Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 08-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Updates

Okay... I should have said to add the positives too!
Let's talk about some good things in our recovery as well....
Maybe a good thing too would be to post what kind of surgery you had if it isn't in your signature area.
I find that helpful as I am reading about recoveries.

For me--At almost 5 weeks PO, I am beginning to feel human again! Still have pulling in the belly button area, and get swelly belly when I over do it or eat too big of a portion. No hormonal imbalances either yet. Whoo-hoo! I see my surgeon on Wednesday for the first time since surgery, so hopefully all will be good news!

Happy continued healing my sisters!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Bleeding????? (graphic)

Hi girls, Yesterday I thought I was feeling great and decided to take a little drive. 7miles total. The most difficult thing was getting in the car and then the railroad tracks in town was rough. I forgot to take a pillow to put between the seatbelt and my tummy.

Last night when I was getting ready for bed I found blood. It freaked me out. there was a little spot on my pad and then when i wiped it was like a small period. No dripping in the toilet. When I got up this morning there is less blood. I have my cervix could I possibly be having a period of some sort. There were little clumps of something red in the shape of an "S" this morning in the toilet. Sorry to be so graphic but it really shook me up. I don't really have any unusual pain it's about the same.

Also I am having trouble trying to figure out how to reply to you wonderful folks who have answered my ?? in the past. Thanks I do appreciate you help and your well wishes.

Rapha
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Rapha

I have not experienced the bleeding, but I am sure the other ladies will chime in on that one. I have read that it is common to have bleeding afterwards. I don't recall what type of hyst you had though. Hang in there. If it is just a little I think you are fine. I read on here that if you are changing a pad an hour (I think that is what I read...) then you should call the DR.) Always consult your Dr if you have Q's though. Peace of mind!

To respond specifically to someone, you could put their name in the Title box like I did you, or if you click on their screen name, you can private message or email them if they have allowed that capibilty. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapha
Hi girls, Yesterday I thought I was feeling great and decided to take a little drive. 7miles total. The most difficult thing was getting in the car and then the railroad tracks in town was rough. I forgot to take a pillow to put between the seatbelt and my tummy.

Last night when I was getting ready for bed I found blood. It freaked me out. there was a little spot on my pad and then when i wiped it was like a small period. No dripping in the toilet. When I got up this morning there is less blood. I have my cervix could I possibly be having a period of some sort. There were little clumps of something red in the shape of an "S" this morning in the toilet. Sorry to be so graphic but it really shook me up. I don't really have any unusual pain it's about the same.

Also I am having trouble trying to figure out how to reply to you wonderful folks who have answered my ?? in the past. Thanks I do appreciate you help and your well wishes.

Rapha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymj
Byfaith, I think you're right...lack of sleep does not help matters. I usually don't require more than 6 to 7 hours but that's of good sleep. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My mother has battled breast cancer and triple bypass and I know she will not always be with me so I cherish each moment I get to talk with her. She had a total Hyster yrs ago after her cancer. She understands me...my boys are teenagers and my husband is usually preoccupied with his work.

I hope you get to feeling back to yourself soon. I'm here for you

Mj
Hi gals,
I understand the sleep thing, I think part of it is doing to much and be exhausted almost too tired to sleep well. This was my third week back to work and I made it thru the week, last week by Friday I was totally exhausted and slept for 4 hours in the afternoon Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This week I did ok until about 7 and than my body was done, if I exercise right after work I'm ok but other wise it goes by the way side. I can relate to the alone thing I have been alone since day 2 of coming home, most of the time it is ok but at times it really hard, my reasoning for going back to work. But, counting the days until DH is home safe, time really goes by quicker than we think. For some reason I have 2 incisions that are starting to open, just a small raw spot no drainage but really hurts, Have a nice weekend it is nice to hear every one is healing. In the quite of my days this site has been a huge help..
Unread 08-04-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapha

Rapha
Hi Rapha,

I started bleeding 5 days after my TVH and continued to bleed for almost 3 weeks after. My Dr told me it was a collection of blood in the vaginal cuff. I'm not sure what type of surgery you had. Also my dr said that when my internal stitches start to come out then I might bleed alittle for each one. I started losing stiches at day 10 and contined to lose one here and there since. I knew it was a stitich because I'd wipe and there would be a straight string like thing. But I had vaginal stitches. A call to your dr or the hospital emegerncy room nurse is your best bet if your concerned. My dr gave me her cell phone # if i had any questions and she has always answered my call. Good luck and to you
Unread 08-04-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
Okay... I should have said to add the positives too!
Let's talk about some good things in our recovery as well....
Maybe a good thing too would be to post what kind of surgery you had if it isn't in your signature area.
I find that helpful as I am reading about recoveries.

For me--At almost 5 weeks PO, I am beginning to feel human again! Still have pulling in the belly button area, and get swelly belly when I over do it or eat too big of a portion. No hormonal imbalances either yet. Whoo-hoo! I see my surgeon on Wednesday for the first time since surgery, so hopefully all will be good news!

Happy continued healing my sisters!!!

I can't believe it almost 5 weeks!

Well, I am going pretty good I think. I have been walking my dogs in the woods every day for about an hour and I have been driving all around town, the longest I have driven is probably 3-4 hours driving around shopping.

I go back to work Monday I don't sleep well either. I'm a tummy sleeper and when I try to sleep on a side it pulled stuff inside so I toss and turn. I have ambien that was prescribed to me when I broke my leg 2 years ago so I take 1 once every 3 days (they are very addictive) that why I get a couple of full nights of sleep every week .

I still have a problem with swelly belly and pulled muscles that I have been using heat and castor oil on I have also been using wintergreen oil that really helps as well as tylenol and motrin.

I have noticed that my milestones seem to be weekly more then daily. I compare myself to haw I felt last week and the difference is amazing. I truely hope and pray that each and everyone of you heals well and is blessed.
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:14 PM
internal stitches and bleeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modesto
Hi Rapha,

I started bleeding 5 days after my TVH and continued to bleed for almost 3 weeks after. My Dr told me it was a collection of blood in the vaginal cuff. I'm not sure what type of surgery you had. Also my dr said that when my internal stitches start to come out then I might bleed alittle for each one. I started losing stiches at day 10 and contined to lose one here and there since. I knew it was a stitich because I'd wipe and there would be a straight string like thing. But I had vaginal stitches. A call to your dr or the hospital emegerncy room nurse is your best bet if your concerned. My dr gave me her cell phone # if i had any questions and she has always answered my call. Good luck and to you
Thanks, I don't know if I have lost any stitches or not. When I first came home during week 1 I had some similar bleeding that went away. I have dramatically reduced my activity today and will see what happens. I'll call my health coach and see what they say if it doesn't go away. I'm just spotting on the pad and then getting some blood when I wipe. My 6 week is on the 13th. in which she will do a pelvic exam. Of course today is saturday. Thanks again.
Unread 08-04-2007, 01:49 PM

Here I sit. My 6 weeks post-op will be Tuesday August 7. I feel so good that it's scary and have for the last 3 weeks. I still get those phantom ovary pains and I'm beginning to wonder about my mood swings. I will be good for a week or so and then boom. It's like pms. My hot flashes are much better and I haven't had night sweats in a few weeks. That's nice since I had them way before my surgery. I am on Enjuvia and it really seems to help. I still pains every now and then and yes my back is usually killing me at the end of the day. I think that's from this 15lbs I have gained over the last 12 weeks!! I am returning to CURVES next week but on a feels basis..however I feel is is how long I stay. I am going to try for 10 - 15 minutes the first week , three times a day. I hope you princesses get to feeling better. There is light at the end of the tunnel!! HUGS!!
Unread 08-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Need help from my Recovery Week sisters :)

I posted this in the main post-op section yesterday, but I think things get lost with so many posts and questions, that's okay. I thought I would put it here too as my recovery sisters are on the same timeline as I am, and this is the latest in my progress. Hope that is okay with the Hostesses.

Hi ladies... need your help and advice please. Let me give you a little background first to help you understand my situation. Sorry in advance if it is a little long.

2004-- 10 pound Dermoid tumor removed along with right ovary /fallopian tube. Was left w/large vertical scar

2005-- Had Tummy tuck. Vertical scar gone, now have c-section kind of scar, but hip to hip and low
2007, Jan. began Lupron to shrink large fibroid tumor and uterus, last menstual cycle. Major menopausal symptoms! 2007, May. Last Lupron shot
2007, June 30-- Had a period
2007, July 3-- LSH leaving left ovary/fallopian tube and cervix intact.

As you can see I have had numerous abdominal surgeries, and my body has been through the ringer in the last 6 months hormonally. After my LSH, I have been praying that my ovary would "kick in". My surgeon said if I don't have any menopausal symptoms, (which I have not since surgery)... then that was a really good sign it was woking okay.

So... here's my question.... Finally! HAHA...

I have had swelly belly today, but it has been different, almost like period cramps with a slight lower back pain. Today as I was going to the bathroom, I passed a fairly large clear clump of jelly-like matter. I have had this in the past during my cycle. (Is this a stupid question???) Where does it come from if my uterus is gone? Could this be the sign I have been waiting for that my ovary is working???

Thanks again in advance.
Unread 08-05-2007, 12:38 PM

Wannabe...it does not make sense. Even if your right ovary kicked in why would anything be discharged?? Depending on how much and if it keeps up I would call my doctor.

My question to you is why did you keep cervix and right ovary and tube? After all you have gone through I guess I would be nervous something else would happen. But also I am interested to hear why and what your doctor said about it. I am fighting my decisions, and what my doctor recommended to me.

You sure have been through alot.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register