Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Unread 07-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 25-Jul 02,2007

Hi! Had mine on 6/26/07. Went home the next day. Returning to work tomorrow. I am soooooooooo tired. Through this whole thing I have been very sleep deprived. My one night stay in the hospital was a nightmare. I am glad to be done! Had to go buy clothes to wear to work because I am so swollen I cannot fit into anything! UGHHHHHH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 08:59 AM

Going back to work already??? Does your doctor know about it? I hope your job is a sedentary one.
I'm kind of opposite of you...I feel great and would like to go back to work, but my doc won't let me (I had to beg to go back after 4 weeks instead of 6!)
I do however, have the same problem with the nothing fits, except I did keep some of my pre-weight loss "big pants".
Good luck!!!
Jane
TVH, AP repair, bladder sling 6/27
Unread 07-05-2007, 11:58 AM

Yeah! I finally had a BM. Haven't had one for the last 9 days....night before surgery! I feel relieved!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 12:03 PM

Going back so soon? I went back to work just a few days after I had a DC/Lap and I paid for it. Please give yourself more time. I am now with the hysterectomy. I am taking it slow and easy....I learned my lesson with just a DC. Listen to your body.
Tansie
LAVH 6/27/07
Unread 07-05-2007, 12:08 PM

I know what you mean. I don't fit into anything anymore! I'm as big as I was when I had my daughter! I had my surgery on the 29th and went home the next day. Thank goodness. My blood sugars are doing pretty well for the first time in over 20 years. Haven't really had much pain except in left incision. My belly gets so swollen and bloated it feels as if it will explode! I'm still passing gas and I've had bm so I'm not sure why that is. I'm very tired which no one seems to understand. My dr. wrote a script for the patch but I haven't noticed much symptoms so I still haven't used it. I'm not sure if my migraines are due to my blood sugars or hormone(or should I say lack of). I too did the walmart thing. I rested on one of the benches in the aisles.My sis hasn't been much help considering she just went through this so I am sooo thankful for this site. My memory has been terrible, I mean it wasn't the greatest before but now it seems to be worse. My fibromyalgia is still flared and the arthritis, but then again the weather here has been weird. I noticed I am having more neuropathy pain than before the surgery though. My hubby goes back to work sunday night and I suspect everyone will expect me to be back to normal and doing it all again, the problem is I just don't think I'll be ready and I don't know what to do about it. Everyone seems to be downplaying what I've been through and am going through and that not only hurts but makes me angry too. I've been running a low grade temp. but nothing major so I haven't called doc. I've been getting some pretty good dizzy spells too. Not sure what that's related to. I know my hubby has to go back to work but I feel as though he hasn't paid any attention to me at all. It kind of feels as if no one cares. Sorry this is so long, gotta go
Tweety#1
Unread 07-05-2007, 12:13 PM

Tweety, maybe you should go to the Dr. before hubby has to go back to work. The headaches and dizzy spells could be blood pressure. I don't know I'd get it checked out before being left alone next week.
Unread 07-05-2007, 12:14 PM

One week post op now and finally can say I feel a little better. Had TAH/BSO on the 27th, took 1 1/2 hrs, thankfully it went smooth. Though going in was another story, ole AF decided she was going to accompany me to the surgery, even though she wasn't due for 10 days. And it was like she knew this was her last shot at me. She went at it with a vengance, had me in tears that turned to loud crying while waiting to be wheeled down. Finally they gave me a shot for the pain, don't remember what it was but it took all of 30 seconds to take away my pain. Where was this miracle drug all the years I suffered monthly labor pains?? lol.

Anyways, was suppose to in for 2 nights but was having a really rough time of it and stayed an extra night. Been taking it easy since I've been home, feeling like a truck ran me over. Today for the first time I'm beginning to feel a little more normal!! Finally had a bm, which probably has alot to do with me feeling better as well as finally passing alot of gas. I actually made an egg sandwhich for lunch and oatmeal for breakfast for myself and it felt good to be able to do it myself.

I've been blessed with DH being so supportive and taking care of everything around here. I just have to remind myself its okay if he doesn't do things the way I would be doing them, lol.

Now, I'm just on pins and needles waiting for surgical menopause to rear itself, lordy I pray DH is truly ready for that! I go on Monday for my first post op checkup, hopefully the doc will then get me on HRT before any symptoms start.
Unread 07-05-2007, 12:17 PM

Went to the Castle on July 3rd and everything went really well. I am on the mend and will share more with you when I can get my thoughts together....Probably tomorrow...Until then everyone that is heading to the castle Good luck!!
Unread 07-05-2007, 02:59 PM
8 Days Post-op

Hi! I'm 8 days post-op and thought I'd post an update. I had a TAH on 6/27 - ovaries got to stay, but bladder suffered some after being separated from the uterus due to adhesions. I actually feel pretty good today. I'm still very slow and quick to tire though. I actually drove today, only 2 miles, but it felt good to get out. I then sat for 30 minutes and drove home, but it was a start. I'm not having any bm issues, but still having horrible gas pains, is that normal? I'm having the same issues with fitting into my pants as everyone else. Thankfully, I lost 15 pounds prior to surgery and hadn't cleaned out the larger sized pants yet - although today is the first day I've been out of sweats or my husband's soccer shorts!! Keep resting, everyone! Sounds like some sisters may be pushing too hard. Pushing too hard now will only make the recovery take longer in the long run... relax and enjoy the time!
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:39 PM
TAH June 30

Had my TAH June 30th. Stay in hospital was 3 additional nights.

Was so thankful to get home (well, my Mother's) but I'm feeling pretty rough. I'm so tired of feeling like crap!

I know its only been 5 days since surgery, but I want to feel good now.

My vagina is sore, my abdomen is very sore, peeing is weird (starts and stops), BMs are okay although not as frequent as pre surgery. Have a headache to boot.

When will I feel better?

After months and months of bleeding, I just want to feel good again....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register