Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 11:02 AM
6 week check up

Hi all,
I had my 6 week check up on Tuesday. Everything looks good, still a little spotting as the stitches heal. She did an internal, ok. I did ask for HRT because the hot flashes & lack of sleep were getting to me. She did clear me for all activities- but said I need to listen to my body & not over due it.
This site has been a life saver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

You are totally right, sage627. It's been 6 weeks for me today and I'm slowly working myself. At about 5weeks, ( which is when I really started feeling like doing anything) I started walking, and at 6 weeks, start abdominal exercises,just a few...don't want to over do it. I'm a server in a nice restaurant and do alot of walking and carry heavy trays. I need to get myself back into shape, after doing nothing for so long. I go back to work in two weeks. Hope I can do it!!!!
Unread 08-09-2007, 01:25 PM

Here I am at 51/2 weeks. Feeling really good today. I'm finally sleeping better. Exercising in the PM helps with sleep and hot flashes! YIPPEE!

Sharing information on this website has been wonderful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 02:47 PM

I agree that nothing can beat walking!!! I started with short walks at 2 weeks & have been slowly increasing the distanct over time. I really miss it when I skip a day or 2. I need to get ready for going back to work on the 28th, since I work with special ed students in a middle school.
Unread 08-10-2007, 10:15 AM

Hi all, just passed the 6 wk mark but don't go to the Dr's til Monday. Overall doing okay, still get tired easily, belly swelling bites the big one, lol.

Good thing though, for the first time I was able to sleep on my side with no discomfort and w/o all the extra pillows as well!! This had been one of my chief complaints, lol.

Best wishes for everyone's continued healing.
Unread 08-10-2007, 11:22 AM

Hi Ladies...I just vaccumed through my whole house, which is not a small house. First time in six weeks. It was driving me absolutly crazy not to be-able to vaccum. Feel alittle tired, so I guess I'll sit on my butt the rest of the day.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:23 PM

Hi everyone! I had my 6 week appt on Wed. and found out I have a bacterial vaingal infection, and a slight prolapse. She gave me anti-b cream for the infection and told me to do kegels for the prolapse. She thought my muscles felt strong in there so it should improve and be fine with some exercise. I hope so! It isn't too bad just a little bulging inside. Everything else is fine so it's back to normal as soon as I feel up to it. Can't do the deed with dh till the medicine runs its course, another 72 hours and then we'll see. The vaginal exam was a little more uncomfortable than normal so I am a little nervous about sex but you gotta go back sometime huh. Oh yeah, she said a lot of the vaginal stitches were still up inside me, not connected but just kind of lodged in there! She took a swab and got them out and said there are still a couple more that aren't ready to go. What's up with that?

Anyway on we go!
Unread 08-10-2007, 06:54 PM

I can't believe it's been six weeks today! I went back to work this week. I'm a teacher, and our first official day back was yesterday. I went in Monday and Wednesday on my own to set up a few things in my room. I had meetings most of the day yesterday and today, and I am so tired! The students will be in class on Monday, so I hope I'm feeling more energetic by then. I have 150 eighth graders taking algebra or pre-algebra, and they will need me to be at my best. I already agreed to stay two days a week after school to help with homework, and I help students before school as well. I would like more time to ease back in, but I am the only algebra teacher in the building. The students take ISTEP which is our state mandated testing for No Child Left Behind in about 5 weeks, so things are going to get busier before they get better. I hope everyone is feeling well and continuing to recover. It does feel good to get back into a routine!
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:12 AM

Okay ladies...six weeks has come and gone. We have finally made it to the "recovery point" we were all waiting for, but if any of you are like me, now that the dust has settled you can see that you are a changed woman...for better or worse. I was thinking of how I've changed and realized that there is more good than bad, which made me feel better about the bad. So reply with your list, list your changes in order of most obvious (noticable) to least obvious, and say if you think you have more good or bad changes overall.

(Oh, and add the type of surgery you had - I had a TAH and kept one ovary)

1) My facial skin has cleared up for the first time since I was about nine years old! I am so thrilled. Not a single zit for six weeks.

2) The skin on my feet is desperately dry. Nothing helps. I have even soaked in lotion.

3) I am much more relaxed, cooperative, and even keeled emotion-wise than I have been for a long, long time. Maybe 20 years or more.

4) I am not liking the "swelly ledge" that my swelly belly has turned into.

5) I have a little rectocele that no one noticed before. Trying to keep it under control with kegals

6) Going to the bathroom is different in a way that is hard to describe. Everything works...it just feels different

7) I can't eat as much as I used to. I get full faster and then can't eat again for a longer time frame.

8) The area around my navel is still totally numb

9) My nails are stronger and are not breaking or peeling like they used to.

10) I am sleeping, but wake up a lot. I think I am just sleeping lighter.

11) I feel so much cleaner. No gross vaginal discharge, bloody or otherwise, and I am sweating less and my hair growth has slowed down. I even smell better!

12) Sex desire is more up and down than before. Sometimes I feel sex-crazed and other times I feel like I could care less if I ever have sex again.

Overall I would say my changes are good ones. I think I NEVER responded well to estrogen in my body and with it lowered, I feel a lot better. More like I did when I was a kid, which I know sounds weird, but it is true that when I was nine or ten was the last time I was not being jerked around by hormones.

Looking forward to reading other people's lists!

Kim
Unread 08-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Hi sage627,
I also had a TAH the day before you and kept both my ovaries. Reading your list sounds like me.
1...My nails have really grown, they are the longest I had them in a long time.
2...Your so right on the feeling clean part, although sometimes I smell a strange odor, don't know if it's just in my head.
3...I've kinda been in a depressed mood, it might just be my life situations in general.
4...I'm really not enjoying the ledge. (swelly belly) It just grosses me out when I look into the full length mirror.
5...I also am not sleeping has soundly has I use to. I'm always waking up in the middle of the night and tossing and turning. I also get up to go the bathroom two or three times.
6...I have not done the sex thing yet. Last weekend I was feeling really frisky and this weekend I could care less about sex.
7...I also still have some numbness in the incision area.

Overall, I feel pretty good. After the initial pain went away and I no longer walked around like an old man.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register