Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Thread Tools
  #191  
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
How is everyone feeling?
Have you been resting?
Who is still on pain med's?
Ibuprofen?
What have your milestones been this past week?


Continue to heal and be well!!!
2 weeks on Monday for me
I'm feeling really great!
Ibuprofen--600 mg twice a day
Milestones---went out to dinner with DH; Shaved my legs!
God is great, all of the time!
Many blessings to my new friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #192  
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

I'm almost 3 weeks post op and I'm still resting a lot. Is anyone still have trouble with gas? What worries me is that I have a hard time holding it in when someone is around. Frankly it's really embarrassing. Will I have more control as I get stronger?
  #193  
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
How is everyone feeling?
Have you been resting?
Who is still on pain med's?
Ibuprofen?
What have your milestones been this past week?


Continue to heal and be well!!!
Been really silly and went to walmart last night and did the shopping alone! i then proceeded to lift all shopping in to the car and then unload at the other end, somthing went ping and was in agony all night, had to ring the emergency dep and tell them what i had done - never been so stupid and they shouted at me big time, have been told to keep an eye over next few days and have probably set myself back to square one all over again and i am back on full pain releif and total rest - OMG - anyone out there please listen to what they tell you and do NOTHING! beleive me i learnt the hard way and am suffering now for the privelage, boredom may not be fun but it sure works!
OWWWW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #194  
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
How is everyone feeling?
Have you been resting?
Who is still on pain med's?
Ibuprofen?
What have your milestones been this past week?


Continue to heal and be well!!!

1. Feeling better everyday.
2. Yes, still resting alot.
3. Every so often when the pain gets worse I take a pain pill, usually 1 or maybe 2 at the most a day.
4. Taking Ibuprofen every 6 to 8 hours still.
5. Milestones have been..........walked into town yesterday with DS/DD and all was well. Had DD drive me to DS basketball camp(20 mins. away) and stayed for almost 2 hrs to watch him play.(I was REALLY exhausted by time we got home though)

My next milestone wil be getting inducted into the 40 year old catagory tomorrow, I'm rather excited, I'm so happy to be turning 40 and starting out with none of the old pain I had before
  #195  
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

wts330........take care and REST..............do NOTHING and let us know how you are doing!
  #196  
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

  Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
How is everyone feeling?
Have you been resting?
Who is still on pain med's?
Ibuprofen?
What have your milestones been this past week?


Continue to heal and be well!!!
I am feeling better. I get very tired though
For pain it's like someone punched me several times very hard and then I woke up to feel like I've been badly brused and beaten. That's the best way to explain it. I still have some pain do to gas. My husband has to stop coming home in the eve with milk shakes. I tried not to used any pain meds yesterday and I ended up feeling worse. Took a pain pill before I went to bed and slept so much better. Took 600mg of Advil this A.M. to start my day.
Milestone for me was to tend to my flowers and do laundry.

Seems everyone is moving along in healing. We do definately still need to be careful.
  #197  
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

I rested all week-and took ibuprofen mostly- with an occasional 1/2 vicodin at night. Worked from home full time all week-will go back to the office (drive myself) on Monday-
Milestone was-went to a wedding yesterday that DH was in-I was so afraid to go-it was a long day-
left our house at 2:30pm got home at 11:30pm-mostly sat-and had a few stiff drinks! Pain med for the ride home-I survived and feel pretty good today!

Slowly but surely-and rest is SO important!

Hope all are doing well-
xox
  #198  
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Ta UofMfan
Iwill keep you up to date but have all intentions of doing NOTHING

MANY HAPPY RETURNS FOR TOMORROW
  #199  
Unread 07-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Wts

Oh no!!!! Please rest and take it easy now. It is so hard not to over do it. But now you know you have to. Did you go in to see the Dr or just talk to them on the phone???

  Quote:
Originally Posted by wts330

Been really silly and went to walmart last night and did the shopping alone! i then proceeded to lift all shopping in to the car and then unload at the other end, somthing went ping and was in agony all night, had to ring the emergency dep and tell them what i had done - never been so stupid and they shouted at me big time, have been told to keep an eye over next few days and have probably set myself back to square one all over again and i am back on full pain releif and total rest - OMG - anyone out there please listen to what they tell you and do NOTHING! beleive me i learnt the hard way and am suffering now for the privelage, boredom may not be fun but it sure works!
OWWWW
  #200  
Unread 07-22-2007, 11:07 AM
UofMfan

to you!!!!!


  Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan
1. Feeling better everyday.
2. Yes, still resting alot.
3. Every so often when the pain gets worse I take a pain pill, usually 1 or maybe 2 at the most a day.
4. Taking Ibuprofen every 6 to 8 hours still.
5. Milestones have been..........walked into town yesterday with DS/DD and all was well. Had DD drive me to DS basketball camp(20 mins. away) and stayed for almost 2 hrs to watch him play.(I was REALLY exhausted by time we got home though)

My next milestone wil be getting inducted into the 40 year old catagory tomorrow, I'm rather excited, I'm so happy to be turning 40 and starting out with none of the old pain I had before
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
514 Replies, Last Reply 11-21-2017, Started By Princess Bea Well
2682 Replies, Last Reply 06-26-2014, Started By Princess Bea Well
795 Replies, Last Reply 12-25-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
537 Replies, Last Reply 11-01-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
559 Replies, Last Reply 05-30-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
364 Replies, Last Reply 03-06-2011, Started By Princess Bea Well
657 Replies, Last Reply 09-16-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
339 Replies, Last Reply 05-04-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
305 Replies, Last Reply 01-31-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
311 Replies, Last Reply 01-29-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
504 Replies, Last Reply 12-20-2007, Started By huskerjen
442 Replies, Last Reply 06-13-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
483 Replies, Last Reply 05-06-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
277 Replies, Last Reply 04-29-2007, Started By Princess Bea Well
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, HysterSisters Club House
20 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
5 Replies, The Road Less Traveled



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

May 17,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  



Advertisement


Advertisement