tempting fate | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tempting fate tempting fate

Unread 06-27-2001, 01:24 PM
tempting fate

I am 35 years old & am blessed w/ two beautiful children, I lost a pregnancy in November at 15 weeks when the baby's heart stopped beating and I have felt a DESPERATE need to get pregnant again in order to heal from this.

I had a cone biopsy three years ago (while pregnant with my second child)where the margins were clear & I followed with pap smears every three months all clear until February I had an abnormal pap w/ GYN, went back to oncologist in May & had a cone biopsy performed three weeks ago - diagnosis carcinoma in situ - this time margins positive & oncologist recommends "simple" hysterectomy removing uterus & leaving ovaries. There was no invasive cancer and no glandular issues.

To my family there is no issue - I have to do what I have to do - have a hysterectomy but, it just isn't that simple for me. I desperately want to have the child that I lost & feel I would then be fully prepared to go forward with hysterectomy right after child birth. Is there anyone out there who tempted fate? what was the outcome?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2001, 04:29 PM
tempting fate

This is such a hard situation when you have it in your heart to have another child. I would really like to suggest visiting the Aching Hearts Forum. The women there are going through the same things as you are emotionally. I really do hope that you begin to feel better.
I can also understand your family's feelings too. This has to be taken care of and they are looking at things as if you were not meant to have another child. I don't know if you are a religious person or not, but if so please remember that there is a reason for everything and we may not always understand the reasoning until years later.
Please visit Aching Hearts and know that I will keep you in my prayers. As for the carcinoma in situ issue, I was diagnosed with the same thing and that alone is a lot to swallow! I hope that you know that we are all willing to help you in any way that we can!
Unread 06-28-2001, 06:09 AM
tempting fate

Oh gee , so sorry to hear all that you have been going through. All of us here at the cancer concerns have been through some type of cancer/pre cancer and it is just the scariest thing to go through.I lost a baby at 16 weeks quite a few years ago but I didnt have cancer to deal with as well at the same time. Like Cyd suggest there are lots of women on Aching hearts forum who will know what you are going through. But we are still here to support you and to give you a shoulder to cry on. Holding you in my heart x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2001, 12:59 PM
tempting fate

Hi There,

I am very sorry that you lost your baby, and now are dealing with these new health issues.

The decision to wait on your surgery and have another child is ultimately yours, and your families and your doctors, weighing the pros and cons.
I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for the very best outcome!
Take care,
Maria
Unread 06-28-2001, 04:14 PM
tempting fate

I am so sorry to hear of your recent loss, and now your new health situation. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but each of us must deal with the situation we are placed in, and all of those situations are different. I had really felt that I was supposed to have one more child when my PAP came back abnormal. My doctor said if I wanted one more to do it immediately and hope for the best, but he really wanted me to have the TAH right away. I think I called him on the phone every day for a week with new questions, and DH and I talked a lot (well, I cried, he talked). We made the decision to go ahead with the surgery. I haven't regretted it--peace of mind is a wonderful thing. Your situation is somewhat more complicated, though, since you are still healing from the loss of your baby. Get as much information as you can. Ask your doctor what the possible outcomes are and then decide which risks you are willing to take (or not). I wish you the very best in this difficult time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register