Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymj
I had my LSH on July 2nd. I'm also feeling pretty good this week. As for wearing a mini-pad, I haven't need to but I've got brown discharge now. I went in for a one week check-up and my Dr did an internal check and mentioned that I might see a yellow discharge from the spray gel he used inside to prevent my other organs from sticking to my cervix. He also mentioned that he cauterized the cervix area. What I'm going to find out next week is will I have "mini-periods" that I keep reading about on this site.

Best of healing!
-

Let us know if your doc offers progesterone as part of your HRT to prevent mini periods. I wrote in earlier that mine is doing just that, and I'm wondering if any other doc is doing it too.

Hugs,
Lori B LH/BOS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 08:55 PM

I'll let you know what the Dr says. I did keep my ovaries but not sure if they are working properly.
I'm a stay at home mom of two teenagers so no I haven't offically gone back to work but I am trying to not do too much. I would rather not ask for help but find myself needing the help.

Thanks for caring...I love my family but I've got a DH and two boys...they just don't seem to understand.
Unread 07-19-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie6
Glad you are healing well too. Hmmm, that makes sense about the spray gel. I don't have a cervix, since I had a LAVH. I went to see my gyn last Friday, but at the time, I didn't have the brown discharge, but a pink tinge on the tissue now/then. I guess it is healing & most likely from the trauma when he was moving everything around & cauterizing too. Are you back to work yet? I started back on Monday, July 16th. I don't do anything physical at work, but sure miss being active...gotta wait for the 4-6 week mark he stated in case of getting a hernia. Take care and best of healing to you too!

Lizzie
Back to work also on the 16th, my discharge is about the same last couple of days it is off and on. I have a 2 week check tomorrow, I would like to hear I can resume some activities but an afraid I will hear different. I am walking and up to about a mile now, it is easier every day. Are you having any sleep problems, I can't seem to get back into my routine. Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 10:13 PM

Getting to sleep is one of my worst problems. My friend who went thru menopause naturally said she had that problem and she said that a bedtime routine trained her body in about a week without meds. She said camomille tea helps, but you cannot drink it any other time of day because it confuses your mind. I am going to try. I also am having hot flashes, night sweats. Last night I took a cold shower and laid under the fan naked and NO flashes/sweating, but still could not sleep. I am not tired all the time, but feel out of sorts. Deb
Unread 07-20-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkr
Back to work also on the 16th, my discharge is about the same last couple of days it is off and on. I have a 2 week check tomorrow, I would like to hear I can resume some activities but an afraid I will hear different. I am walking and up to about a mile now, it is easier every day. Are you having any sleep problems, I can't seem to get back into my routine. Take care
Hi. Glad to hear you are doing pretty well too. Good to know that others are also having the discharge too, was hoping I wasn't the only one...eeks! That is great that you are doing 1 mile a day, it gets easier every day I think. I love to walk, so thank goodness we can do that with our restrictions. No, I am not experiencing any sleep issues. I only have 1 ovary, and previously prior to the LAVH, it must have stopped working....because in January of this year, I started getting horrible night sweats, every night, walking up 4-5x per night. Never getting any sleep. So a few months later, I asked him to put me on something. I went on the Combi-patch and immediately never had any more night sweats or insomnia. Then, when I had surgery on July 5th, I removed the patch and haven't had to use it since. Spoke to my gyn about it and he stated that was great, however....if this is just temporary and I start having problems with night sweats & insomia again, he will start me on another kind of patch, which I don't have an issue with, since I NEED my sleep.

When you go for your check-up speak to your gyn about this. I have a wonderful gyn who I have seen for over 20 yrs and he really listens & cares. I had my 1 week post-op appt on July 13th, all he did was remove a few stitches, we discussed how I felt and of course the restrictions for the next 4-6 weeks which were: No lifting over 10 lbs, no exercise tapes, no lifting weights, no walking my 2 labs, no vacuuming, no mowing the lawn etc.. He states that you don't want to pull anything in the areas he worked on due to risk of getting a hernia. I go back for my 4 week check-up on August 10th & I hope he takes me off restrictions then. I really miss exercising, walking my dogs, doing housework & especially outside work.

Wish you the best at your dr's appt & a speedy recovery. Take care.

Lizzie
Unread 07-20-2007, 08:31 AM
sleeping

Sleeping does seem to be a problem. I wake up with hot flashes practically strip down only to get cold again. I feel very tired too. Especially as afternoon approches. I am trying that Ashwagandha I will let you know how that works.
Unread 07-20-2007, 03:13 PM

I had my 2 week check up today, everything is good. I was happy to get the stitches removed. I go back August 13th and can lift up to 20 lbs, ride my bike and exercise as long as I don't lift more than 20 and walk not jog. They will do an internal check at 4 weeks.
Unread 07-20-2007, 03:44 PM

wow lkr, how exciting to hear that you can do all that already!!!!!!! I go in for my 2 wk visit next wednesday. I cant wait already! Go get on your bike!!!! Congrats on doing so well!
Unread 07-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
Sleeping does seem to be a problem. I wake up with hot flashes practically strip down only to get cold again. I feel very tired too. Especially as afternoon approches. I am trying that Ashwagandha I will let you know how that works.
Byfaith, i forgot if you kept your ovaries or not? What is Ashwagandha? I am 12 days post op and I have no menopausal symptoms. Is this strange? I had both ovaries taken.
Unread 07-20-2007, 04:06 PM
phillipians446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Byfaith, i forgot if you kept your ovaries or not? What is Ashwagandha? I am 12 days post op and I have no menopausal symptoms. Is this strange? I had both ovaries taken.
All was removed, cervix, tubes, ovaries, uterus. Google it on the net Ashwagandha. Or on this site. It helps with hot flashes, stamia, improves sleep, night sweats and mood swings.

I thought I would give it a try. You take one in the A.m. and one in the afternoon. I should notice a difference in 2/4 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register