Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-27-2007, 04:41 PM
dwhite4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite40
I am going back to work on the 6th of August, one month post op. I feel alot like myself, and then by the end of the day, realize my stamina is not what it used to be and I am exhausted. My kids have been great, but I don't have them doing much for me right now. The pain on my right side is getting less now - the doctor told me it is from the pulling tightly to sew up that last layer to hold the abdomen together. I dont know what half of the abberviations are here are, so sometimes I only get half the message. Is there a place to figure out what exactly all the codes are?

Deanna
Abdominal Hystertomy - no ovaries, kept cervix -- Age 40 -- Excessive bleeding and fibroids
Here you go!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/announcement.php?f=3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

It depends on what I do. If I'm doing alot of bending then I get twinges in the vaginal area but mostly on the sides by my hip bones. I've also noticed these twinges when I'm losing a stitch. For the most part I think I'd feel alot better if it wasn't for the swelly belly. I was able to walk down to the river by my house today and that felt good but my lower back started to hurt afterwards. Everyone keeps telling me this is going to be great once we're all healed. So here's to feeling great!
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:43 PM

I was so excited today. I went to my crochers club for the first time in ages. Over the past 6 months I kept missing the meetings because I was always bleeding or in pain. It felt realy good to get together with old friends and work on our charity blankets.
I found out that two of the ladies in the group had hysters, One had it done three years ago at age 42, and one had it done when she was 23. At this point it was kind of a downer because the first gal was agast that I was still "taking it easy". She bragged that she had gone back to work after only 2 weeks. She had the same procedure I did - LSH/BSO. For a while I thought that maybe I WAS just being a wimp and a cry baby. But you know what, I'm not her. I'm going to take as much time as I need to heal and not feel at all guilty about it.
Now the pizza that I ate for dinner with the extra cheese and spicy sausage - that I'll feel guilty about!
Hugs,
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 11:03 PM

Here is one with a bit more detailed info...

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_152317.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti
Unread 07-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Uglyhat

Hey girl... don't you dare let that woman make you feel pressured in any way for your recovery process! You and I had surgery the same day and I am slow in mine too. Hang in there, we are in this together!!!

I wonder if you (or any other of the ladies) is/are having trouble eating much? I can only eat a small amount and then my tummy just feels bloated and painful. It's good I guess, maybe I will lose weight-haha! But it is such a weird feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyhat
I was so excited today. I went to my crochers club for the first time in ages. Over the past 6 months I kept missing the meetings because I was always bleeding or in pain. It felt realy good to get together with old friends and work on our charity blankets.
I found out that two of the ladies in the group had hysters, One had it done three years ago at age 42, and one had it done when she was 23. At this point it was kind of a downer because the first gal was agast that I was still "taking it easy". She bragged that she had gone back to work after only 2 weeks. She had the same procedure I did - LSH/BSO. For a while I thought that maybe I WAS just being a wimp and a cry baby. But you know what, I'm not her. I'm going to take as much time as I need to heal and not feel at all guilty about it.
Now the pizza that I ate for dinner with the extra cheese and spicy sausage - that I'll feel guilty about!
Hugs,
Lori
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:25 AM

Trouble eating much at a time here too. You're right, it's wierd. I've always been a big eater. But I agree with you on the weight loss idea. It would be nice if through this life lesson I relearn how to eat healthier portions.
Unread 07-29-2007, 06:34 AM

WannaBpainfree........I wonder if you (or any other of the ladies) is/are having trouble eating much? I can only eat a small amount and then my tummy just feels bloated and painful. It's good I guess, maybe I will lose weight-haha! But it is such a weird feeling.

Funny, I can only eat so much also, if I go over then I fight nausea REALLY bad, so now its smaller portions. Its a good thing also for me, I gained way too much wieght before the hyster from lack of activity and really bad choc cravings. One other bright note is that I no longer am even stightly interested in choc. any more either.....................very weird but a good thing also.
Unread 07-29-2007, 06:54 AM

I feel really good today. It has been 3 weeks and 3 days since my TAH. I popped right out of bed this morning and almost forgot I had surgery!! I hope everybody else feels this good soon. I have a good appetite too--darn--I could stand to lose about 50 pounds.

Connie
Unread 07-29-2007, 06:59 AM

anyone else have shoulder pain. someone told me that the nurses probably pulled on my shoulders right before surgery and pulled something out of place. it hurts all the time and along my neck area.
Unread 07-29-2007, 09:20 AM

Cedler1 you could also have an inflamation in your shoulder socket or in the rib area around it. This happens sometimes after surgery. Tell your doctor and continue the water. Surgery dries you out so badly!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register