Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-29-2007, 09:29 AM
3 week report

I feel I am doing much better. I have a pulling feeling when I am walking around more on my left side. I use the belly band from the hospital when it bugs me too much. During my treadmill walk I always use it or I could not stand it. Eating okay but definately eating less. Still getting about 4 hot flashes a night but I just started the estrogen 4 days ago so I am hoping it gets better. I feel like I am in a fog in the morning or when I get tired. Clear discharge just started but maybe a tablespoons worth in the last couple days. Kind of strange but I heard someone else had that too. I take 3 Advil twice a day so that I feel comfortable enough to do the things I want to do without thinking about the pain.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. The chocolate thing that's so funny it was the same with me but I blame the monthly thing for that. But I'd rather have something real good to eat now real food! Even though I don't eat as much.

Uglyhat...Your progress is yours, heal at your pace, you only get one chance. I know there are some people that are out there in swimming suits feeling at the top of the world who had the same thing as me and here I am, I still don't feel like leaving the house, so I have not yet. I have not felt the need to but today I am going to target to check my blood pressure that will be my first outing.

s to all and heal well.....................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyhat
I was so excited today. I went to my crochers club for the first time in ages. Over the past 6 months I kept missing the meetings because I was always bleeding or in pain. It felt realy good to get together with old friends and work on our charity blankets.
I found out that two of the ladies in the group had hysters, One had it done three years ago at age 42, and one had it done when she was 23. At this point it was kind of a downer because the first gal was agast that I was still "taking it easy". She bragged that she had gone back to work after only 2 weeks. She had the same procedure I did - LSH/BSO. For a while I thought that maybe I WAS just being a wimp and a cry baby. But you know what, I'm not her. I'm going to take as much time as I need to heal and not feel at all guilty about it.
Now the pizza that I ate for dinner with the extra cheese and spicy sausage - that I'll feel guilty about!
Hugs,
Lori
It is great you are getting out and I know you love your yarn. We have a knitting group in the winter months. I think you are doing awesome. You have a job that is there 24/7 and I know are a great MOM. Just smile and keep up the good work. as for the pizza
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:11 AM

The last few days I've had no energy and am not sleeping well. Count me in on the not being very hungry. Must have something to do ith the fact we aren't as active as we usually are, so our bodies don't need as much fuel.

Today is Dannys 24 hour shift so I yhink I'll try venturing to the city, it'll kill about 3-4 hours. It's nice to be able to drive again. Hopefully, my body will tell me to head home before it too late. Thinking it might help me sleep better tonight aso. Need to move around more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
I feel I am doing much better. I have a pulling feeling when I am walking around more on my left side. I use the belly band from the hospital when it bugs me too much. During my treadmill walk I always use it or I could not stand it. Eating okay but definately eating less. Still getting about 4 hot flashes a night but I just started the estrogen 4 days ago so I am hoping it gets better. I feel like I am in a fog in the morning or when I get tired. Clear discharge just started but maybe a tablespoons worth in the last couple days. Kind of strange but I heard someone else had that too. I take 3 Advil twice a day so that I feel comfortable enough to do the things I want to do without thinking about the pain.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. The chocolate thing that's so funny it was the same with me but I blame the monthly thing for that. But I'd rather have something real good to eat now real food! Even though I don't eat as much.

Uglyhat...Your progress is yours, heal at your pace, you only get one chance. I know there are some people that are out there in swimming suits feeling at the top of the world who had the same thing as me and here I am, I still don't feel like leaving the house, so I have not yet. I have not felt the need to but today I am going to target to check my blood pressure that will be my first outing.

s to all and heal well.....................
Have fun.. Thanks for your positive posts its because of your posts I'm spending time on the treadmill myself. The fatigue the last few days has been huge, I ended up taking Friday off just to veg. I do feel better getting some exercise.
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan
WannaBpainfree........I wonder if you (or any other of the ladies) is/are having trouble eating much? I can only eat a small amount and then my tummy just feels bloated and painful. It's good I guess, maybe I will lose weight-haha! But it is such a weird feeling.

Funny, I can only eat so much also, if I go over then I fight nausea REALLY bad, so now its smaller portions. Its a good thing also for me, I gained way too much wieght before the hyster from lack of activity and really bad choc cravings. One other bright note is that I no longer am even stightly interested in choc. any more either.....................very weird but a good thing also.

My appetite came back about 4 days ago but I do have problems if I eat to much. Bloating and really gassy. The swelly belly is starting to go down finally! Now i can feel all the actual muscles that are sore. the majority of them dowm my right side, from the shoulder to the hip and across the diaphram. Good news (I think) I can now feel sore muscles (probably from walking and stuff) across my lower tummy. This isn't so much pulling of stiches or tenderness but just sore muscles now that I am tring to use them.

Don't ever feel bad about how long your body dictates your healing process will take. She was just competing and that's not appropriate or cool. You will heal in exactly the amount of time you need to heal. It sounds as if alot of of us are in the same boat going about the same speed. Some a little slower and some a little faster but we will all get there
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:54 AM
UofMfan

Yeah, it's getting to the point where I know if I eat, I'm gonna suffer later. I have to wait around in the mornings and let my body work up to a BM. I don't like that. I will have to go back to work at the end of August (I'm a teacher) and I won't have time to do this... I hope my body adjusts soon! My doctor said my bowels are kinda traumatized right now... ugh!!!

Quote:
WannaBpainfree........I wonder if you (or any other of the ladies) is/are having trouble eating much? I can only eat a small amount and then my tummy just feels bloated and painful. It's good I guess, maybe I will lose weight-haha! But it is such a weird feeling.

Funny, I can only eat so much also, if I go over then I fight nausea REALLY bad, so now its smaller portions. Its a good thing also for me, I gained way too much wieght before the hyster from lack of activity and really bad choc cravings. One other bright note is that I no longer am even stightly interested in choc. any more either.....................very weird but a good thing also.
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
Yeah, it's getting to the point where I know if I eat, I'm gonna suffer later. I have to wait around in the mornings and let my body work up to a BM. I don't like that. I will have to go back to work at the end of August (I'm a teacher) and I won't have time to do this... I hope my body adjusts soon! My doctor said my bowels are kinda traumatized right now... ugh!!!

That is too funny, I finally was able to make it to church today and the first thing I had to do this morning was get up early, take my vitimains, eat a "little" bowl of cereal so I KNEW I would have a BM before I left..................
I've been thinking about the whole BM thing too for when I go back to work also. Before the hyster I was extremely lucky if I had a BM every 5/6 days, now I am having one everyday and usually always in the am. I am still taking the stool softners they gave me when I came home from the castle, it has been soooooooooooo wonderful to have a BM everyday. OK so TMI..................... :LOL:
Unread 07-29-2007, 01:18 PM
UofMfan

Nope! Not TMI... it's a fact of life for us! It's definitely better for me now. Before the hyst I would have such pain getting it to come out. It would position itself right in between my vaginal opening and my rectal opening and I would have to push it out. Now THERE'S too much information for ya!

Quote:
That is too funny, I finally was able to make it to church today and the first thing I had to do this morning was get up early, take my vitimains, eat a "little" bowl of cereal so I KNEW I would have a BM before I left..................
I've been thinking about the whole BM thing too for when I go back to work also. Before the hyster I was extremely lucky if I had a BM every 5/6 days, now I am having one everyday and usually always in the am. I am still taking the stool softners they gave me when I came home from the castle, it has been soooooooooooo wonderful to have a BM everyday. OK so TMI..................... :LOL:
Unread 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM

WannaB, I'm also a teacher and HOPING I'll be in shape for school. I know better than to lift those desks into place and I also have tons of books that need to be moved from one room to another. They did some construction in my classroom and lots of things had to be moved out of it. My DH and DS have both volunteered to do these things for me, but you and I both know how much work is involved to get your room ready to go. I think I'd better start early enough (but not too early ).

UofM, I also went to church for the first time after surgery. Wasn't sure I could sit, stand, and kneel for a long time. Had to leave a little early because I started feeling funny, but was able to stay for most of it.

Slowly but surely we're getting there!
Unread 07-30-2007, 07:17 AM

lovetosew, yeah I made it through the service but during the singing I broke out in a really bad sweat and got kinda light headed so I sat down for the remainder of the service and felt alot better.

Yesterday was the first time I felt internal pulling and throbbing pain, I think I probably over did it with making a big dinner/dessert and going to church and NOT resting at all. So today I'm going to find a good book and take it easy again, I really don't want to mess anything up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register