I'm reading all the posts and nodding my head off - yup, I'm feeling that; uh huh, that too. The tickle in the throat hit me my second day home (I came home 1 week ago today (Wednesday) from a TAH/BSO) and it drove me crazy. I kept a bottle of water and throat drops next to me constantly (HATE having to sleep with the stickiness of cough drops in my mouth, but it was worth it to reduce the coughing!) and finally the tickle is gone.

Sunday and Monday I felt worse than I had the previous few days, but when the Dr. took out my staples on Monday (very easy - have no worries about this, ladies) she said that it was probably the staples and I'd feel better with them out. She was right. I can actually sleep on my side for a bit without discomfort.
Words of wisdom - take it easy even when you feel good. Today I thought I could put together a simple pasta salad but the pressure needed to cut salami and cheese definitely caused discomfort, so I had to get help for that, and then I drained the cooked pasta -- OUCH. OUCH - it wasn't even in a big pot! I yelled for help again, took a few more Motrin and had to hit the couch; I still feel the discomfort. Be careful. It's so easy to overdo it without realizing what you're doing.
Recovery has been easier than I thought it would be, but except for accidental goofs like the pasta salad I've been really careful. I figure it's worth it to be bored silly now so I canget back to my regular life next month. Take care everyone!
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:33 PM

Hello. I had a Laproscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy on June 27. My uterus was the size of a 12 week pregnant woman with endometrius, fibroids, aedemyosis and pre-cancerous cells. So I am one week post-op Everything went well. When the doctor and I was talking during pre-op he said that the ovaries may have to be removed also since they seemed large. After surgery, he said that they were looking good and so I was able to keep them. I feel sore. Slow moving. I am just sitting, walking, laying, reading and crocheting. The Home Front is taking good care of me and the house. I haven't had a BM either and I am scared also. Just taking one day at a time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register