Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Today is the start of my third week, had a LSH on July 2, 2007. Reasons, severe adom. fibroid, pelvic congestion. I am so glad I went through with the surgery. I put it off for three yrs. I feel pretty good. Not as much energy as I thought I might have by this time. Sitting for long periods, in the car especially seem to hurt. Having a bit of brown discharge but at my one week the dr said there would be yellow tinged color too...I guess it's the spray gel they use inside for the surgery. I think getting the gas pain over with was the best. My pre-op weight to post-op weight was up seven pounds. I got rid of it all and three more pounds by the end of the first week. I'm drinking a lot of water too. The whole BM thing was too much for me. I was able to have a little one but after too many days of unsucessfully trying, I used the 2nd enema that I had from the pre-op. I felt so much better! I know...TMI but it's life! I am a bit emotional at times. Not my usual self yet. I am not one to sit around and so this slow pace gets to me at times. I am looking forward to started back with my yoga workouts and pilates I might wait a bit longer. My family has been very helpful and supportive. I appreciate having this great site to share with others.

Happy Healing!

Smiles,

brymj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyhat
Day 2. 4th of July. My husband and I celebrate 15 years of mariage today. What a way to celebrate! Me stuck in my recliner, and him doing the housework! Before the surgery, I appologized for the timing of it, and how sorry I was that it was going to ruin our day. He turned to me, and with a twinkle in his eyes he said "I'd much rather have you mess this one up, than miss out on all the rest". I have come very close to hemoraging several times.
Every once in a while, they do say just the right thing!
How sweet, that brought a tear to my eye. I must admit, my DH has been also very good at that. I feel very blessed! I am sure you do too!
Unread 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Leg Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner
I had a LAVH done on July 9th. I've had the worst achy, leg pain since about Thursday. Saturday was just awful & I was up all night last night with the leg pain. I finally took a Loritab this morning because I couldn't take it anymore. Has anyone had problems like this? Any info would be grateful.

Thanks!!

~R
You should call your doctor. That was one of the things they told me to do if I started getting leg pain. Call your doctor right away. Blessings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 12:49 PM

I had my TAH on June 26 and still have the occasional leg pain, especially in the groin area, and on the left side, which is where most of my pre-surgery pain was. It does get better! Hormones seem to have helped mine some.
Unread 07-16-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wts330
I had TAH and cervix and fallopian tubes and 1 ovary due to endo and cancer cells 05-07-07 and i am in so much pain i thought i was alone until i stumbled across this site, so reassuring to hear of others going through the same thing, i was so un prepared for what was going to happen to me after, i had a five night hospital stay and transfusion due to complications in anesthstic room and have a whopping ab cut of 10 inches, i am suffering with gas and constipation but worse stilll is the pain i get when i am trying to pass water it cripples me until i can get my bladder to relax, also have an infection in the wound site and a water infection so am not feeling to great at the moment and i am a mother to three so rest is a major issue, please wriyte back and tell me i can not be the only one who is suffering.
I know exactly how you feel. I was not prepared for all of this either I had a TAH-BSO. I cry too easily now and I have no control over it. As far as the badder issues I am on my way to the Dr. office because they think I have an infection. It's so painful. Today it's even worst. Hugs to you my friend, we just have to believe it's going to get better.
Unread 07-16-2007, 12:56 PM

sometimes I wonder if it was worth it you know? I mean yes I am in way less pain than I was, but the mood swings, the feeling of being BLAH, and not sleeping are enough to drive you insane. I just hope that by the time school starts I will be better! I teach Kindergarten and need to be able to contend with everything on an even keel. Let's just all hang in there and say a prayer and hopefully all will be good!!
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:03 PM

On the 2nd of July I had a hysterectomy. Only the ovaries were left behind. After a bloody cyst removed from the left ovary and scar tissue removed with uterus and cervix. Recovery was a 1 ˝ hour. I came home on the 4th. The ride home was painful.

I had a few moments of interest after the surgery. My blood pressure went to 86 over 46 once while on the toilet. The only thing I could think about was … “I will not pass out. No one will find my big *** up in the air.” LOL. Bless the nurse’s hearts for being kind and reassuring. I felt so helpless at times.

I can feel the difference inside. I had endometriosis on the backside of my uterus and Fibroid cyst on the left side. My last few cycles left me at times unable to walk.

A problem I have is my bowl movements. I have to take my milk of magnesia (1/2 to 1 tablespoon) every night or I will become constipated no matter what I eat.

My incision was 6 inches. Unfortunately, I am not a small woman and I sweat a lot which can burn.
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
You should call your doctor. That was one of the things they told me to do if I started getting leg pain. Call your doctor right away. Blessings.
Thanks for responding. I called & have an appointment tomorrow, just to be safe.

Happy healing to all.....

~R
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:31 PM

13 days post op and I was doing A-OK until yesterday. I felt so good that I went out with DH and did a little shopping and lunch. Even attempted to drive my stick shift vehicle around the block-
after I got home I got an AWFUL pain in my lower abdomen-a sharp/pulling pain. So bad that I took a vicodin-Doc says I need to "take it easy" and DH keeps reminding me that even tho it was Laprascopic-it still was a "Major Surgery"
I will be working from home the rest of the week-and quit trying to be Super Woman
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Bulagal...

Isn't it sad how the smallest thing can set you back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulagal
13 days post op and I was doing A-OK until yesterday. I felt so good that I went out with DH and did a little shopping and lunch. Even attempted to drive my stick shift vehicle around the block-
after I got home I got an AWFUL pain in my lower abdomen-a sharp/pulling pain. So bad that I took a vicodin-Doc says I need to "take it easy" and DH keeps reminding me that even tho it was Laprascopic-it still was a "Major Surgery"
I will be working from home the rest of the week-and quit trying to be Super Woman

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register