Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

byfaith, I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad night. I know my back cramped last week a few times but it was with normal walking. I had my LSH on July 2 and yesterday was just cleared to do most everything except heavy lifting and not sex until I go 5 days w/out discharge which has been brown. Anyways, I practice yoga and pilates and my DR told me to ease back into it. Your tredmill walking sounds a bit much considering you had your abdominal area cut. I am not a DR but a caring sister. Go easy on yourself and listen to your body...not your mind I had a tendon injury in my left ankle last fall and worked through it but it took many months...and recently after my surgery (I had those lovely compression bands on my legs while in the castle) my left ankle was really sore. So, I know I need to not totally reinjury it. When do you go for a check-up with your DR? My nurse said 6 weeks is only a ballpark time frame as to when our healing is done.

Best of healing and rest your body and think positive...this too shall pass.

Have a great day.
Mj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulagal
Hi Ladies-
Had my 1st post op Dr visit today and he cleared me for all activities-including sex....
He did a quick internal exam (that was painless) checked my incisions (which are healing up nicely) and basically said I can do everything that I want to-but to listen to my body. Talked about my hormone dosages (bio identicals) and he is going to tweek them a bit now that I don't have a uterus- I don't know if it's pshycological or not-but today I feel really great!! Not sure if it's the positive Dr visit-or if I really DO feel this good! Going to Half Moon Bay near SFO this weekend and real vacation next week-woo hoo!
I told him about tjs fantastic website-and he is going to check it out!
Hope you all feel really good today...
Great news! Have a great time!! I got the go ahead for everything but sex last week can work up to 20 lbs by 6 weeks. He will do the internal check at 6 weeks. I feel great, fatigue is the worst and the left incision seems to be taking longer to heal with the outside stitches. Have a wonderful weekend. It is interesting to watch how different all the Doc's are with this process.
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM
A funny... related to our surgeries...

Hi ladies... hope you are all having a good day!

I have a really funny image (however, it is of a child... just so you know)... that I got in an email and would love to share it with you but I am unable to post pic's in a post. If you would like to see it, please email me! It is great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks Brymj

I did do 2 miles on the tread mill today and that seems to be okay. I just can't bend too much or it starts to spasm. I just feel like I have to do something to start to strengthen my core without putting too much pressure on my incision. This healing sure takes sometime.

I appreciate the info though. I am so happy that I found this site. Everyone is so helpful. I figure if I do some walking and then some resting I should be okay. My front left still hurts quite a bit too but looking back I know it's better then it was 2 weeks ago.
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:57 PM

Wow! 2 miles on the treadmill! That seems like a awful lot. I hope your not overdoing it. I had my TVH on the 2nd and can barely stand the sore muscles on my right side and around my ribs. My lower back hurts alot to but my GP told me to rub cator oil on my back and put a heating pad on low on it for 45 mins. What a difference! I guess it has anti-inflamatory properties. Anyone else having problems with swelly belly and sore rib muscles?
Unread 07-27-2007, 02:07 PM

i had my ovaries and uterus removed on the 6th and i do have the swelly belly. hurts too. my ribs don't hurt though.
Unread 07-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Modesto

It may seem like allot but I worry about my blood pressure too. Two weeks before my surgery it bumped up to 156/96 and continued to stay high until I was prescribed BP meds. I am hoping it will go back down after this pain is over with. It's so strange that so many things effect your body.

A BIG for your thoughts...........I will continue to take it easy and watch what I am doing.
Unread 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM

I know I thought I would be back to my old self by now and am getting a little frustrated that I'm not. I had planned on returning to work Tues but had to face the fact that my body is just not ready for it yet. I am blessed with a wonderful family and my DH has been fantastic. I'm just not used to not being superwoman. When I had my ablation in Mar I was up and running in a couple of days. I guess the dr is right when they say this is a major surgery. I hope you continue to heal and that your BP goes back down so that you can come off the meds. Hugs to you
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:24 PM

I am going back to work on the 6th of August, one month post op. I feel alot like myself, and then by the end of the day, realize my stamina is not what it used to be and I am exhausted. My kids have been great, but I don't have them doing much for me right now. The pain on my right side is getting less now - the doctor told me it is from the pulling tightly to sew up that last layer to hold the abdomen together. I dont know what half of the abberviations are here are, so sometimes I only get half the message. Is there a place to figure out what exactly all the codes are?

Deanna
Abdominal Hystertomy - no ovaries, kept cervix -- Age 40 -- Excessive bleeding and fibroids
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:38 PM

I thought I was doing better today so I thought I'd try some clothes on that needed mending. I tried on several tops and pants and all of a sudden I thought, "That's enough, no more." Had to lie down for a while. I don't know if it was the bending and stretching that did it or what, but it's pitiful that that little bit wore me out.

I am going for a walk with DH tonight. I need to build up a little stamina. Also my vaginal area is still sore. Are you all still experiencing this?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register