Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Good luck on your trip, Tweety #!. You have a tremendous, positive attitute which will be a real asset to you on your trip. You sound like you have been through a lot, so take the trip day by day, and take good care of yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Progress

Haven't got on until now. I'll be 5 weeks TAH/BSO (6/27) on Wed. 8/1...it's been an interesting journey. Ended up staying in the hospital 4 days and got to go home on my birthday (6/30)...Happy Bday to ME!!!! I stayed at my parents' house for 2 weeks until my post-op appt 7/10 and was able to drive, then went back to my place. I've had days where I have done too much and paid for it. Went out-of-town this weekend which was a good test as to how much I could sit around, at a conference for 2 days sitting in seminars...wasn't easy and realized I still need healing time.

Got the okay to go back to work on 8/20 and can't wait. You can only watch so much TV. I'd love to start painting and wallpapering, but don't think that's a good idea yet.

Ready to get rid of the "swelly belly" and find out how much of this is really me and what is the "swelly belly" part.

Anyway, dealing with the numbness and still having troule getting up and down out of chairs and off couches, but otherwise feel like I've done pretty well...not as bad as I thought it would be.

Tina
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Today is week 5 for me!! Still having good days and bad days. Just like Tigger I thought I was ready to sit for long periods of time,so I went to the hairdresser's last Saturday! Boy was I wrong! I was sore as if I was only 2 weeks post-op!! Is that normal? I also spotted a little on Sunday but nothing major. Also, when I went to have my staples removed was that considered a post-op? If not, I'm just having my first post-op this week on Thursday. Someone please let me know if this is the norm. I have a little more energy now, still don't get a full night's sleep and still have to take my pain meds a least three times a week and Oh yeah still having bladder and bowel issues. Will I be too whiny if I ask the dr for two more weeks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hys62507
Today is week 5 for me!! Still having good days and bad days. Just like Tigger I thought I was ready to sit for long periods of time,so I went to the hairdresser's last Saturday! Boy was I wrong! I was sore as if I was only 2 weeks post-op!! Is that normal? I also spotted a little on Sunday but nothing major. Also, when I went to have my staples removed was that considered a post-op? If not, I'm just having my first post-op this week on Thursday. Someone please let me know if this is the norm. I have a little more energy now, still don't get a full night's sleep and still have to take my pain meds a least three times a week and Oh yeah still having bladder and bowel issues. Will I be too whiny if I ask the dr for two more weeks?
Please don't call yourself names. Listen to your body, you're not whiny! If you need 2 more weeks, take them. I'm on week 5 and am wondering how I'm going to give up my rest times! I've been told that although we'll feel much better at 6 weeks, many of us will need 6 months before our complete stamina comes back.

I think staple removal isn't really considered a post-op appt. Many women I know go for their first official post-op at 4 weeks. But most I know also have minor or major complications that caused them to need other appts. before 4 weeks is up. I've gone a few times for a wound check as my incision opened up after staple removal on Day 2, so my 4 week check will actually be during week 5.

I still have trouble sitting. It is easier in a hard chair with a doughnut pillow (the foam kind that I found at Wal-Mart) which I carry in a nice tote bag and just leave the pillow in there and sit right on the tote bag so no one sees my "old lady" pillow. I forgot it the other day for a computer lesson that I went to and I was really uncomfortable compared to when I did use the pillow. It makes a huge difference.

I haven't taken anything for the pain since Saturday and I feel it sometimes a little bit, but in a way I think that's good so I don't overdo it. I'm on a very late schedule sleep-wise. I can't get to sleep at night since I stopped the Tylenol p.m.and then of course I sleep too late. I'm going to start adjusting it gradually and by taking Tylenol p.m. again, but earlier each night.

Be good to yourself. You'll heal better!
Unread 07-31-2007, 01:26 AM

Hi everyone... I finally drove the car today. Took me almost 5 weeks to get up the nerve and the funny thing is the driving was EASY, it was the walking to and standing in line at the post office that about killed me!

So then I decide I am not walking enough, I am out of breath etc, just from being so sedentary. So I got dh and the kid to take a long walk with me. I think we did 1/4 or maybe 1/2 a mile it was a really loooooooong few blocks. This after never walking at all really. Sigh, it was fine but my side ached like after you run for miles? LOL I did get a little pain on my right lower side too but that went away after about 30 min in the easy chair. I think I need to walk more. It felt good getting outside at least.

I am having an AWFUL time sleeping. If I get up earlier in the morning it doesn't seem to help. I thought the walking tonite would help. Nope. I don't want to keep relying on the tylenol PM but I don't know what else to do. I am yawning and physically tired but I just can't relax and sleep. I LOVE sleeping so this is so new to me, and it is driving me batty.

Otherwise I am feeling pretty good. Still not 100% but getting closer I guess. I am to the point where my husband thinks I should be able to do a lot more and is giving me looks when I am just laying around but I have learned to ignore him and take it easy. I keep telling him I do not want to overdo it and he agrees but I think he is just tired of having to do it all, especially with my 3 year old and his bedtime routine. It's been really nice not having to do that! LOL

Coming up this weekend I am going on a plane to Utah for a training for my home based business and I am a little nervous. It involved getting on an airport shuttle at 3:45am Friday, spending a couple hours at the airport and about 4 hours on a plane then another hour in a car to the destination. Then sitting for trainings Friday and Saturday and flying back home again. I am sure I can get by with Advil etc. but I sure hope it isn't a major setback when the weekend is through. I also have to go to the airport the very day after I get back, to pick up my 2 older kids from their bio-dad visitation, so it will be a really hectic weekend. I thought I'd be doing a lot better by then but I am nervous about it now. I am packing really light, I only need 1 change of clothes and using a rolling suitcase but still... All that walking and waiting in line and sitting... Has anyone else traveled yet???

What happened to the one who was moving to China? Has that happened yet?

Take it easy ladies and thanks for being there!
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:44 AM

Well, I am finally back here to report post op! I had a very rough recovery in the beginning!
I went home with a TEAR where usually an episotomy would be(sort of off to side a bit, but vertical!) I kept telling the nurses it hurt when I wiped(or used the warm water bottle)...they kept telling me that's from the catheter! Uhh...I've had my urethra dilated years ago, that's like pee-ing razor blades...this pain was further SOUTH! Well, by the time Friday came along, I got a mirror and almost fainted! Big open CUT! I called the dr. office, they say, sit in the tub 4 times a day...WTH? Well, my right labia was BLACK, not bruised, more like pooled with blood like a broken bloodvessel. SCARY! Didn't really hurt like a bruise but was black in color just on right side.

Oh, a few days after surgery, I realized that all the food I was eating was NOT coming out...called the dr., got off that nasty tylox! took some milk/mag and felt much better. With that tear, it HURT to even think about going...OUCH!! It opened back up twice while trying to heal! I had some pain when I went for a few weeks...felt like a nerve pain when I felt I needed to go. that's gotten better though.

Anyway! Took me weeks before I could SIT and type or even sit up in the bed. In a total FUNK because my best friend of 31 years never called, came, wrote, NOTHING...she lives 4 miles away and is just too selfish to come visit me. She has COPD and emphysema and only left her house to buy CIGS!(what she told me when she said how "bad" she was feeling). Well, I'm really hurt by that...she will want me to come visit her in the hosp., cheer her up, feed her kids/hub, drive her here/there/everywhere soon.

Anyway, I did too much cooking on Sunday/Monday...lifting heavy magnalite pots w/ food in them. OUCH...should NOT have done that! Everyone around here thinks I'm all healed up...and I'm HUNGRY(have done nothing but watch food tv!) so got in the kitchen and cooked like a fiend! Taking the day off today!

I've thought and prayed for all my fellow princesses. I did NOT forget about you! I hope you are all healing up well and behaving yourselves I've been in a total funk and as soon as I get over being upset at my friend, I'll be OK.
Take care of yourselves! Mo
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:43 AM

Hey Grr I too just drove today, lol and am also at almost 5 weeks. Been debating it the last couple of days and finally felt up to it today. Just a quick drive and thru the bank drive thru. But still I drove!!!! lol. Reading your plans for this weekend is wearing me out, please don't over do it. Well wishes sent your way for a safe journey.
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:01 AM

Hi Kren,

I am the one going to China. We leave on the 15th of August. Aughhh! Actually, I am much more okay with the idea these days, but I have quite a few little things going wrong post op and I am not too excited about going to another country with something that might flare up or get worse. Especially since I cannot trust their medical system at all. There is this other system called World Link in Shanghai (about an hour and a half from where we will be living) with US doctors and it sounds promising, but as I told my husband, just because you are a US doctor does not mean you are good! This website will definitely be my lifeline, plus I can email my doctor and she is brilliant and wonderful.

So, the good news is that the itching is starting to go away. It could be the antibacterial, or it could be all of the home remedys I was using. Hard to say. I am going to ask my doctor for estrogen cream just to be sure. It is not 100% gone yet, so maybe that will help. Also, now that I am keeping the area dry, it is really dry I've noticed. I don't think I am producing enough estrogen.

Oh, some other good news: dh and I are going on a romantic overnight trip to a little town near San Francisco that we used to go when we were dating (not cleared for sex yet :-() but I needed something to wear besides sweat pants so I went to the store yesterday to get some long shorts or capris and I found these cute burmuda shorts...but the thing was: I fit into a size smaller than I usually wear!!! I knew I lost some weight becuase the scale said so, but my belly looked so fat...it still does (getting better though) but apparently I am smaller overall.

Kim
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:16 AM

Hi All,
I can't believe how fast the time seems to be going! I am just past the 5 week mark & I go to see the Dr in 1 week for my check up. We went to a wedding this weekend & I had some energy left when we got home. I have had some spotting again Still have the swelly belly at night. Otherwise everything is going great.
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:28 AM

Hi Laaaaaddddddiiiieeeesss!
Anyone out there feeling dizzy 4weeks into post op? I have felt dizzy the last couple of days and can't seem to find info but I do remember reading something on here. Ugh! This feeling is horrible................

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register