Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

I'll be at my 6 weeks point on Thursday. Wow, what a difference a week can make. I too feel almost normal, although, following surgey, I thought I'd never be myself again. It's been a long tough road. Glad everyone is feeling about the same. This site has been great, so happy to have found it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:28 PM

It's good to hear that most of us are on the mend and doing well.
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellflower
I'll be at my 6 weeks point on Thursday. Wow, what a difference a week can make. I too feel almost normal, although, following surgey, I thought I'd never be myself again. It's been a long tough road. Glad everyone is feeling about the same. This site has been great, so happy to have found it.

I could of written this because it describes me to a "T"
I am doing great!! Although I am not ready to start doing housework yet (been enjoying the time off from mopping and running the vaccum).
So very glad I had this done!!! Hope everyone else is healing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:55 PM
6-wk checkup-a lot of questions answered

Hello Sisters,

I just had my 6-week check-up. Here goes:

1. Everything is healing very well.

2. I have a hematoma on the left side. I have to wait 2 more weeks to be completely healed to get the OK to go back to ALL normal activities....(hint-DH and I are disappointed ).

3. If you remember my concerns several times about painful, sore perineal area and I can't sit or stand or walk a long time. I received encouragement and advice from you out there. So, I called the doctor when it didn't subside after a couple of weeks. They thought it was a UTI and they gave me treatment for it. However, still pain shoots down my left leg. During the examination, he found a pulled muscle deep within. So, he strongly suggested stretching exercises. The people at the gym I go to will be able to help me with the exercises.

4. Also, I had mentioned on this website early in July about an indent in my abdomen. Several of the sisters responded that they had the same thing. I was so worried thinking it was the space where my uterus was. I asked him about that. He looked at it and examined the indent. He informed me that it is where I am still swollen on either side of it and it is where one of the incisions are and that after the swelling goes down, everyting should be back to normal. I am so relieved.

5. I mentioned this website to him and gave him the flier. He had never heard of it and I told him what a great help it was and that I never felt scared or frustrated like the other websites I found BEFORE the surgery. He said he would look into it since he had never heard of it and it sounds like a good thing to suggest to his patients. I do hope he suggests it to other patients.

6. Going to have blood work to check the hormone levels...right now I am on no HRT. Then back again to discuss the results.

SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU! I hope I have helped someone as much as I have been helped these past 6 weeks by you!
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Wow, six weeks tomorrow. Sometimes I get tired, and sometimes I'm a little uncomfortable, but I am so much better! Before surgery I was miserable all the time. I can deal with just simply being tired!

Still adjusting to things being different. I went to the allergist today, and to the dentist last week and had to answer the usual medical questions. How strange! Last period? Last period! Any chance that you might be pregnant. Not at all.

And the fun of walking down that aisle in walmart and instead of stocking up, I realize I'll never need to purchase a pad or a tampon again. I have two daughters, so I'll still be visiting that aisle, but for different reasons.

I've even started to "forget" at times about my body. It will be so great when I don't have to focus on pain, bleeding, or recovery at all!

We're hoping to go on vacation in a few weeks--and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it without worrying about my body!
Unread 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM

Hi all,

It's great to hear everyone is feeling good. I had my 6 week check also and found that healing all ok but still full!!!! of stitches awaiting to heal, I feel ok but tired and painful still sometimes dr told me this is expected with the work that had been done, TVH, A&P repair, peri repair, told me they were significant repairs, so I must wait another 4weeks for any "action" with my dh who is very understanding and sympathic etc, and I am also off for blood tests.

hope you all have a good day.
Unread 08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
First day back at work

I went to work for the first time today since my surgery. One reason I stayed away until today was that my office is on the third floor of our building, and we don't have an elevator. Climbing the stairs was more tiring than pre-surgery, but I made it without much trouble. I went to a lunch meeting and left about 2 p.m. I was tired when I got home. I'm glad I am able to work part-time for two weeks before going full-time.
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I didn't know!

Hello to everyone. I did not know about this website until I read about it in a magazine while on vacation last week. I had my LSH on June 27th. VERY uneventful and almost interesting at times. Came home after a two night stay because I knew I would not play patient once I got home. Good call on my part. I was mostly amazed at how depressed I felt. I was put into medical menopause to shrink the fibroids a bit and allow my doctor to do the surgery laparoscopically. Had hot flashes going in but they got worse (ovaries were left in) and although the lupron shot was April 23rd, still having menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, fuzzy thinking, moodiness, and a bit of insomnia. Have been back to the doctor twice (regular postop and once more because a stitch was hanging out). I go back for my final postop and women's physical (time for that already) next week. I am a teacher and on summer break until Sept. but need to be thinking a bit clearer soon or my students may be teaching me.
I thought one of the best things about this whole process was that my doctor empowered me to make the decisions I needed to make, along with dh. He put the choices out there and my dh and I made the decision. I did not need my uterus anymore (I am almost 50) and did not want to take iron for the fibroid related anemia until menopause, so hysterectomy was the best bet for me. The doctor also visited me the morning of surgery. I have had many surgeries where it seems like I don't see the surgeon ahead of time. We actually sat around and chatted while we waited for the anesthesiologist to get out of a meeting. I have been fortunate in that I have had the same doctor for over 20 years, and he delivered both children. Very attached to him - anyone else feel the same way?
Anyway, thanks for this great forum to "chat".
Kim
Myomectomy 4/85, LSH 6/07 due to fibroids/anemia
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:25 PM

Hi Lovetocamp: Welcome to the world's greatest website!!! I have found the site to be the most helpful. I am 49 3/4 and my LAVH on July 3,2007. So I have so many questions and this site anwsers eveyone.....Enjoy all the benefits and browse around. Feel better and know that all of your sisters are here for you....
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:57 AM
You CAN overdo at 6 weeks!

Holy cow...I am back from Disneyland and although I had fun, I guess you could say that I found the "limit" on six week activity. We got into the park at 7 am and kept going (with the kids leading) until 10:30 pm.

I insisted on a few hours poolside mid-day but all in all, I overdid it in terms of activity...not so much in my abdominal area, but my calves are KILLING me...so much walking after not doing much for such a long time was crazy. The one thing I did see was how much this operation has shut down my system in parts other than those directly affected but the surgery. For example, legs. I need to start working out if I do not want this whole TAH thing to reduce my activity level permanently.

Hope everyone else is having a good week.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register