Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 08-03-2007, 10:11 AM
In 5th week of recovery

Well gals, I am now in my 5th week of recovery after my TVH on 7/2. The first week home was actually pretty ok, not a lot of pain or weakness. I was thrilled. 2nd week... not so good. That's when I started feeling l like all my insides were shifting like they were auctioning off the free space. I think I must be over doing it a bit since I returned to work after 4 weeks and find myself just completely exhausted and hurting. I sure will be glad when I am completely healed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Hi ladies! just checkin' in on my girls!!!
Hopefully you are all doing well....

How are feeling this week?
*Aches?
*Pains?
*Sleeping well?
*Tired?
*Hormones?

Fill us in!
Unread 08-04-2007, 02:26 AM

Hi!

Well, here I am up at 4:00 am. Yesterday I slept all night and was so thrilled I wanted to celebrate, but not this morning. So I decided to see what was new with my sisters. Aren't we lucky to have found this website?

I'm not in too much pain. Actually, I shouldn't call it pain, it's more like discomfort. Still taking my Motrin and Tylenol when I need it. And I'm taking short rests throughout the day. Each day is getting better but I'm afraid to overdo it until the dr gives his ok. My 5 week mark is Monday.

Well, that's my update. Hope everyone else is doing better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 02:47 AM

Well here I am at 4 and a half weeks I went to the doctor Friday for the first time since surgery. I had a total LVH the doctor did not even examine me inside. I was relieved of that. I did pee in a cup and found out that I had a bladder infection, so I am taking antibiotics for that. She told me I was doing great. My belly button was healing great where they went in. I have a slight minimum amount of pain. She told me to wait at least six weeks before having sex. The pain I was experiencing where my cervix was turned out to be a bladder infection. I hope everyone else is doing fine also. I still can't lift anything for awhile yet. 45 years young Chris
Unread 08-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Week 4!

Wow I can't believe it's already week 4! I had a few set backs but I am doing pretty good. Still tweeky pain on and off. Can't sit for too long. At this point its the sleep that's the worst. Not getting much. It frightens me when I think of going back to work. I need to have my rest for my work.

I hope everyone else is healing well....
Unread 08-04-2007, 08:10 AM

ByFaith, are you planning to go on estrogen? I was on a patch before surgery and I'm hoping to go back on it after my dr. appt. I was having trouble sleeping before surgery and it really helped me get back to my old self.

I know what you mean about this sleep thing. It's upsetting.
Unread 08-04-2007, 08:28 AM

I started 1 mg of estradiol about 2 weeks ago. Has help with hot flashes even though I counted them last night and I had 4. I am sure this is why I am not sleeping. But I have heard that I may not be getting enough estrogen or my hormone level has not leveled off yet. I have to say I had such a short time to prep for this surgery and I feel I was not prepared for all of the things that come along with it. But then again I could have had cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetosew
ByFaith, are you planning to go on estrogen? I was on a patch before surgery and I'm hoping to go back on it after my dr. appt. I was having trouble sleeping before surgery and it really helped me get back to my old self.

I know what you mean about this sleep thing. It's upsetting.
Unread 08-04-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
Hi ladies! just checkin' in on my girls!!!
Hopefully you are all doing well....

How are feeling this week?
*Aches?
*Pains?
*Sleeping well?
*Tired?
*Hormones?

Fill us in!
This week and today I want to crawl under a rock! The joy of keeping my ovaries, I guess. It would be a week before my period and I think I'm suffering PMS. Emotionally.

My aches and pains are moslty in my back. Went to mall yesterday to start school shopping with DSons and DH. I was very tired after an hour and half...we left. I laid down when I go home for a bit. DH went to workout a gym.
I then made dinner which I really did not feel like doing at all.

Sleeping...not good at all last night. Just could not get comfortable! One night this week I did sleep all the way through...well I woke up once to check the time and made myself stay in bed. My bladder hurt later from waiting.

I feel so guilty typing my complaints...I know life can always be worse. It's just at times I feel so alone living with my DH and DSons. My mom lives out of state and I do call her. I'm glad I've got all my sisters here on this site. It helps knowing I'm not alone.

I just wish my body, mind and spirit were all in sync again. I'm tired out and just want to feel "normal" again...but I think it's a new normal. I am still thankful for a surgery that went well. And NO more periods! AMEN to that.

Hopefully as the day goes on...my hormones will chill out. I haven't felt this weepy since week 1 & 2. I'm usually more balanced.

So, if anyone wants to join me under a rock...I'll save you a spot!
Unread 08-04-2007, 08:57 AM

Hey brymj I'll join you! I am in the same boat. I have DH, DS my DD has moved and she is off in her land of (me..myself..and I) and my mother passed away at the tender age of 64 six years ago. I miss her so...I have days when everything makes me cry. Then some are good. I think it depends on how much sleep you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymj
This week and today I want to crawl under a rock! The joy of keeping my ovaries, I guess. It would be a week before my period and I think I'm suffering PMS. Emotionally.

My aches and pains are moslty in my back. Went to mall yesterday to start school shopping with DSons and DH. I was very tired after an hour and half...we left. I laid down when I go home for a bit. DH went to workout a gym.
I then made dinner which I really did not feel like doing at all.

Sleeping...not good at all last night. Just could not get comfortable! One night this week I did sleep all the way through...well I woke up once to check the time and made myself stay in bed. My bladder hurt later from waiting.

I feel so guilty typing my complaints...I know life can always be worse. It's just at times I feel so alone living with my DH and DSons. My mom lives out of state and I do call her. I'm glad I've got all my sisters here on this site. It helps knowing I'm not alone.

I just wish my body, mind and spirit were all in sync again. I'm tired out and just want to feel "normal" again...but I think it's a new normal. I am still thankful for a surgery that went well. And NO more periods! AMEN to that.

Hopefully as the day goes on...my hormones will chill out. I haven't felt this weepy since week 1 & 2. I'm usually more balanced.

So, if anyone wants to join me under a rock...I'll save you a spot!
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:04 AM

Byfaith, I think you're right...lack of sleep does not help matters. I usually don't require more than 6 to 7 hours but that's of good sleep. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My mother has battled breast cancer and triple bypass and I know she will not always be with me so I cherish each moment I get to talk with her. She had a total Hyster yrs ago after her cancer. She understands me...my boys are teenagers and my husband is usually preoccupied with his work.

I hope you get to feeling back to yourself soon. I'm here for you

Mj

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register