Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Vicodin and Incision open

The recent posts reminded me of past surgeries....the vicodin..I took when I had a tummy tuck/hernia repair after my weight loss surgery....and I got up in the hospital and WHOOOOOSH....the blood left my head and I about passed out and fell....that stuff is powerful! I handle percocet MUCH better...

As for the incision being open, I got a nasty infection when I did have my tummy tuck and they had to leave about 4 inches WIDE OPEN to drain and heal shut naturally....what a horrible time that was. Packing it hurt and it was just gross. :-( I never went back to have him "fix" it, either...so now I have a big "divit" in my lower belly...lol I figure I'm not ever gonna wear a bikini, so who cares?! I got a funny little pucker there now....the skin natually draws in as it heals. I had 2 side jp drain tubes in me for about 2 weeks for that surgery....not fun. I totally feel for you guys who had the full abdominal open procedures. I've been there 2 times before (the weight loss surgery and the tummy tuck) it's no cake walk....hang in there...it gets better. SWEAR!!!

I had the LSH, so all I have are 4 tiny incicsions...I'm a week and a 1/2 post op now....only had major drainage on post op day 2-3 from one incision. Pain was horrible yesterday, but I'm back on pain meds and today was much better....one motrin and one percocet about every 6 hours. Nice. :-) I'm going back to work Monday....looking forward to it since I feel so out of the loop from being gone these 2 weeks. I work for the FBI and I'll have a TON of catching up to do in my e-mails!! Yikes...Good think sitting is fairly comfy. lol

Hugs to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWBiffer
As for the incision being open, I got a nasty infection when I did have my tummy tuck and they had to leave about 4 inches WIDE OPEN to drain and heal shut naturally....what a horrible time that was. Packing it hurt and it was just gross. :-( I never went back to have him "fix" it, either...so now I have a big "divit" in my lower belly...lol I figure I'm not ever gonna wear a bikini, so who cares?! I got a funny little pucker there now....the skin natually draws in as it heals. I had 2 side jp drain tubes in me for about 2 weeks for that surgery....not fun. I totally feel for you guys who had the full abdominal open procedures. I've been there 2 times before (the weight loss surgery and the tummy tuck) it's no cake walk....hang in there...it gets better. SWEAR!!!
I thought it might be funny to some....yes, I've had weight loss surgery....lost and kept off about 200 lbs....but I'm still chubby, hence the "plus sized diva" in my sig file...I was VERY big before the weight loss surgery....now I'm just tall and chubby. ;-) Just wanted to clarify.
Unread 07-13-2007, 06:24 AM

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ckris
Hello, I had a TLH on July 2nd of this year. I do have a swellen belly, gas pains that are getting better. I still have a pinkish tint when I go to the bathroom. Does anyone know how long that pinkish blood will last. I went home the next afternoon after surgery. I am doing fine just wondering about the pinkish blood color when wiping after using the bathroom. "Sorry so gross"
2chris,

I just read your post and it's funny because yesterday i noticed the same "stuff" and almost posted about it as well. I think it's all just part of the healing process but I do notice it more when I am pushing myself too much. Take care,
Katy
Unread 07-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Hello Ladies,

I had my TAH on July 6th. The surgery only lasted one hour. I had my uterous removed. The DR left my ovaries and cervix.

The day of surgery I had a liquid diet. The following morning I had a soft diet since I was able to tolerate eating some graham crackers the night of the surgery. A doctor from the practive came in to see me but he didn't see me if you know what I mean. He made me so mad because he didn't even look at the incision or anything. He just asked me if I was passing gas which I wasn't and asked me if I wanted to go home which I said no. I didn't know how I would react to the pill form of the pain medicine nor eating solid food.

The nurse told me that she cleared me to start eating a regular diet that afternoon because I did not get nausea from the soft diet. Also she said that the more that I eat of real food, I will push the gas out and that is exactly what I did. I did not have alot of gas pains. She did give me stool softeners in the hospital and I have not taken any at home. I just ate a lot of vegetables and drank alot of water.

The nurse also told me that taking the pain meds basically slows or stops the movement down there. I stopped taking the pain medicine two days after I came home and I am only taking prescription strength motrin. Since I changed, I have a BM everyday, passing gas regularly . It is uncomfortable, but I make sure I get up and walk around. Walking helps alot with the pain, gas and BM's.

Oh yeah, the nurse also gave a cinch belt. It support your stomach and holds everything in or in place. It was kind of awkward at first but now I feel naked without it.

My steri stips came off after the secod day home. I called the DR office to make a follow up appointment and mentioned this to the nurse. She told me to put Neoporin on it and just watch it. The inciciosn looks as though it is healing up fine. I was scared since I have a overhang and I am "fluffy". But everything seems to be going fine.

I took a field trip yesterday and walked out to the mailbox. Stupid me then had to wait until someone came home (about 5 miuntes later) because I had nothing to grab onto to get back into the house.

I wish everyone a speedy recovery and well wishes!!!!
Unread 07-13-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ckris
Hello, I had a TLH on July 2nd of this year. I do have a swellen belly, gas pains that are getting better. I still have a pinkish tint when I go to the bathroom. Does anyone know how long that pinkish blood will last. I went home the next afternoon after surgery. I am doing fine just wondering about the pinkish blood color when wiping after using the bathroom. "Sorry so gross"
Hi, I just had my 1 week post-op appt today. I also have that pink tinge when I wipe. I asked my gyn about that, should I be concerned. He said no, that it could do that possible for 4-6 weeks. Also, last night I was sitting on the couch reading...and a little bit of brown discharge came out & went through my shorts. Since, last night I am wearing a mini pad & my gyn also stated that is normal & nothing to worry about, that should go away in 4-6 weeks too. Hope that helps.
Unread 07-13-2007, 07:14 PM

Pre-op today. No spotting or anything until last night, I've have the pink discharge all day. Dr. said it's normal, Gav me another rx for pain meds and said to stay on them. He's not going to clear me for at least 4 weeks. Originally was told only 3 weeks. I'm not too upset about it.
Path report showed what we knew but also that I had adeno. Still amazes me I knew something was wrong but had no clue how wrong until 4 weeks ago.
Unread 07-13-2007, 10:27 PM

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Just looking to see where I am at. I finally had a little tiny BM today. Took a whole week. I am feeling a little blue also. I had one of the worst migraines today also. I felt like I went a little backwards. I almost slept all day I was just so tired today. How weired is that? If anyone else has any of my symptoms at some point let me know I am not alone.
Unread 07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
not alone

Byfaith,

You are definitely not alone! Earlier in this thread we talked about feeling blue, anxious, lonely....whatever we were feeling we were just not feeling ourselves. From what I have been told there will be a lot of ups and downs, just remember you have sisters that are here for you for both !
Unread 07-14-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
Hello Ladies,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Just looking to see where I am at. I finally had a little tiny BM today. Took a whole week. I am feeling a little blue also. I had one of the worst migraines today also. I felt like I went a little backwards. I almost slept all day I was just so tired today. How weired is that? If anyone else has any of my symptoms at some point let me know I am not alone.
YES! Me too. I went to bed last night with a migrane and lots of cramping where my right ovary should be. Woke up with it all a bit worse this morning. And up untill yesterday afternoon I was feeling realy OK. Not great, but not in any pain. And all I did yesterda, aside from some light dusting, was sit in my recliner and delegate cleaning duties!
I took two Exedrine migraine pills and drank a cup of coffee. Helped considerbly. Still a lot more cramping on my right side than I've ever had before on this mystical road to recovery.
One nice side effect of it all though, my DH swept and moped the front room - it had been sorely neglected! I no longer had dust bunnies, I had dust dinosaurs!
Hugs,
Lori B

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register