Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Hello Everyone,
I had surgery on July 3..Still feeling very tired like I have severe anemia again not a good feeling..I think i'm tired of being home but the thought of going out makes me tired..Hoping this will pass..On the other hand the gas pains and bowel problems are getting better..And i'm having pain from the surgery but that to is getting better..Now is just the waiting game of feeling myself again.And I can't wait!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Sleeping Positions

I am just curious, what positon can you sleep in? I had a TAH-BSO and I can only sleep on my back. I am a side sleeper and one night by accident I fell asleep on my side and woke in such pain I could not get out of bed. thank goodness my DH was there to help. Now I won't do that again. But I wonder if it's just me with the problem.
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:46 PM

I couldn't sleep on my side until I had my staples out. I had them out Friday--it really helped.

Connie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 10:58 PM

I've been sleeping on my right side..My left side is very sore still..And when i'm on my back it hurts my belly..I'm a belly sleeper and I can't wait to sleep on my belly..This has been harder on me then I thought it would be..
Unread 07-18-2007, 12:26 AM

Secret to sleep for me is pillows. I have 2 for my head, 1 under my knees or in between them if I'm on my side (left is still more comfortable than right) 1 pillow to prop behind my back and shoulders if I want to lay on my side and one more for where ever I decide I need it, usually guarding my tummy from our 38 lb bassett-doxie that always sleeps with us. If I sleep on my back, it has to be on a heating pad set on low. My guy teases me about my "nest." Good thing we have a king bed for all my pillows!
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Really don't like the swelly belly "spare tire" look...

Sisters,

It's the twelfth day after my BSO (kept the cervix) and I absolutely cannot stand looking at my belly. I know I'm still swollen from the trauma (please say this is swelling...) but it's just hangs there... I never had abs of steel, but sure as day I never had this spare tire! Does it really go away or am I stuck wearing support panties for the rest of my life?

Healing wishes to all!
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:00 AM

Mwight, Hi Iam feeling the same way. It's like your belly just emptied like a deflated baloon. For some reason I don't know where it would go unless it was surgically removed.
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwight
Sisters,

It's the twelfth day after my BSO (kept the cervix) and I absolutely cannot stand looking at my belly. I know I'm still swollen from the trauma (please say this is swelling...) but it's just hangs there... I never had abs of steel, but sure as day I never had this spare tire! Does it really go away or am I stuck wearing support panties for the rest of my life?

Healing wishes to all!
I asked doc the same question at my two week check up. He said that after a c-section or an abdominal hyst, you end up with a bit of belly flop. How much all depends on how strong your abs were before surgery.
I'm planing on really loosing weight now, and then considering a tummy tuck. It's a long road ahead of me though. I have major amounts of weight to loose. After the ordeal of being sick before my hyst, and then recovering from it, I've been woken up into how important my health is. Not just to me, but to all my family.
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Hi everyone! day 9 post op for me. I'm feeling good, barely no pain at all. I'm not on any type of HRT yet.....waiting to see doctor next week for my 2 wk post op visit. He didnt schedule to see me before then, so i am writing down all kinds of questions that I have for him as each day passes. I havent had any hot flashes or night sweats, nor mood swings. What I am feeling is tired. I look in the mirror and I seem so pale with dark circles under my eyes. Is anyone else feeling, looking like this? Is this part of the recovery process, feeling tired I mean? Or could this be the lack of hormone already? Id love to hear from you.
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyhat
I asked doc the same question at my two week check up. He said that after a c-section or an abdominal hyst, you end up with a bit of belly flop. How much all depends on how strong your abs were before surgery.
I'm planing on really loosing weight now, and then considering a tummy tuck. It's a long road ahead of me though. I have major amounts of weight to loose. After the ordeal of being sick before my hyst, and then recovering from it, I've been woken up into how important my health is. Not just to me, but to all my family.
Mine said it would go away. As for c-section and flop, my oldest daughter was no where in shape at 175 lbs before getting pregnant. She had c-section and was still a bit heavy although thinner than prior to pregnancy, she's now 135 and has no belly flop what so ever. I think it has more to with body metabolism and age.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register