bone scan | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-27-2001, 09:18 AM
bone scan

Hi ladies, I had my 2 week check up yesterday. All went well. The Dr. asked if I wanted to start taking hrt. I have no synptoms of menopause so I said not yet. He told me he can do a bone scan to see the levels of estrogen I have and to see actually what I need. My question, Has anyone done this? Is it a blood test? I should have asked him but ..... I actually get more imformation from this site than I do from the Dr. My fault because I don't ask questions. Betty Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2001, 07:43 AM
Hi Betty Ann...

Actually I think your Dr. is referring to several different tests. A DECS bone scan measures the bone density to see if there is any bone loss. It is important to get one within 6 months of your hyst if you are not taking HRT so that your Dr. has a baseline to measure your bone density for osteoporosis.

The hormone level tests are blood work and saliva tests. Its a good idea to get those done soon as well so if you begin to have symptoms of menopause your Dr. will know what your levels were when you felt good.

I am not on any HRT due to cancer and so far I feel pretty good but I do take alot of supplements. I have had the DECS scan and it is painless. It just requires being very still for about 20 minutes.

Your Dr. sounds very good and has your best interests in mind. I would take him up on these offers just as a precaution.

Wishing you continued good health!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 06-30-2001, 08:01 AM
bone scan

Hi Kaatie, Thanks for the respond. I'm taking B-Complex 50 and nerve & Osteo Support [a higher ratio of magnesium to calcium with related nutrients] and also vitamin E. I wanted to start out slow but I'm sure there are supplements Ishould take. I will take the dr. up on getting the test done. Thanks again. Betty Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2001, 04:24 PM
Betty Ann...

If you are not going to take any hormones you might benefit by visting the No Hormone Desert Oasis, another forum here at Hystersisters. There are lots of good ideas about supplements. Quite a few of us cannot take HRT for one reason or another and some by choice. Hope to see you there!

{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register